Food Bloggers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Martha is insincere and the constant gushing superlatives are so cringe. Not sure why anyone send her free stuff - she did a post with three different gifts in (even tho one was from her BESTEST pal) despite posting a dozen times separately per day? She’s so spoilt and ungrateful.
Agree her writing style is really OTT and irritating

I find him and his crew kind of irritating. He has some interesting things to say about food in the UK but it’s all so cliquey and opaque that I just can’t be bothered with it.

Not as far as I know - I think she’s just a “proper” chef who built her following slowly (which is guess is quite small relative to some other food people on insta), still does a lot of event catering which has been her bread and butter for a long time. I think she’d be great on telly though as she can really cook and is gorgeous to boot.
You’re so right. He seems to be in France now being opaque af. He’s acting like he’s the only person to have ever gone to France and not eaten French food. Geezer takes himself too seriously 🙄

She would be good on tv, but I worry it would spoil her, it seems to everyone else! But she’s a fab cook and seems sweet, almost self deprecating. Perhaps she’s just humble (JD could learn a thing or two!)

Wonder what happened between her and her fella. She talks of being heartbroken in the past a lot, feel she may not be over him…

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Really not sure why I continue to pay for the pleasure of seeing MDL completely ignore the members of her “sourdough school” month after month, then come back (usually after about three holidays in a row) complaining about everything and advertising yet another supperclub.

Looking forward to her not posting any new recipes prior to the supperclub because she’s “too busy” and then immediately after it’s finished she’ll complain about how she’s over-exerted herself, go on another holiday and disappear for another month or two. And so on, and so on.

The recipes aren’t even good, always contain ingredients that are impossible to find (from her friends/bought on holiday) and weirdly always feed about 64 people so you have to scale it down massively.

Argh. Rant over.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Really not sure why I continue to pay for the pleasure of seeing MDL completely ignore the members of her “sourdough school” month after month, then come back (usually after about three holidays in a row) complaining about everything and advertising yet another supperclub.

Looking forward to her not posting any new recipes prior to the supperclub because she’s “too busy” and then immediately after it’s finished she’ll complain about how she’s over-exerted herself, go on another holiday and disappear for another month or two. And so on, and so on.

The recipes aren’t even good, always contain ingredients that are impossible to find (from her friends/bought on holiday) and weirdly always feed about 64 people so you have to scale it down massively.

Argh. Rant over.
Ignoring her paying subscribers worked for Jack Monroe, so maybe MDL is taking her cue there? Agree the complaining about unspecified issues is tiresome.

Reactions: 2
Ignoring her paying subscribers worked for Jack Monroe, so maybe MDL is taking her cue there? Agree the complaining about unspecified issues is tiresome.
She really does have a massive whiff of spoilt child / massive privilege…

Reactions: 3
I wonder if she’s started losing subscribers yet? I’m not a paid subscriber and her lack of /intermittent/not particularly inspiring content would rile me greatly if I was paying for it!

Rakes in at least 8k a month. No wonder life is a long holiday/midday bath. Nothing makes me cringe more than the meals out several times a week or sometimes a day with a TEE HEE I ORDERED EVERYTHING SO TWEE AND GREEDY

Such a Facebook hun with the woe is me posts

Reactions: 4
From 1000 to just over 700..

It’s really frustrating. I basically stay to have access to the early sourdough recipes, even though I don’t really need them anymore so should probably rethink this myself..

I wonder if she’s started losing subscribers yet? I’m not a paid subscriber and her lack of /intermittent/not particularly inspiring content would rile me greatly if I was paying for it!

From 1000 to just over 700..

It’s really frustrating. I basically stay to have access to the early sourdough recipes, even though I don’t really need them anymore so should probably rethink this myself..
interesting re the 300 drop. Can you screenshot the stuff you need and then quit? You’ve definitely paid for the content and she’s not delivered what she promised

Last edited:
interesting re the 300 drop. Can you screenshot the stuff you need and then quit? You’ve definitely paid for the content and she’s not delivered what she promised
I think I will! It’ll feel really nice to stop paying this (clearly very well off already with her giant house in one of the nicest parts of East London..) woman do basically nothing in return.

