Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The crisp stuff is still flying way over my head!

Afraid I don't feel the fox love though, my village loses far too many lambs to the buggers. They'll come into the fields right next to the houses and pick them off, even with fox lights on or radios playing.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I bloody love your mum 😂 those foxes sound like they're onto a good thing there!
The foxes near me are all really well fed too, and don’t look at all mangy or anything, I don’t remember this being the case when I was a child, lots of people must be feeding them roast chicken 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
@Raker Thank you so much or should that be thankyou a la Jackie.

That's really helpful. My parents have relatives that can visit now so they're not completely on their own.
I'm still very cautious and wasn't sure how the airports were.
Hope you have a good/successful visit.

Just to clarify, 99.9% of the crisps chat was about actual crisps!
Phew!

Was starting to get the fear that it had all gone over my head and there was me wittering about crisps while the rest of you were going what???!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
My mum has a family of foxes living behind her sheds at the bottom of the garden and she feeds them every night. Mum, dad and three babies. She also has a badger that comes into the garden at night.

I have squirrels and birds in the garden but also have a feisty moggy so need to be wary when I let her outside!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Our resident squirrels are little sods for stealing the birds food. They'll sit there stealing peanuts while I'm watching and then eat them while staring me down! They don't care at all!

Funny fox story - years ago when I lived in town, my ex was in the front room of our flat and had the courtyard door open in the evening as it was hot. A fox ran in and stole one of his trainers! He never did find it (he was horrible so 😂😂).
I've just read an article from the BBC news about a fox in Berlin which had a shoe fetish and had stolen hundreds of shoes. It was found with a pair of flip flops in its mouth.
Re. food, I've just chomped through a punnet of black seedless grapes without realising and am going to have a bleeping humdinger of a churning belly soon 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I live in a foxy area, have had a set of baby foxes playing in the garden this year <3 They're big now but still come to play/wind up next door's dog and I leave water out for them. Under no circumstance must any fun things like shoes or gloves be left outside as they'll be whisked away asap :LOL:

• Heart
Ohhh that's reminded me of something really funny. In my brother's village, they have a Facebook page for info. Someone put on there about their kid's wellies being stolen from their doorstep. They were so angry (I would be too). A neighbour checked their cctv and it was a bloody fox 🤣🤣🤣 Why do they love shoes so much?!

I'm really tempted to leave an old shoe out tonight, just for the comedy. I could share the theft on here! 🦊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Wise Fraus, my courgettes are just about to hit their peak, any inspiring things I can do with them? It isn't something we really ever eat but I grow them as they're usually successful. They just end up ribboned in a stir fry at the mo.

Reactions: 11
Wise Fraus, my courgettes are just about to hit their peak, any inspiring things I can do with them? It isn't something we really ever eat but I grow them as they're usually successful. They just end up ribboned in a stir fry at the mo.
I like to use latticed ribboned courgettes as extra layers in a lasagne.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think to identify them (or, indeed, to care) you have to be both a. Scottish and b. up on Scottish football 'culture'.
I will need to head to the mother thread as I am a) Scottish b) up on Scottish footy culture and c) a nosey biatch!

I hate horror films, but on Pocahontas’ recommendation I watched Midsommar and loved it. Not for me Saw or IT, no sirree Bob.

We are lucky our garden backs onto the river so get ducks, squirrels and foxes in the garden. One night we saw a badger on the opposite bank, couldn’t believe it! My dog doesn’t bother at all and just sits and looks at the mad squirrels that steal fruit from our pear tree 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I made a really lovely pan seared salmon with mash and sauteed leeks and courgette the other day - was absolutely delicious and I really impressed myself which is a bit sad 😂

Reactions: 9
The crisps aren't particularly 'suspect', as such - I'm generally not in the mood for them, personally speaking, but I accept that tastebuds are subjective.
hey, hold on, are there crisp crumbs in my Toad Coffee? <confused>🐸 ☕

I don’t really like the new Mother Thread, the vibe has changed, no matter what chaos HelloJackie throws at the world. I’m happy to stay here and read @Pocahontas ’s amazing recaps. @Bookweevil ’s glossary is a work of genius!

But on to much more pleasant things — potential courgette uses should definitely include this which I made last week (used double the amount of feta and a load of sweet corn too)

also, I’d probably experiment with courgette & Parmesan fries. Don’t have a recipe I can recommend, but I’m sure if you poke lovely @Flumps when she’s back she’ll have some advice

And thanks @BananaSmith, I’ve just treated myself to a wee run to Dunnes to break up the old age unpleasantness 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 20
hey, hold on, are there crisp crumbs in my Toad Coffee? <confused>🐸 ☕

I don’t really like the new Mother Thread, the vibe has changed, no matter what chaos HelloJackie throws at the world. I’m happy to stay here and read @Pocahontas ’s amazing recaps. @Bookweevil ’s glossary is a work of genius!

But on to much more pleasant things — potential courgette uses should definitely include this which I made last week (used double the amount of feta and a load of sweet corn too)

also, I’d probably experiment with courgette & Parmesan fries. Don’t have a recipe I can recommend, but I’m sure if you poke lovely @Flumps when she’s back she’ll have some advice

And thanks @BananaSmith, I’ve just treated myself to a wee run to Dunnes to break up the old age unpleasantness 🤣
Ooh I have all of those ingredients aside from dill (can't stand it!)

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.