Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think they’ve done it by accident?
they keep him outdoors, but they work early in the morning so when they first got him at the beginning of lockdown he often barked from about 5am through to 4pm then he got used to life. I think the issue is they’ve been away in Poland for a few weeks and he’s back and alone in the garden and he’s struggling to adjust.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Oh thanks, she's fucked me off something rotten today, going to have to have an early night before I get too obsessional (lol probs too late tbh). I actually really resent the fact that someone on social media can affect me to this extent so I am going to try to chill the duck out and remind myself of good things x

I adore Liz Fraser’s voice ❤

Reactions: 6
they keep him outdoors, but they work early in the morning so when they first got him at the beginning of lockdown he often barked from about 5am through to 4pm then he got used to life. I think the issue is they’ve been away in Poland for a few weeks and he’s back and alone in the garden and he’s struggling to adjust.
Oh bless him. Neighbour situations are so awkward, yikes. Especially with a language barrier. The RSPCA have a 24hr virtual assistant, maybe they could help?

Reactions: 11
what the fuckkk! I'd call your local vet's to ask, there are 24/7 vets who may be able to put you in touch with a rescue charity or something who can do a welfare check on the dog? Or they may even come out?

Wtf are they playing at though, you can't leave a dog outside in this heat, the sun comes up from early and what if there's no shade / how is he getting fresh water and food?! That's absolutely horrific, he's lucky he has you to look out for him! x
thank you for this suggestion lovely. Just called an emergency vet and awaiting a call back. 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Update on the dog situation.

the vet was very lovely but isn’t allowed to come out and take him. suggested we call the RSPCA, which we have done but they will only take our call if it’s an imminent threat to life.
Ugh! 😭

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

the vet was very lovely but isn’t allowed to come out and take him. suggested we call the RSPCA, which we have done but they will only take our call if it’s an imminent threat to life.
Ugh! 😭
Oh this is sad. Is there anyway the dog can "escape" (with a bit of help)?

Reactions: 4
Can you bring the dog into yours?
Yep. Husband has broken through the back gate and now in the garden with him while I frantically tidy up and remove all shoes and Lego. He’s a springer, only about 6 months old. 😬 hope the neighbours don’t hate me.

What have I let myself in for? Peace, pray peace for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yep. Husband has broken through the back gate and now in the garden with him while I frantically tidy up and remove all shoes and Lego. He’s a springer, only about 6 months old. 😬 hope the neighbours don’t hate me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Ugh! 😭
Have you got a local facebook group? We have a community group that helps with missing pets, I know they have chip scanners etc so they can get contact details too, and they foster strays and rehome them. I'd try and see if anyone from one of those can help where the vets/RSPCA can't?

The problem is you don't know if the dog will be in distress so could bite, and it's too risky with you having kids in the house so it's a terrible situation.

omg sorry missed this, your husband's fab! x

Reactions: 10
Let’s hope it all goes well. 😬 Just waiting for the knock at the door and the awkwardness tomorrow will bring.
That is so the right thing you’ve done, they have no right to be angry with you, it sounds very cruel what they were doing leaving it x

Reactions: 10

You've done the right thing. ♥

Why do the worst people always get pets? ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The problem is you don't know if the dog will be in distress so could bite, and it's too risky with you having kids in the house so it's a terrible situation.
This was 100% my concern, but there’s no option with the vet or the rspca and no other neighbours with lights on to pass it off to, which was my first and second plan.

I got irritated and left our town Facebook group because of all the Covid moaning. 🤦🏼‍♀️

It’s a shame that the pet situation has to be super extreme before they will act but I guess it’s due to being overstretched.

@AdultHumanFemale
The neighbours seem ok from the little we know, I don’t think it’s a cruelty thing just different culture maybe. I don’t really know. I personally would never be ok with keeping a dog outside or left alone all day. They shouldn’t have committed to him, they’re not well suited, he needs more space and attention.

anyway, he seems to be ok, friendly, very alert and fidgety. Hoping he will chill out and sleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@Saint_clemmie you and your husband are the best <3 Hope all goes as well as can be the rest of tonight/when they eventually show up again. I wish people wouldn't buy working breed dogs to keep them at home 24/7, and wish there was a way of regulating pets full stop tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This was 100% my concern, but there’s no option with the vet or the rspca and no other neighbours with lights on to pass it off to, which was my first and second plan.

I got irritated and left our town Facebook group because of all the Covid moaning. 🤦🏼‍♀️

It’s a shame that the pet situation has to be super extreme before they will act but I guess it’s due to being overstretched.

@AdultHumanFemale
The neighbours seem ok from the little we know, I don’t think it’s a cruelty thing just different culture maybe. I don’t really know. I personally would never be ok with keeping a dog outside or left alone all day. They shouldn’t have committed to him, they’re not well suited, he needs more space and attention.

anyway, he seems to be ok, friendly, very alert and fidgety. Hoping he will chill out and sleep.
I think it must be a different culture thing. My old neighbors were from the Philippines. Both really lovely people, not the cruel type at all but they bought 2 Rottweilers and kept them outside in their tiny back garden. They showed the dogs a lot of love but someone reported them and they were taken away.
Now years later they have a Labrador who is kept indoors and they dote on her.
For some cultures it’s the done thing, like keeping rabbits in a hutch.
Personally i wouldn’t do it, but if the dog has shelter, food and water and is walked and cared for and isn’t barking all the time then I guess there’s nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.