Food & Drink #9 Vlad likes traazers on a bird

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah maybe, I do get invited when it’s a girls thing or a big group thing so I suppose they’re entitled to have other times where it’s just couples. Think it’s cos I thought yesterday when they announced we were going to lockdown again oh I should maybe see if they want to come for coffee at the weekend and then saw they’re doing this. It really is pathetic ha and I’m a proper lone wolf and they know that I like to be alone, so it’s daftness really x

🔼 but it’s probably more to do with my ex’s imminent re-marriage and feeling lonely relationship wise than them anyway
If your ex is an ex he isn't worth considering, pity his new partner I would say. don't view your lone wolf status as a negative, 100% positive. I usually have the same issue at new year's and just make myself a greta diner, wine etc and anjoy being alone :)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This has fired a determination in me to host an F&D cabal BBQ when the pandemic is over! Can’t decide whether it should be genuinely nice with hammocks (will need to get a much bigger house and garden, bear with), and a gorgeous array of gently charred veggie and meat options, rounded off with a fuckton of gorgeous booze and mocktails. Or whether I should go for the rather charming @emm‘s suggestion of a JM theme.

Hotdogs from a jar, shaken with kombucha. Served with onions cooked over cold coals.
Chippy chips, frozen - unloved and misunderstood, plonked on your plate.
Leftover horse spunk lasagne cooked into a pie (as suggested on DKL) and - here comes the maverick - carved into slices, chargrilled on the cold coals and drizzled with hot sauce.
Kombucha and old teabag punch - it sounds ridiculous but that tannin kick makes it taste just like sangria!

Vote for your choice on my Twitter poll. In keeping with the JM theme, I’ll totally ignore the results and do whatever maverick tit I fancy on the day.
you are missing a microwaved pasta (or something else offensive to a good culinary tradition, but otherwise you are there :LOL:P

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If your ex is an ex he isn't worth considering, pity his new partner I would say. don't view your lone wolf status as a negative, 100% positive. I usually have the same issue at new year's and just make myself a greta diner, wine etc and anjoy being alone :)
It’s not that I’m jealous of her or want him he does my head in, more that they’re a little family with my daughter. Dunno just weird innit, I am used to it I think this year it’s been useful that I like being alone and I’ve often thought it’s much better than being stuck in lockdown with someone you can’t stand.
🤣😂🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This has fired a determination in me to host an F&D cabal BBQ when the pandemic is over! Can’t decide whether it should be genuinely nice with hammocks (will need to get a much bigger house and garden, bear with), and a gorgeous array of gently charred veggie and meat options, rounded off with a fuckton of gorgeous booze and mocktails. Or whether I should go for the rather charming @emm‘s suggestion of a JM theme.

Hotdogs from a jar, shaken with kombucha. Served with onions cooked over cold coals.
Leftover horse spunk lasagne cooked into a pie (as suggested on DKL) and - here comes the maverick - carved into slices, chargrilled on the cold coals and drizzled with hot sauce.
Kombucha and old teabag punch - it sounds ridiculous but that tannin kick makes it taste just like sangria!

Vote for your choice on my Twitter poll. In keeping with the JM theme, I’ll totally ignore the results and do whatever maverick tit I fancy on the day.
‘Cooked over cold coals’ 😂😂 lol I love you, bookweevil! I’ll come, but please can I request tepid coals as I’m a delicate princess?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s not that I’m jealous of her or want him he does my head in, more that they’re a little family with my daughter. Dunno just weird innit, I am used to it I think this year it’s been useful that I like being alone and I’ve often thought it’s much better than being stuck in lockdown with someone you can’t stand.

🤣😂🤣
totally understand if they are with your daughter that must be difficult. but as you say, thank god you haven;t beenin lockdown with someone you siddently realised you didn't want to be with!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
‘Cooked over cold coals’ 😂😂 lol I love you, bookweevil! I’ll come, but please can I request tepid coals as I’m a delicate princess?
As you wish.

I will display one of JM’s sideboard thot shots in full view of the coals - that will definitely get ‘something simmering’.

Seriously, how awesome would a cabal BBQ be?❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21

I’ll bring some stuffed vine leaves that I very definitely made myself with uniform precision. But is it ok if I leave my nutribullet with you? can’t really be bothered to carry it home again.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
[QUOTE="Pocahontas, post: 2413160, member:]

Re soda streams, I reaallllly want one too - I love bubbles on my tongue. This reminds me of one of my favourite videos on YouTube. I love this woman.

@emm I have an orange cat! Well, orange and white.
[/QUOTE]
Amazing! That settles it. I'm getting a soda stream. Fizzy water and 'champagne' out of a box. All my dreams are coming true.

Update: have skipped toast and gone for wine. Was the right choice.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
totally understand if they are with your daughter that must be difficult. but as you say, thank god you haven;t beenin lockdown with someone you siddently realised you didn't want to be with!
I kind of feel sad that I won’t see my daughter being a bridesmaid, and like I’ll be sitting at home while they’re doing that and feeling weird so am dreading it. But yeah lockdown has defo been harder for people in bad relationships than me. I appreciate your support, all of you- again! Am v needy 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This is such a lovely friendly spot ❤ Echoing what others have said @Alansbigplate that your pals’ loss is the cabal’s gain tonight. Bet they’re having right dull conversation.

I’ll be at the hausfraus’ BBQ with bells on, probably loitering near the potato salad that was definitely homemade and definitely not from Waitrose thankyou very much 🙃

• Heart
I do, I’m a lone wolf but I’m a hugger ♥

im up and down more than Jack lately
well this is me giving you a hug. 🥴 I need your photoshop skills though! this has taken me far too long!
20200919_225604.jpg
but yeah I love hugs too. in real life in normal times I wish you all of the hugs 🥰
eta they're meant to be arms!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I feel a bit pathetic at my age to be upset but some of my friends have posted photos and they’re having a nice old bbq together before lockdown comes back. I rarely get invites because they’re couples and I’m not usually bothered. Think it’s because of lockdown, they’d know I won’t see anyone again for a while 😔
Omg that’s awful. Sometimes just been invited is nice. I hate it when people get left out, I would definitely invite you if I had a bbq (I’d invite you all)

My husband would be banned for the day, we’re a bit strange (apparently) we have completely separate friendship groups we could never have one of these coupley nights. It’s be a disaster.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I kind of feel sad that I won’t see my daughter being a bridesmaid, and like I’ll be sitting at home while they’re doing that and feeling weird so am dreading it. But yeah lockdown has defo been harder for people in bad relationships than me. I appreciate your support, all of you- again! Am v needy 😂
Let’s have a Cabal Massive Knees-Up on that very day! I‘m thinking... a live Frau-along of The Princess Bride, a slideshow of @crystaleyesd’s outstanding socks, tepid hotdogs all round and a uniform of purple shimmering ‘black eyes’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Let’s have a Cabal Massive Knees-Up on that very day! I‘m thinking... a live Frau-along of The Princess Bride, a slideshow of @crystaleyesd’s outstanding socks, tepid hotdogs all round and a uniform of purple shimmering ‘black eyes’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have had a smidge (a bottle) of wine but god I love this thread- I don’t really have real life friends because of shite school days and general flakiness and I do like to chat to you all and have a glimpse into a little crowd to be amongst 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 27
😂 we might not have time to put such a shebang together, it’s a week today but this sounds amazing. I really hope we get to better days and can actually have a meet up that would be alotta fun

ETA I thought it was Friday today when I wrote that so yeah, Friday eurgh

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.