Food & Drink #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fraus. Jai drinkez tout les booze. My bed is TOO BIG for my small little face so I bought le water et les sticks chocolat to keep me company. Pray for mon hangover.

DSC_0016.JPG

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
@Alansbigplate you mentioned in the previous thread about easy recipes. I had quite some time when through various reasons I'd stopped cooking for myself. One reason was because of low energy and mood I did not want to deal with the mess and washing up.

One thing that helped me was getting one (and later another) of these

Amazon product

I found various microwave meals for one online. I've done mushroom risotto, French onion soup, 'stir fried' chinese noodles and lots more. Other thing that helped was having pre prepared veg such as sliced onions, soffrito mix and mushrooms in the freezer so I could just use what I needed. Frozen herbs that you could just take a pinch of added extra zing.

It's also very handy to be able to eat out of the cooking vessel!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't have much time for Myers-Briggs but did it anyway, and was amused to get ENTP (The Debater) because I used to do competitive debating way back at university and was actually really good at it!

Jack thread has become a mix of people arguing over random tit, obsessively bringing up the same nonsense, and doing the Mumsnet thing of not reading any old posts ("doesn't Jack live with her girlfriend Louisa?"). It's sad...I found Jack's horse spunk lasagne and grated corned beef a real highlight of a very difficult lockdown, but I honestly couldn't give a flying duck if she has lip fillers or not.

ETA: love Sistema lunchboxes/microwave containers etc. They're great!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Breakfast time, soy yogurt, bananas and pomegranate. I have to say I am so thankful to Flumps and other people here encouraging one to eat nice things.
It is an uphill exhausting battle for me. I do feel so much better afterwards,thank you so much
operation pomegranate 0061.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Other thing that helped was having pre prepared veg such as sliced onions, soffrito mix and mushrooms in the freezer so I could just use what I needed.
Oooo, I was actually thinking about this yesterday, whether you could freeze soffritto mix, because I'm planning on making pea and ham soup later (got a yellow sticker ham hock and I love a bit of pea and ham). I bought a whole celery thingie and whenever I do that I use one stick of it and the rest goes to waste, so it's good to know I can freeze it and portion it up for other things! This always happens when I'm trying to clear out my freezer though - I somehow manage just to add to it (no doubt at least half the pea and ham soup will end up there too).

Morning everyone, btw! I slept until almost 8am which I'm counting as a win.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
My spidey senses are tingling on the mother thread (love that name for it btw)
Sorry for full on having a footstamp on the mother thread, I literally couldnā€™t look at it any more given what we know? I think now the whole thing has been blown wide open thereā€™s another wave of the same people or similar trying to faux naive their way in to get a nasty ol foothold again.

Good morning fraus, looking forward to brekkos rolling in! Especially the hungover patisserie fair from our french connection ā˜ŗ

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Oooo, I was actually thinking about this yesterday, whether you could freeze soffritto mix, because I'm planning on making pea and ham soup later (got a yellow sticker ham hock and I love a bit of pea and ham). I bought a whole celery thingie and whenever I do that I use one stick of it and the rest goes to waste, so it's good to know I can freeze it and portion it up for other things! This always happens when I'm trying to clear out my freezer though - I somehow manage just to add to it (no about at least half the pea and ham soup will end up there too).

Morning everyone, btw! I slept until almost 8am which I'm counting as a win.
You can def freeze if. Iā€™m lazy and buy soffrito ready frozen from Ocado (fancy).

also @Alansbigplate, refering to Jack Whitehallā€™s penis as a pepperami means youā€™re technically keeping on topic.

EDIT to clarify the Jack in question. Donā€™t want any confusion re: the drawer of cocks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
So. Many. Things. To. Reply. To.... overwhelmed.

