Food shop hauls?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A rainbow cake sounds complicated to me. I’m all about easy stuff. Cakes made in sheet pans in roasting pans or square tins. Texas sheet cake is easy. Sheet pan recipes in general are easy. Apple butter is quite often made in a slow cooker.

A rainbow cake sounds complicated to me. I’m all about easy stuff. Cakes made in sheet pans in roasting pans or square tins. Texas sheet cake is easy. Sheet pan recipes in general are easy. Apple butter is quite often made in a slow cooker.
Well the rainbow cake was not too good tbf I did rush as I was going away but still I have a feeling the local nursery kids could have done better :oops:

Well the rainbow cake was not too good tbf I did rush as I was going away but still I have a feeling the local nursery kids could have done better :oops:
Sorry to hear that. Next time try what I mentioned above. So easy to frost and transport and served directly out of the tin.

I watch Kate Hespe for Trader Joe hauls because it's a bleedin pain in the arse to shop in at the best of times. She keeps me up to date of the new monthly stuff to look out for so I don't have to read ten million hand written signs to find it.

I will sometimes get drawn into hauls from the UK supermarkets just to be pissed off about all the great food I can't get any more. :rolleyes:

I watch Kate Hespe for Trader Joe hauls because it's a bleedin pain in the arse to shop in at the best of times. She keeps me up to date of the new monthly stuff to look out for so I don't have to read ten million hand written signs to find it.

I will sometimes get drawn into hauls from the UK supermarkets just to be pissed off about all the great food I can't get any more. :rolleyes:
I like going to a Trader Joe’s when I go to the States. What do you miss about UK supermarkets?

I like going to a Trader Joe’s when I go to the States. What do you miss about UK supermarkets?
I miss everything about them. The choice. The quality. The prices. To me, it feels like UK supermarkets are generally on the ball and compete against each other on quality, whereas here in the US they compete on price which in turn means lower quality all over. I generally only shop in TJ's and then have to go to local co-op health food stores to get decent fruit and vegetables and meat. No point in trying to get fish unless I am close to the coast, but I'm 5 hours drive from a coastline.

I haven’t lived in the US for a long time, but many American visitors here say how much they love the supermarkets here. I used to go to farmers markets a lot when I visited California, plus TJ’s.

Do you have an ALDI or Lidl near you? I use them a lot now, as well as street and farmers markets.

Reactions: 1
No Aldi, or Lidl...sadly! Farmers markets are great but prices extortionate and only around June-Oct. Forced us into growing our own which is no bad thing!

No Aldi, or Lidl...sadly! Farmers markets are great but prices extortionate and only around June-Oct. Forced us into growing our own which is no bad thing!
oh, that’s a shame. In the ethnically diverse area of London I live in it’s so easy to find inexpensive food inc 3 packs of pita bread for £1 and bowls of fruit and vegetables for the same price. Supermarket prices have gone up a lot though, since the Brexit vote. Example, butter in Lidl was 85 pence, now £1.40, but still a lot cheaper than most supermarkets where it’s £2 average for 250g

Interesting. Halfway decent butter to match UK quality from TJ is $3.20 for 250g. I miss London food markets, for sure!

Jamerill Stewart is another large family cooking/food haul channel. 10/10 you will be shocked at the amount of cheese and Halo Top.
I’m now following Jamerrill Stewart! 😁 she is soooo organised with the batch cooking?!?! 😮 her freezer is like a factory 🤣 love these American food hauls 😆

She’s a freezer meal lover, does freezer sandwiches as well. It’s insane if you watch her cooking videos when she makes freezer meal, the sheer amount she makes. It staggers me.
Just looked at her Insta page. She has a lot of children, 7? , Homeschools and is religious. 😬😳

Last edited:
I have no idea what video I clicked on in the past to feed into the youtube algorithm for large, American, heart attack and diabetes inducing food hauls to show up on my recommends but Jamerrill Stewart with THAT voice and her frozen sandwiches :) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) wouldn't piss off no matter how many times I dismiss the videos or ignore them :ROFLMAO: I honestly thought Jamerril Stweart was parodying someone when I first started watching, but that's actually her. I started watching them again recently just because youtube kept shoving them in my face and now I'm forever going to be trapped in that algorithm.

Also, seriously, how can these large food haul people get away with eating all that processed junk and not be laid up in the hospital with some serious health conditions? I saw recently Jamerrill try to say it's ok to eat all that stuff because she does a healthy food shop of fruit or veg every few weeks, as if eating fruit/veg occasionally cancels out the weeks of processed tit. I feel so bad for her poor kids and their soggy frozen sandwiches.

Jamerrill Stewart looks like Rebel Wilson, esp. when she had the bleached blonde hair.

Reactions: 3
Jamerill Stewart just feeds her family crap. So much saturated fat from cheese and crap she bulks meals out with.

She gobs on about something called "Trim Healthy Momma" which i assume is some diet plan, but then openly admits to regularly eating an entire tub of Halo Top for breakfast or lunch.

I am jealous of Sharp Shopper though, she does get some good bargains there.

Reactions: 2
I’ve no idea what Halo Top is.
Halo Top is a “healthy” ice cream that is low calorie, fairly low sugar, high protein. Is the new trendy ice cream brand. Costs a fortune, it’s Ben and Jerry price range.

Eating a whole tub for a meal is never going to be great for her, no matter that it is healthy ice cream.