I also subscribe to Nicola Lamb’s Kitchen Projects newsletter and difference is staggering - great recipes every single week, clearly loads of work going into putting the newsletter together, recipe testing, etc. and really engaged and friendly with her audience.

Meanwhile, MDL is stealing a living..

It’s unusual for her supper clubs not to sell out - she loves the Glasto vibes when they all go within an hour.
Wonder if her woe is me act has turned people off

6B0DACFD-AE88-4B52-A78C-62CF45072CE4.jpeg

Was thinking this too! Seems quite desperate.

And surprised there isn’t a vague moan about how terrible her life is within that post like there is every single other one..

• Haha
Was thinking this too! Seems quite desperate.

And surprised there isn’t a vague moan about how terrible her life is within that post like there is every single other one..
Still not sold out. She has not bothered with even vaguely indicating the menu theme.

now she doesn’t manically post every dog walk she’ll be appearing much less in the feed

Still not sold out. She has not bothered with even vaguely indicating the menu theme.

now she doesn’t manically post every dog walk she’ll be appearing much less in the feed
Yeah isn’t that weird? Normally she just rips off the food of whichever holiday she’s just been on as her theme.

No way in hell I’d spend £75 for a mystery Martha concoction, and I can’t help feeling that it wouldn’t be a very fun night anyway..? what with the way she’s been constantly vague-moaning for what feels like YEARS now.

Yeah isn’t that weird? Normally she just rips off the food of whichever holiday she’s just been on as her theme.

No way in hell I’d spend £75 for a mystery Martha concoction, and I can’t help feeling that it wouldn’t be a very fun night anyway..? what with the way she’s been constantly vague-moaning for what feels like YEARS now.
£75 per person and according to her latest post she has 81 to feed? That's just over 6 grand for one weekend with no rent to pay,no vat, no staff (I remember she previously used volunteers?). Food costs are probs around £500, even if they were £1000 that's still a good taking.

And all she does is copy other peoples dishes!

£75 per person and according to her latest post she has 81 to feed? That's just over 6 grand for one weekend with no rent to pay,no vat, no staff (I remember she previously used volunteers?). Food costs are probs around £500, even if they were £1000 that's still a good taking.

Wow - I hadn’t done the maths. What a cheek, eh?

She also gets between £3500 and £7000 every single month from people paying for her “cookery school” that she ignores for months at a time. And yet she feels it’s appropriate to complain constantly about how terrible her life is..

i’ve said before but i went to her supper club pre-covid and aside from some amazing chicken wings it was extremely underwhelming. one dish was a single tempura perilla leaf!

Haha yeah pocketing 6k yet refusing to pay helpers is quite the entitled arrogance!!
Aren’t a lot of the people in her subscription club NHS peeps on a freebie?

i’ve said before but i went to her supper club pre-covid and aside from some amazing chicken wings it was extremely underwhelming. one dish was a single tempura perilla leaf!
"one dish was a single tempura perilla leaf!" So very Hackney!

I went to one of the first ever ones many years ago, dragged along by a mutual friend. It's not that she's a bad cook, she's just not a £75 a head type cook.

She also gets a lot of invites and free meals/heavily discounted but never discloses it! Does my head in

Haha yeah pocketing 6k yet refusing to pay helpers is quite the entitled arrogance!!
Aren’t a lot of the people in her subscription club NHS peeps on a freebie?
I hope so! But she also used to make about 4 grand from her in person sourdough classes. She was raking it in. I mean fair play for the hustle but I just don't get her woe is me attitude. She's always moaning, always the person with "the worst luck"..compared to most people in London/Margate she has it pretty good!

Does anyone remember when she kept posting screenshots of men (bots) "asking her out"?

FC is lovely by the way, met her a few times. She's so normal and down to earth. I've noticed her and MD don't hang out nowadays.

Last edited: