Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The daughter stuff - I have a mid teen and already finding it a nightmare. She’s big on top, wide hips, and carrying a little extra. How to navigate the issue of trying to stay healthy and fit but without making a big thing about size and body image is tough! Feel like no matter what I do it will either not be enough/too much and I’ll be responsible for years of therapy ahead!

I’m not generally bothered by much, but I did find some of the tit comments on the other thread last night a bit 🤨 and presume they’re either written by very young, pert females or by a certain type of male! If JM’s boobs are failing the tit test then I guess about 90% of women should just give up now?🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
We haven't seen any for years ☹. Not even unfortunate ones on roads, which suggests to me there's a low population here. No idea why, I would have thought it would be a bit of a haven for them, we get so much other wildlife. I would try and put food out to see if they come nose about, but knowing my luck I'd just end up with rats 😂
I haven't seen one for years either, and it if wasn't for the cameras I would not have known. Maybe you do get them 🤞🏻 I was a bit scared about feeding the animals in case rats came but so far it's only cute animals coming.

@emm Yes! I get so scared when people hand feed squirrels. I wish they wouldn't too because it encourages them to become bold and then they start robbing people having picnics. My friend's little boy got scratched by a squirrel during a picnic and had to have antibiotics and a tetanus booster 😳

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I have literally seen 1 hedgehog in my whole life, about 25 years ago, foxes and squirrels everywhere though. Does anyone else feel nervous when they see tourists feeding squirrels from their hands ? As children we were always told to stay well away as they are vicious and full of disease
When I was little there was a park near us that had loads of squirrels and people would buy giant bags of peanuts to feed them with! They were very tame, which probably isn't good for wild animals looking back on it. They didn't eat out of people's hands though, you threw the nuts towards them and they'd go pick them up, but they'd get pretty close

Reactions: 7
The daughter stuff - I have a mid teen and already finding it a nightmare. She’s big on top, wide hips, and carrying a little extra. How to navigate the issue of trying to stay healthy and fit but without making a big thing about size and body image is tough! Feel like no matter what I do it will either not be enough/too much and I’ll be responsible for years of therapy ahead!

I’m not generally bothered by much, but I did find some of the tit comments on the other thread last night a bit 🤨 and presume they’re either written by very young, pert females or by a certain type of male! If JM’s boobs are failing the tit test then I guess about 90% of women should just give up now?🙄
Yeah the body comments can be savage. Some ive read on other threads have made me wince. Its just too cruel. If i tried to wear a bikini top like JM, id have to pick my boobs up and theyd be folded over 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Yeah the body comments can be savage. Some ive read on other threads have made me wince. Its just too cruel. If i tried to wear a bikini top like JM, id have to pick my boobs up and theyd be folded over 😂
Babe, same 🤣🤣

I think for me I just dont think of JM in a remotely sexy way when we've been subjected to all her shite so getting such a front row view of her boobs was very off-putting.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When I was little there was a park near us that had loads of squirrels and people would buy giant bags of peanuts to feed them with! They were very tame, which probably isn't good for wild animals looking back on it. They didn't eat out of people's hands though, you threw the nuts towards them and they'd go pick them up, but they'd get pretty close
I think that’s fine, for me it is eating out of your hands which is risky . Has any9e noticed how tame foxes are now ? I remember being young and them running away from humans / only appearing at night, now even in the day when I occasionally walk my parents dog they don’t seem scared

Reactions: 9
Babe, same 🤣🤣

I think for me I just dont think of JM in a remotely sexy way when we've been subjected to all her shite so getting such a front row view of her boobs was very off-putting.
Yeah, it's amazing how having a crappy personality can make even the prettiest person wholly unattractive.
ETA: this sounds snarky but I mean it genuinely!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I hated horror as a child/teen/20 something. The Blair Witch Project was my first attempt at trying something when it first came out in my teens, was a while before I tried anything again 😄

First memory of anything ‘horror’ was in single digits when the Michael Jackson Thriller vid came out. I accidentally caught a glimpse of it and it terrorised the rest of my childhood!

Less squeamish with it all these days. Currently trying Supernatural because forearmed men 14 seasons! Only on S1. ep 6 so far because ep 2 ‘Bloody Mary’ (think Candyman utterings in mirrors) kept me awake all night thanks to mirror opposite my bedroom door 😂😂😂 So now I’m pacing. Watching in daylight, middle of day, ‘good’ days only.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Our resident squirrels are little sods for stealing the birds food. They'll sit there stealing peanuts while I'm watching and then eat them while staring me down! They don't care at all!

