Formula 1 Wags #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is not about if he’s loved or not, if he’s a villian or not. No one said anything about that. No one even cares about that.
What @Greeny17 said is about this press conference where he said that he’s not raging anymore, he’s just upset because he cares. And Yuki apparently doesn’t, he’s just raging. So it’s good he’s getting that help, but Max doesn’t need that. And like Greeny or someone else said, the racial background of all that isn’t to be forgotten either because Asian people are always stereotyped to be calm and shy and as soon as someone isn’t they are in need of help - which Max played into as well by saying that it’s good he’s getting the help.
Yuki’s mental health is none of Max’s or Marko’s business. That’s literally it. And Max talking a big game about how he’s so amazing but Yuki’s not, with Yuki literally right there, is simply insensitive. Yuki was literally ready to cry, he looked so completely done. You may interpret it differently, I see it like this, then again others might see it completely differently. That’s down to everyone themselves.
Sorry to butt in but I agree with this, especially the racial stereotypes part. This really can't be ignored because it's extremely ironic how Marko/RBR has said Yuki (an Asian who are often expected to be "model minorities") is raging for doing the same things that Max (a white driver) has done in the past, which is instead seen as him being passionate about the sport. As someone who is part of a model minority group myself I know this first hand based on reactions I get when I "act out" in ways that people think is not okay for someone like me to do.

Not to mention constantly bringing this up, on anyone's part Max or Marko doesn't really matter tbh, is horrible. This is Yuki's personal medical history that's being discussed here and it never should have been publicly announced in the first place, not to mention constantly being rehashed and made to seem like he is in the wrong for seeking help. Refusing to get mental health help when it's needed really isn't the flex that many people (like Marko and Max in this case) seem to think it is.

Reactions: 20
I get your point but I think we need to remember firstly that it's not Max's first language. Yes he speaks fluently but he makes a balls of things sometimes...(my tyres are not lovely from Silverstone for example)

Secondly, mindset is a competitive edge in any sport, so I think the point he's making in terms of working with a psychologist, is that the it might not be something you want your competitors to know about, I don't think he's trying to shame anyone...are his comments helpful in terms of the stigma of mental health issues, no....could they be triggering for someone with mental health issues, probably....but I don't think he was trying to be malicious
Just another point of view on the not wanting competitors to know you're seeing someone - I follow snooker as well and alot of the top players on snooker are very open about contributing some of their success to seeing a sports psychologist. They talk about it terms of how to deal with frustration, recovery from defeats and also dealing with inner turmoil. I think the idea of it being seen as a point of weakness is a toxic part of patriarchy, and hurts everyone.
Personally I believe the more people who speak about it make it easier for everyone to be open to the possibility of accessing help for themselves. Whether or not the individual decides to speak about it is up to themselves though but no one should be shamed for choosing to speak about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Walked right into that one didn’t I

Unless they bring Pato in (unlikely as duck) or Yuki, or Pierre… basically anyone but Colton Herta
I love Daniel, but it's gonna happen. But if it's for Herta, I'll be fuming. I'd rather be last every race than Herta in the team.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just another point of view on the not wanting competitors to know you're seeing someone - I follow snooker as well and alot of the top players on snooker are very open about contributing some of their success to seeing a sports psychologist. They talk about it terms of how to deal with frustration, recovery from defeats and also dealing with inner turmoil. I think the idea of it being seen as a point of weakness is a toxic part of patriarchy, and hurts everyone.
Personally I believe the more people who speak about it make it easier for everyone to be open to the possibility of accessing help for themselves. Whether or not the individual decides to speak about it is up to themselves though but no one should be shamed for choosing to speak about it.
Not the point here but I love snooker! I never really followed it but when I stumble upon it I like to watch it. It’s just so relaxing, in contrast to Motorsports especially 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love Daniel, but it's gonna happen. But if it's for Herta, I'll be fuming. I'd rather be last every race than Herta in the team.
Yeah it will happen, no denying that. He’d need a serious miracle in 2023 for them to keep him beyond that. And yes, being last every time is a lot less painful than having him.

that was my first thought 😂😂😂 i would love to see Daniel beat lando at mini golf tho 😂😂
Oh he’d sulk so hard, it’s be hilarious

Reactions: 9
Is that a personal thing or is he problematic? Just wondering before I get invested in him 😂
For me it’s him publicly hoping that Daniel does badly so he gets a shot at F1. Just incredibly unsportsmanlike. And he's a very aggressive driver. Plus I kind of dont like his hair, that doesn’t really matter but I didn’t want to leave it out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah it will happen, no denying that. He’d need a serious miracle in 2023 for them to keep him beyond that. And yes, being last every time is a lot less painful than having him.

Oh he’d sulk so hard, it’s be hilarious
😂😂😂 1st golf/mini golf video i would be happy to watch 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not to mention constantly bringing this up, on anyone's part Max or Marko doesn't really matter tbh, is horrible. This is Yuki's personal medical history that's being discussed here and it never should have been publicly announced in the first place, not to mention constantly being rehashed and made to seem like he is in the wrong for seeking help. Refusing to get mental health help when it's needed really isn't the flex that many people (like Marko and Max in this case) seem to think it is.
People have been sacked for disclosing other people's private medical information in companies, I don’t see why Marko shouldn't be especially when he announces it a massive audience. Imagine Yuki hadn't mentioned this to his family and this is the first they hear of it? Imagine if it impacts potential career opportunities for him? This goes beyond the paddock

Reactions: 15
For me it’s him publicly hoping that Daniel does badly so he gets a shot at F1. Just incredibly unsportsmanlike. And he's a very aggressive driver. Plus I kind of dont like his hair, that doesn’t really matter but I didn’t want to leave it out.
Thank you, I'll watch from a distance so

Reactions: 3
I know that this is the unpopular opinion here but I honestly don't mind him. I think that his comment about Daniel was a little rude but I also think it was a very 21 year old competitor joke to make? He did say he wasn't praying on Daniels downfall or anything and I think his comment just sounded worse in print than what he meant. This also Herta adjacent but his girlfriend posts on instagram all the time about women's rights and was campaigning for Biden in 2020 and I think it's an admirable stance to take on her (small compared to F1 wags) platform.

Reactions: 10
People have been sacked for disclosing other people's private medical information in companies, I don’t see why Marko shouldn't be especially when he announces it a massive audience. Imagine Yuki hadn't mentioned this to his family and this is the first they hear of it? Imagine if it impacts potential career opportunities for him? This goes beyond the paddock
Exactly. It's unfortunate but this whole discussion just proves how much some people look down on others getting mental health support. Working in the macho industry that he does, we can reasonably assume that this might impact how his peers see him or his future job opportunities. People can't legally use this as a reason to not hire someone in many places but now that other teams know his mental health history they might find other reasons to not take him on if he ever wants to join another team. Its sad and frustrating tbh but I just feel really bad for Yuki. Having to sit there, trying to keep it together while people talk about your health and personal life like you aren't even there. I hope some of the drivers are reaching out to him and supporting him so he knows there's nothing wrong with getting help.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.