Food and Drink #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread 31 is upon us.

Will anything happen? Who knows? Maybe a pantry moth (whatever a pantry moth is) will fly in unannounced and demand attention. Maybe a quokka will throw its young out of its pouch in anger. WFK.

Anyway, we are here to discuss anything and everything and mainly be lovely to each other. Some of us are nonentities. Some of us are smart. Unfortunately, we can’t filter the latter from the former.

MT refers to the main thread where Jack Monroe is discussed.

Have fun peeps 🐼

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Thread 31 is upon us.

Will anything happen? Who knows? Maybe a pantry moth (whatever a pantry moth is) will fly in unannounced and demand attention. Maybe a quokka will throw it’s young out of its pouch in anger. WFK.

Anyway, we are here to discuss anything and everything and mainly be lovely to each other. Some of us are nonentities. Some of us are smart. Unfortunately, we can’t filter the latter from the former.

MT refers to the main thread where Jack Monroe is discussed.

Have fun peeps 🐼
Thanks for the new thread but,you have forgotten THE most important aspect:
will a panda go down a slide? (again)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Jenny numbers sending you big hugs and best wishes, your posts are amazing. Mancbee sorry for your loss and sending my condolences.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
[QUOTE="Into_the_tunnel
Of course.

[/QUOTE]

This may have been shared already but I think you can’t ever have too many pandas on slides

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We are watching the third (yes third) true crime documentary about ain Baton Rouge.

I have no words. Still not watched GOT or whatever it is called.

Thanks for the kind words about neighbours @CabalofBolorneaise … I sometimes want to go on MN for a proper moan. It could be so much worse and I know they are being shafted hugely by LL. It is just inconsiderate behaviour, no malice.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
IMG-20220824-WA0010.jpeg

I have nothing to say really but JC-pup wanted to say hello and we both hope everyone is ok, especially the poorly fraus x

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Popping in to say a big yo to y'all and for a bit of respite from the MT madness.

@StillLucilleBluth Frank (n Furter) ST dog is indeed a schnauzer. He's 15mths old now so just getting out of that puppy stage and turning into a super little chap...very nosy, very noisy but incredibly funny and an absolute cuddle monster.
20220824_204414.jpg

Please excuse the dust sheet, we had our boiler/radiators replaced today so promise I'm not a slovenly hausfrau.

Apologies for Joe Swash style tint around the beardage..The master had just eaten lunch and not been wet wiped yet🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Popping in to say a big yo to y'all and for a bit of respite from the MT madness.

@StillLucilleBluth Frank (n Furter) ST dog is indeed a schnauzer. He's 15mths old now so just getting out of that puppy stage and turning into a super little chap...very nosy, very noisy but incredibly funny and an absolute cuddle monster.View attachment 1525083
Please excuse the dust sheet, we had our boiler/radiators replaced today so promise I'm not a slovenly hausfrau.
He is absolutely gorgeous!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

@StillLucilleBluth Frank (n Furter) ST dog is indeed a schnauzer. He's 15mths old now so just getting out of that puppy stage and turning into a super little chap...very nosy, very noisy but incredibly funny and an absolute cuddle monster.View attachment 1525083
Those eyes. ❤.

Really, having an animal in our lives is such a privilege.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@Into_the_tunnel, be grateful you don't know what pantry moths are!

My worst neighbour story...I may have shared this before, forgive me if so!

A few years ago I was living in a (RENTED) apartment on the 3rd floor. There was a couple on the 6th floor who would have incredibly loud sex, followed by post-coital conversations about how good the sex had been. Everyone in the building would talk about it, because it was so bleeping obnoxious - imagine being woken up at 2am by sex noises* for half an hour, then another half hour of "You're my slut, aren't you?" "What a great duck" etc etc. It was particularly uncomfortable because it felt like they must have had some kind of exhibitionist fetish, so they were kind of forcing us all to participate in their sex life. 🤢

Anyway, one day at work I found an article about a woman in Salamanca who was fined 150€ for having sex so loudly that it broke noise pollution regulations. I printed it out and stuck it up in the lobby of the building, next to the lift. It worked. The noise stopped. Perhaps my proudest moment...

* she was faking it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Good evening to all from Haven! It's been proper humid here today and this caravan just traps it all 😑. Do like a little caravan jaunt though, even if it's not much of a novelty, being a Gypsy frau. Bonkers really, pay good money to go and stay in a smaller caravan than the one I live in 😂.

On the last thread Bird and Blend came up, recommend trying their subscription, it's a good way to sample lots of new teas. Each month they send you 3 different teas, for around £10.

I am petrified of the blimming things 😑. This time of the year I'm so nervous and jumpy. Definitely better than I used to be though, I can catch them begrudgingly if there's noone to do it for me. I don't like to kill them, only times I've done that is when they've caught me by surprise and there's no time to grab a glass. I'm ok with the spindly cellar spiders though and can even catch them in my hand, just doesn't trigger the phobia 🤷. I try and keep them around as they kill the big house spiders.

The badgers that I posted a photo of are still here, just snuck up to see them☺

ETA - the little sign on that caravan reads "beware of the badgers!" 😂 It belongs to the man that feeds them each night.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I so wanted to like Bird and Blend teas, I got a selection box but I just found them so meh.
I will be honest and say I’m really coffee all the way but I wanted to get into the interesting flavours and the ritual of making a nice tea etc but I just found every one I tried was just not it. I think I’ll just draw the line at mint tea and earl grey and be done with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Eeeeeeeee I love a schnauzer! Years from now when the fella and I have our first home together I'm going to get one and call him Colin (Spaced fans where you at?). He'll come in and out of our farmhouse kitchen. It will have stone tiles and a dutch door out into a wildflower garden 😊 One day!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I so wanted to like Bird and Blend teas, I got a selection box but I just found them so meh.
I will be honest and say I’m really coffee all the way but I wanted to get into the interesting flavours and the ritual of making a nice tea etc but I just found every one I tried was just not it. I think I’ll just draw the line at mint tea and earl grey and be done with it!
Same, I'd like to be into teas but none of them taste as good as they smell and it's always disappointing imo. Their sticky chai was ok but I'd rather just make it myself

The only herbal tea I've liked so far is lemon, ginger, and ginseng from M&S which is decent but I'd always prefer a regular cup of tea or earl grey over it

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Mr F is away tonight, so I have a couple of snuggle hounds :)

20220824_233334.jpg

Can absolutely guarantee that by the morning I'll be squashed into about 10 inches of bed while they sprawl all over the rest!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.