Food/weird concoctions you love but everyone else hates?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread just makes me realise how normal my taste in food is

Though I live down south and everyone here considers my love for gravy and chips/porridge with salt weird 🤷‍♀️

I always have to have either pickled beetroot or red cabbage with beef stew or steak & ale pie. It just really works.

It's a North West thing apparently 🤷🏻‍♀️

Jacket potato, curry (any) and cheese. Boootiful! Kipper sandwiches dipped in a blob of salad cream is lovely too.

I've got slightly addicted to tomato puree on toast with lots of butter. I've no idea if that is wierd any more these days - I just think of it as tomato jam (which admittedly does sound a bit foul).

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I have two:
  • Before I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease (I had a stroke which seemed to bring it out; it was probably passed down genetically but was triggered from that event), I used to love dipping my McDonald's fries into my sundae - just the ice cream bit, not the syrup - for a salty and sweet treat - delicious.
  • Nowadays I love to top my gluten-free cheese scones with loads of butter, strawberry jam and whipped cream - delicious! There's that salty and sweet combination again.
People seem horrified about these preferences ...

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Digestive biscuits with grated cheddar cheese On top, bung in the microwave for 30sec

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
My husband thinks I’m weird for having bread in gravy after a meal..
Also, ready salted hula hoops dipped in malteaser chocolate spread 👌🏼

Reactions: 2