Introverts - love all the MB tests coming through, and that were pretty much all I*** somethings. I love forums because theyā€™re introvert friendly and you can approach at your own speed, bookmark and consider at will ā€” unless youā€™re madly keeping up with a HelloJackie chaos and then youā€™re tossed around at sea ā€” or more like Christie, the very first victim in Jaws, being pushed around by an uncontrollable force from underneath

You donā€™t have to be a grandstanding centre of attention to be as funny AF as you all are *chefā€™s kiss*

donuts ā€” this will be niche for the NI crew, but long ago before Tesco and Sainsburyā€™s came and homogenised our landscape we had our own chains (more than 10 so JM evaluation criteria met šŸ˜‰) of Stewartā€™s and KrazyPrices dotted around. Most of the bigger ones that had the rotisserie chicken thing in store also made fresh ring donuts constantly throughout the day ā€” we call them gravy rings for some reason šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø ā€” so the shops always smelled like fresh donuts. Iā€™ve never had nicer. Fairground type very close second.

Soffrito mix ā€” @Veronicaaa yes you can freeze it. Our Waitrose item has the pre-chopped bags reduced and I whack them in the freezer, in preparation for flinging and bunging into things at my own leisure...

Mother Thread ā€” yes, been there in real time since Thread 2, judging in my introverted way, apparently. I hope itā€™s just a consequence of the weekends drama that things are a bit skewwhiff at the moment, resettling ā€” I seem to recall it was a bit like that the first time, maybe the lingering scent of ham in the air? But then it settled into seeds and recipes and Big Love Support again. But now most of that has moved over here, with gifs aplenty (love yiz all šŸ’‹), and HelloJackie is thankfully for her own sake taking a break and providing less original content, Iā€™m not sure how it will all shake out over there...

Celebrity chef gossip ā€” for the love of god
please donā€™t tell me thereā€™s another thread to keep on top of? I had to give up on MOD/FOD months ago as HelloJackie was taking up my entire life (has FOD really gone for good? What about House of Horrors Hoopers?)

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more but I need to get back to work ...

• Heart
Reactions: 31
@Raker i remember Stewartā€™s! Why gravy rings?! I was always baffled?! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

@Pocahontas - I dunno? I feel there are cabal-ites, and we have a sort of unified sense of opinion, and if we disagree it's respectful and supportive? Thereā€™s another layer. Iā€™ve lurked those threads since #1 and thereā€™s defo a separate vibe from some, where they kind of subtly try to direct stuff? I canā€™t explain.

I have had no breakfast yet apart from 3 strong coffees, but am likely to have a smoothie and some soft boiled eggs šŸ¤¤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Morning fraus. Breakfast was Biscoff spread on a bagel. I could eat that stuff straight from the jar with a spoon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Breakfast time, soy yogurt, bananas and pomegranate. I have to say I am so thankful to Flumps and other people here encouraging one to eat nice things.
It is an uphill exhausting battle for me. I do feel so much better afterwards,thank you so much
View attachment 194301
That's a beautiful picture, @Lornadoom, a tapestry of a breakfast.

I remember doing a Myers-Briggs type thing years ago as part of the SMT and coming out as a Resource Finder? Just did it again and ESFP-T now...poor Mr. Rebel.

Thank you to @Flumps, the heat here has been so intense in the early evening (36 - 40 degrees, urgh), but your recipe for the salmon has given me a lovely idea for this evening's tea.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh! I was thinking it stood for ā€˜fashionistaā€˜ but then I was confusing myself šŸ˜‚

