Food Bloggers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do people think about Ravneet Gill? I really like her on Junior Bake Off but had to unfollow her on Instagram as found she came across as quite rude. I’m surprised she’s friends with Gizzi - I thought she’d see through her bs

Reactions: 3
I follow Elly Pear and thought she seemed ok. I’ve got a couple of her books and I’d say the recipes I’ve tried have been about 60% good/40% disappointing. I’d love to know what happened with her and Gizzi.

Reactions: 4
I really love Lazy Cat Kitchen and Cupful of Kale, they both do failsafe vegan recipes that just always work. However, I do always skim through the massive preamble at the beginning 😂

I follow Elly Pear and thought she seemed ok. I’ve got a couple of her books and I’d say the recipes I’ve tried have been about 60% good/40% disappointing. I’d love to know what happened with her and Gizzi.

Gizzi always comes across as one of those people who had a 'Super super bestest friend' for a while a then just bins them off tbf.

Reactions: 8
Love Felicity - just finished one more croissant which was a v enjoyable read. Whenever I need to try out a recipe of something I've never done before I always try her perfect recipes first and they have always worked!!

I used to like MDL but she got a bit much in lockdown living. Excessively braggy about random stuff? I bought my husband a subscription to sourdough online school- tbf the bread tutorials and guidance were good. But the other stuff we tried mainly using up sourdough starter... None of it worked properly and the focaccia was a disaster 😂

I follow lots of cooks and bakers on insta and my pet hate (with any influencer) is undisclosed ads for the free stuff- love the boywhobakes but he has been sneaking them in a bit too often for my liking!
She went a bit mad with the sourdough “trash” recipes.
Some seemed to be just for the sake of it. Her crumpet recipe is actively not nice IMO. Far better to make properly yeasted crumpets.

Ravneet is apparently very full on/borderline manic in real life. I’ve enjoyed some of her recipes but she does come across as a bit much

Reactions: 5
Agree re some of MDL’s recipes being for the sake of it. Sometimes I laugh out loud at the stuff she cooks, as the interminable list of ingredients is mad, and ill thought out. It’s like the cooking version of when people try to use lots of long words to look clever.

Agree re some of MDL’s recipes being for the sake of it. Sometimes I laugh out loud at the stuff she cooks, as the interminable list of ingredients is mad, and ill thought out. It’s like the cooking version of when people try to use lots of long words to look clever.

Posh Monroeing

• Haha
I like Nicola Miller, especially when she’s written about food from different countries and cultures (e.g. her recent trips to Venice and Greece). She’s worth a follow on Twitter/Instagram.
Also Emily Nunn, who is US-based and writes about salad. (Her blog/newsletter is called The Department of Salad). Lots of lovely recipes for every type of salad you can think of, plus “salad adjacent” stuff like dressings.

Reactions: 6
I like Nicola Miller, especially when she’s written about food from different countries and cultures (e.g. her recent trips to Venice and Greece). She’s worth a follow on Twitter/Instagram.
Also Emily Nunn, who is US-based and writes about salad. (Her blog/newsletter is called The Department of Salad). Lots of lovely recipes for every type of salad you can think of, plus “salad adjacent” stuff like dressings.
love both of these! Their substack newsletters are great.

My favourite food blogs which I use all the time are smitten kitchen, the loopy whisk (great for gluten free/vegan), cloudy kitchen and damn delicious.

Posh Monroeing
do You mean monroe bergdorf?

Ravneet is apparently very full on/borderline manic in real life. I’ve enjoyed some of her recipes but she does come across as a bit much
I hear the opposite! My husband is friends with her man and his friends and apparently she’s really shy and the full-on-ness is just an act or an image she’s built up!!!
She is absolutely beautiful isn’t she,!?,

Ah interesting, I heard it from a mate who went to the book launch for her latest book. But I guess she would be playing to the crowd at something like that; and may be different behind closed doors.
And yes, she’s stunning. Her hair is 👌

Who’d have guessed Martha de Sourdough Lacey would do a 10 course supper club featuring sourdough starter in every course 🙄🤣

View attachment 1355500
i went to her supper club a few years ago and i didn’t even like the bread! but she did do a starter of chicken wings stuffed with minced prawns which i still get hungry thinking about to this day

So Martha’s holiday looked amazing. Not one to normally get the chills over seeing people on holiday (Gizzi’s make me feel nothing 😂) but hers, wow. Could totally go to that little house, sit by that pool and eat melon all day and pasta all night.

Agree. I did envy her that. The weather looked incredible as did the scenery. (Not sure about the octopus sarnies)

But more irritatingly oblique refs to having a tit year etc. Either say what’s up or don’t mention it. It’s a bit needy to drop lame hints without saying what’s up.

Reactions: 1
She’s being absolutely lovely this morning.

Slamming someone who dared to order a decaf espresso from pret. Likened it to drinking seedlip.

Piss off Martha. And piss off to her followers who called him all kinds of horrid names, some beginning with “n”.

Nice that you can jolly off to Italy and then jolly off somewhere else as soon as you come back and then have the nerve to say that people who order drink that you don’t like “look like they come from Hull”.

Go and join your luvvies and help the world 🔥.