Funny fox story - years ago when I lived in town, my ex was in the front room of our flat and had the courtyard door open in the evening as it was hot. A fox ran in and stole one of his trainers! He never did find it (he was horrible so 😂😂).

• Haha
Reactions: 19
babe, same x

I’ve accepted my lot. They keep my stomach warm in winter pits at night. But only the very secure (or (some) men) would judge another woman’s breasts like that? Tits are like pears. They have a very small window of ‘perfection’*.

*whatever that is for each individual tit.

I’m not talking about the DD/Allegra type comments by the way. More the appearance/shape of them.

And yes, I personally don’t want to see them either way. Agree with all the ick comments.

Reactions: 14
Our resident squirrels are little sods for stealing the birds food. They'll sit there stealing peanuts while I'm watching and then eat them while staring me down! They don't care at all!

Funny fox story - years ago when I lived in town, my ex was in the front room of our flat and had the courtyard door open in the evening as it was hot. A fox ran in and stole one of his trainers! He never did find it (he was horrible so 😂😂).
Of all the things to steal 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think that’s fine, for me it is eating out of your hands which is risky . Has any9e noticed how tame foxes are now ? I remember being young and them running away from humans / only appearing at night, now even in the day when I occasionally walk my parents dog they don’t seem scared
Some of them are quite tame in Edinburgh now. Occasionally walking down Leith at night I've see a fox wandering along in the opposite direction. They don't bother running away when you get close by, they just keep walking. And some of them know to look both ways before crossing the road, you can see them doing it!

I hated horror as a child/teen/20 something. The Blair Witch Project was my first attempt at trying something when it first came out in my teens, was a while before I tried anything again 😄

First memory of anything ‘horror’ was in single digits when the Michael Jackson Thriller vid came out. I accidentally caught a glimpse of it and it terrorised the rest of my childhood!

Less squeamish with it all these days. Currently trying Supernatural because forearmed men 14 seasons! Only on S1. ep 6 so far because ep 2 ‘Bloody Mary’ (think Candyman utterings in mirrors) kept me awake all night thanks to mirror opposite my bedroom door 😂😂😂 So now I’m pacing. Watching in daylight, middle of day, ‘good’ days only.
I'm a wreck with horror too. Whenever anyone wants to watch a horror film I have to read the whole Wikipedia plot summary first so I know exactly what will happen when and I'm not surprised.

Supernatural is good for the first few series but then it goes downhill in quality for the last few. Imo they kept it going for far too long because it has a cult following, they should've finished the show strong a few seasons earlier rather than having it limp on a bit towards the end

Reactions: 6
Some of them are quite tame in Edinburgh now. Occasionally walking down Leith at night I've see a fox wandering along in the opposite direction. They don't bother running away when you get close by, they just keep walking. And some of them know to look both ways before crossing the road, you can see them doing it!
I've seen a fox crossing at the lights on Sauchiehall Street before, at half 5 in the morning!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I've seen a fox crossing at the lights on Sauchiehall Street before, at half 5 in the morning!
They're so clever! I know a lot of people think they're pests but I do love them. I used to live in Leith last year and one would and sit in the garden of our block at night, not bothering anyone just sitting there under the lights. I loved him, was a bit sad to leave him tbh. No foxes in my new area so far but like I say, so many squirrels!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They're so clever! I know a lot of people think they're pests but I do love them. I used to live in Leith last year and one would and sit in the garden of our block at night, not bothering anyone just sitting there under the lights. I loved him, was a bit sad to leave him tbh. No foxes in my new area so far but like I say, so many squirrels!
My mum's absolutely mad about them, she feeds them every night - since lockdown she's actually out of control, going down to the bushes outside her flat 3 times a night with warm sausages (or sometimes she roasts them a chicken) for 3 different dinner services, because different foxes come at different times.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
My mum's absolutely mad about them, she feeds them every night - since lockdown she's actually out of control, going down to the bushes outside her flat 3 times a night with warm sausages (or sometimes she roasts them a chicken) for 3 different dinner services, because different foxes come at different times.
I bloody love your mum 😂 those foxes sound like they're onto a good thing there!

• Heart
They’re so beautiful like a perfect mix of cat and dog

She’ll be inviting them. Into the house next 😂 I don’t even feed my cat that well 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.