Oh yeah - ā€˜boils my pissā€™ - never heard that before joining Tattle. I used it in conversation with my husband the other day about people not wearing face masks and he said ā€˜Thatā€™s a disgusting image.ā€™ šŸ˜‚
I think the ā€œboils my pissā€ may be due to quite a few Scots on the JM thread, as I say it a lot. Sorry! šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 7
On the mother thread issue - I agree @Grizzlybear. Iā€™ve been following since DKL and was always my happy place to come and escape the stresses of lockdown. I didnā€™t comment much because I was BUSY with 3 young kids, but popping in here was like listening to a really engaging (and in some ways very niche!) podcast between a group of clever, eloquent, funny (mostly) women. It truly kept me sane in those early weeks.
Then the ALM thing happened, which was unpleasant, and the subsequent reappearance I found even more unsettling. Since then really Iā€™ve been checking in but slightly peeping behind my fingers. I always feel a bit uncomfortable/grubby after reading there now. Not to cast aspersions on any of you lovely Fraus at all. But just feel the vibe has changed. Like itā€™s under new management or something.
So this is the thread for me now ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Early lockdown DKL days were definitely the most entertaining! It's crazy how many new members there suddenly are...I wonder what triggered so many people to discover Tattle? I first found it by typing 'Father of Daughters twit' into google lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry for full on having a footstamp on the mother thread, I literally couldnā€™t look at it any more given what we know? I think now the whole thing has been blown wide open thereā€™s another wave of the same people or similar trying to faux naive their way in to get a nasty ol foothold again.

Good morning fraus, looking forward to brekkos rolling in! Especially the hungover patisserie fair from our french connection ā˜ŗ
I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me but I canā€™t help feeling a little suspicious in relation to the JM threads now. After previous gammony reincarnations, I cant help but wonder if thereā€™s now been a full on reinvention. But Iā€™m probably wildly off track.

This thread seems to be a veritable wholesome oasis in comparison.

ETA - Jack Whitehallā€™s slender appendage aside.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I know exactly what you mean. Couldnā€™t give a ratā€™s tail about some elements being discussed - and I feel there are perhaps some who are waiting for something to argue about / jump on / push an agenda. Jackie Munro annoys me / baffles me as much as the next person and some of the stuff she has done is truly abhorrent (kitten/ cancer appropriation / ED triggers, the works) but I truly donā€™t care about what her brother is called or who owns her crappy bungalow.

Happy to lurk on the mother thread but talk shite here in happy happy gif land where we hear about peopleā€™s food and Jack Whitehallā€™s slender appendage from @GrunkaLunka!! This is HILARIOUS. āœ Also vicariously living the free young life through @crystaleyesd šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ and learning about obscure lace plants and picking up new food ideas.
Babe, same. And Iā€™m loving all the food/cooking inspiration here. There are so many things I want to cook now, although my kitchen isnā€™t really functional at the moment. If only I had a dining room where I could knock a new one up eh? šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I know exactly what you mean. Couldnā€™t give a ratā€™s tail about some elements being discussed - and I feel there are perhaps some who are waiting for something to argue about / jump on / push an agenda. Jackie Munro annoys me / baffles me as much as the next person and some of the stuff she has done is truly abhorrent (kitten/ cancer appropriation / ED triggers, the works) but I truly donā€™t care about what her brother is called or who owns her crappy bungalow.

Happy to lurk on the mother thread but talk shite here in happy happy gif land where we hear about peopleā€™s food and Jack Whitehallā€™s slender appendage from @GrunkaLunka!! This is HILARIOUS. āœ Also vicariously living the free young life through @crystaleyesd šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ and learning about obscure lace plants and picking up new food ideas.
You don't wish you were living my life right now... šŸ˜©:sick: je suis HUNGOVER.

Also agreed about the mother thread. Never saw the point in trawling old articles trying to find snippets of information on why she broke up with Allegra or when she moved back to Southend. I'll go back when Jack does another chaos.

Breakfast is old crisps from the train eaten in bed whilst I try and psyche myself up to get dressed and find croissants and coffee.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Hello my loves. Well it took me 2 days to Grunka through but i'm so happy to be here after the JM thread got a bit heavy. I can tell you that you have helped me to meal plan for the next week, my internet tabs are now full of sharks/vax/pink stuff/and Ocado goodies. Iā€™m also craving yumyums. Thank you all šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Fraus may also appreciate the best croque monsieur I have ever eaten (it had truffles in it - FANCY).

DSC_0011.JPG

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.