Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, at one time literally half the England women's team was gay. I can't remember if they all ever played in the same team but you had Casey Stoney, Kelly Smith¹, Fran Kirby, Lianne Sanderson, Jordan Nobbs, Toni Duggan, etc

And this isn't counting Alex Scott and Lucy Bronze, who have never come out, but are widely rumoured to be gay.

Maybe we need a gender neutral version of "WAGs" if we are going to talk about gay men and women's footballers!

I suggest SAPs, for "Spouses and Partners" :ROFLMAO:

(Not entirely serious, obviously, but it would be kind of cool in a way, but also not, if the media covered women's football the way they cover mens).

¹Who only came out after her career.
Toni duggan is married to a man isn’t she? Pretty sure she’s quite often posting them together on Instagram

Reactions: 3
My footballing ex had some rumours that he was gay when he was in his early 20’s, he did do some photo shoots which probably didn’t help at the time 😂 After we split he went on to date a model from where he was born who he’s still with but he keeps her under wraps too, I hid away from the lifestyle it wasn’t for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My footballing ex had some rumours that he was gay when he was in his early 20’s, he did do some photo shoots which probably didn’t help at the time 😂 After we split he went on to date a model from where he was born who he’s still with but he keeps her under wraps too, I hid away from the lifestyle it wasn’t for me.
Some of the rumours make me laugh but the one I know of and the one I think but is unconfirmed. No one has any clue whatsoever which is good.

That line about the photoshoots is interesting because I see that so often with footballers when they do photoshoots or have any interest in fashion. They're immediately labelled as "sus" as men like to call it.

Reactions: 7
Some of the rumours make me laugh but the one I know of and the one I think but is unconfirmed. No one has any clue whatsoever which is good.
I’m personally not interested in who is gay and who isn’t, it shouldn’t be an issue but it is and that’s what’s sad about it. We’re all on here gossiping about wags and who’s sleeping with who but there’s (mostly) lads out there in turmoil because they’re not able to freely be who they are and be with who they want because of the tit that would come their way. I can’t see it ever changing 😕

That line about the photoshoots is interesting because I see that so often with footballers when they do photoshoots or have any interest in fashion. They're immediately labelled as "sus" as men like to call it.
Absolutely. He regretted doing it because of the crap he got after it but it shouldn’t be that way should it.

Weird family. I can’t believe it’s a coincedence so they must be either super fertile to always fall pregnant in July or have fertility treatment and they must surely all be C-sections.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
At the end of the day through my work I know of people who haven’t not been able to get access to vital MH support and taken their own lives, whether that be because of lack of access, strains or lack of money to pay privately. So I will always have more empathy for those who do not have the means.
I think we should have empathy for anyone with mental health issues, whether they be rich or poor. I take your point that some are better off and could pay for help, but it doesn't change that a number of footballers will have serious mental health problems.

Many people who present with mental health issues will often say or think something about how others have it worse. That may be true but it also doesn't change that they are still faced with their problem.

I have genuine empathy for anyone in the spotlight who has a mental health problem.

Reactions: 8
I think we should have empathy for anyone with mental health issues, whether they be rich or poor. I take your point that some are better off and could pay for help, but it doesn't change that a number of footballers will have serious mental health problems.

Many people who present with mental health issues will often say or think something about how others have it worse. That may be true but it also doesn't change that they are still faced with their problem.

I have genuine empathy for anyone in the spotlight who has a mental health problem.
Its literally the difference between life and death, being able to get help or not. It’s no worse or better being in the spotlight but access to help is different.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Most of the Arsenal women’s team are dating eachother. I wonder what that’s like when it comes to another team bidding for them🤣
Most famously Beth Mead and Danielle van der Donk, iirc.

And re Toni Duggan, I think I was mistaking her for Tash Dowie, who I don't think is out, but was "well known" to be dating a team mate at one point.

A lot of players when they finish playing are finding themselves with poor mental health. I’ve just been reading about ex-Leicester player Dean Hammond who has suffered a lot since finishing playing, he’s set up a platform to help players discuss their problems. I think the more these guys talk about it, the easier it will be. We all know how hard blokes find talking about most things and visiting GPs, I hope players will use it and find it useful.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.