Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone else terrified of the thing about bats getting trapped in your hair and never able to get out? not even sure if this is real (and I literally always have mine in a bun so irrelevant anyway..) but still a weird fear
They definitely don't get tangled in your hair! We once had a very lost and confused bat in our bedroom and it flew into the back of my head, but no tangling 😂

We also live near a country park with a little bridge over a lake, we stood on the bridge at dusk and there were hundreds of bats all around us swooping and hunting the bugs over the water, they do get close to you but not that close!

ETA I am in the UK so these are fairly small! I appreciate elsewhere in the world there are much bigger but frankly I love them all

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was in primary school in the 70s and this one still resonates with me-:

Jesus Christ, Superstar!
Wears frilly knickers and a see-through bra
Cops are there
He don't care
He's got supersonic underwear.

The wit and wisdom of the children...
Ours was:

Jesus Christ, Superstar
Came down from Heaven in a Wonderbra

• Haha
Reactions: 11
our jingle bells was

jingle bells
batman smells
robin flew away
he lost his pants in the middle of france
and found them in bombay

ah, nice bit of reminiscing on this horrible morning!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Round our way it was:

Jesus Christ
Superstar
He wears frilly knickers and he wears a bra
He wears a wig
And that's why we call him a sexy pig.

I'm so lucky where I live. We have barn owls and tawny owls in the field at the back. If you don't see them in the day you hear them in the kitchen at night. On walks by the river we often see little egrets, kingfishers and herons with buzzards screeching above. This afternoon, a female sparrowhawk perched on our back fence and tried to catch a sparrow - they scarpered. And bats - they roost in the old brewery buildings.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Haha did you have songs about school dinners?
School dinners school dinners
Concrete chips, concrete chips
Soggy semolina soggy semolina
I feel sick
Toilet quick
It’s too late
I’ve done it on my plate

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
French song learned at school indelibly printed into my brain - Je suis un artiste eyes je viens de Paris“ and then you do all the instrument noises. A whole class of ten year olds shouting “CLA CLA CLAA, CLA CLA CLAA, NA NA NA NA NA” is quite something.

• Haha
Ours was:
Jesus Christ, Superstar
Walks like a woman and wears a bra.

We also sang "Salad as a rock" to the tune of 'Solid as a rock' when we had salad as school dinners, so the one day a year when it didn't rain and everyone was in a good mood.

the joke was multilayered in terms of its meaning because of very long-standing in-jokes and I had to tell it a line at a time so he didn't read it all at once because it was a shaggy dog story type of joke - I've talked it up now and if I told it here, you'd think it was tit, but it was chef's kiss in terms of winding him up

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I spent a long time as a child thinking the song 'Sing Hosannah' was called Zinga Zanga. I think I prefer my version, frankly.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Bats are wonderful, I often see them zipping about outside my flat in the warmer months. I also have a bat head tattoo so I'm an official lifetime member of Bat Club.

I made the new thread btw, please continue there!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.