Food & Drink #8 I like ALL the things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re generally a peaceable bunch if they smell a particular way 😂
By the way, I bought my big-time sci-fi loving friend the ‘We’ book for his birthday, hoping he hadn’t read it, and he hasn’t - yippee! It was a triumph as usually he tells ME about the obscure but respected sci-fi novels, so I felt like I had scored a respect point 🤣 so thank you!
omg a brave birthday gift choice but yay! Then you can ask to borrow it off him too 😉 the perfect present!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My handwriting is - and has always been - awful. At primary school we weren’t allowed to use pen until we could write properly and neatly in pencil. They had to give up on me in the end because I was about to move to secondary school and was still chugging away with an HB🤣 Like your son, I found writing in capitals much easier than cursive and got quite frustrated. But guess what? I grew up to be a professional writer innit 🥳 He sounds like a confident reader, which is great, and I’m sure you’ll help him find a way through this cursive writing bollocks - who writes longhand these days anyway?!
I have to say, I love writing longhand. I started using the bullet journal system two years ago, so I write a lot anyway for that (I don't have one of the really arty ones, it's just a squared A5 Pukka pad and a biro!), but I also have my grandfather's Parker 51 fountain pen, which is just wonderful to write with. I'm the secretary for our village hall and the meeting minutes book goes back to 1978, so as well as typing up the minutes and emailing them round the committee, I also copy them by hand into the book. Actually, you've reminded me, I need to send the pen off for a service, it's been a few years - after I dropped it on its nib a few years ago, I discovered The Battersea Pen Home https://www.penhome.co.uk/ which does repairs and maintenance on vintage pens. Just knowing that businesses like that can still exist in a world of technology does make me happy (middle-aged gimmer that I am).

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@MooBelle how did you get on with sourcing a test? Any joy?
Morning. No, nothing!!!
Lost the will at about 10pm after nearly 12 hours of trying. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
I emailed and tweeted my MP but lord knows if that will help!!
Feel slightly better by watching morning news and seeing that the whole country is in same boat! Starting to consider private test but no clue how to go about it.
So annoying. I am 100% certain it isn't Covid and whole house is now back to lockdown.

Thanks for asking though xxx

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Imagine the bemused Judge having this photo described!

Good morning fraus. ❤ to all who need it.
"Cooper is wearing a suit and appears to have a small human body. He looks into Putin's face, seems pretty fucked off tbh. Think he's had about enough."

"Erm, apologies your honour but if I may interject. Fantastic though the skills are, this is merely a photoshopped image."

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I am having a pre op assessment /ortho appointment soon. Apparently the Covid test is included which is handy, and so is the ortho op. :LOL:
I am practising opening my nasal passages/sinuses in preparation.😳 Its not as easy to hide as pelvic floor exercises. 😬 :LOL:
Am super behind (2 pages - how?!) so not sure if anyone’s told you yet but honestly don’t worry about it, it doesn’t hurt and tbh you can’t prepare for it 😂 The throat one will trigger your gag reflex, I wasn’t at all scared but was so surprised my tongue kept batting it away! I had to hold it down in the end, they offered to get the clamp but I thought that’d be more traumatic. They let me do nose myself so if you are worried maybe ask for that? Not sure if mine was nicer than the car park ones I see on TV as it was part of my pre c section check list so I got it done by a midwife I knew?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Am super behind (2 pages - how?!) so not sure if anyone’s told you yet but honestly don’t worry about it, it doesn’t hurt and tbh you can’t prepare for it 😂 The throat one will trigger your gag reflex, I wasn’t at all scared but was so surprised my tongue kept batting it away! I had to hold it down in the end, they offered to get the clamp but I thought that’d be more traumatic. They let me do nose myself so if you are worried maybe ask for that? Not sure if mine was nicer than the car park ones I see on TV as it was part of my pre c section check list so I got it done by a midwife I knew?
I had mine done in a car park and it was honestly fine! It definitely triggered my gag reflex but there was no pain and tbh I've had much more discomfort from other things triggering my gag reflex (😶). I just had to open my mouth wide, they didn't do a nose one. Got my results back in less than 24 hours too... but this was 3/4 weeks ago. It's awful how much it's fallen apart since 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I had mine done in a car park and it was honestly fine! It definitely triggered my gag reflex but there was no pain and tbh I've had much more discomfort from other things triggering my gag reflex (😶). I just had to open my mouth wide, they didn't do a nose one. Got my results back in less than 24 hours too... but this was 3/4 weeks ago. It's awful how much it's fallen apart since 😕
Sorry, I’m laughing at the gag reflex comment rather than the recognition of the depleted test system.

@MooBelle excellent news!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
That's fab news! They really need to sort this out though, it's not sustainable.
From what I've seen I really think it will grind us to a halt, much worse than before.
It isn't the virus itself, just the waiting. Teachers, NHS, Police etc can't go to work whilst waiting for the test or the results. They really need to sort it and quickly x

Reactions: 15
From what I've seen I really think it will grind us to a halt, much worse than before.
It isn't the virus itself, just the waiting. Teachers, NHS, Police etc can't go to work whilst waiting for the test or the results. They really need to sort it and quickly x
And there's so many people that can't afford to miss even a day's pay as their budgets are so tight ☹. Really makes me worried for some.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I was only jesting, there's not much medically that phases me tbh. I have alot of head to toe experience. You saying your tongue kept batting it away brought to mind Rachel slapping Joey when he touches her thigh. :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I was just clearing out my junk email folder and nearly fell off my bed. View attachment 243793
So that’s -

Trousers, Terrible, Hoot, and many many more words that are forever linked to here in my head.
Haha I've downloaded audible and used one of my free credits for this weird sci fi book. I tit you not one of the characters says "don't triangulate" at one point and my mind went straight here 😄

Just because I already had the Cooper sticker...

View attachment 243888
Putin has a man (well, a 50% cat) on the inside!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can I ask you all a question, more of a short survey, it’s obligatory is it not to have a second breakfast when working from home?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Can I ask you all a question, more of a short survey, it’s obligatory is it not to have a second breakfast when working from home?
Yes, absolutely x

I mean, if you're feeling FANCY you can even call it elevenses! I had a slice of victoria sponge as a second breakfast today and I have 0 regrets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes, absolutely x

I mean, if you're feeling FANCY you can even call it elevenses! I had a slice of victoria sponge as a second breakfast today and I have 0 regrets.
I once temped at Marks and Spencer, in their head office (Baker Street) and they gave the staff, including temps, breakfast, elevenses, lunch, tea and dinner in a separate building. I didn’t usually avail myself of breakfast or dinner but definitely the other three. It was all mostly M&S food, of course, esp the elevenses and the tea offerings. 🥰🥳

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Tbf I do this whether I'm wfh or not 😂 - I don't know who it is that finds coffee to be an appetite suppressant, cos it makes me absolutely *ravenous*, and I only have one cup a day!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.