Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know where I can buy grapefruit squash? Tesco used to sell a high juice version. I have looked in Tesco, Asda and Morrisons but can’t find it.
Robinsons have a pink grapefruit one, I rarely see it in the supermarkets but it’s common in the smaller corner shops/convenience shops.

Reactions: 1
I love that goat article, what a bunch of absolute mad lads. That's the kind of gang I'd like to run with. Now if you'll excuse me, I tried to trim my undercut myself earlier which resulted in a bald patch near my temple and I need to milk it for pity on social media.
The one time I shaved my head was due to an undercut accident. Thoughts and prayers to you! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thanks I’ll look for the Robinsons.

Thanks, I’m fussy, barley in drinks makes my teeth feel furry 🙄
have you tried mixing it with fizzy water? i found the same about the fuzzy teeth thing but when I drink it with fizzy water it seems to mitigate it

Reactions: 2
Cooking advice please wise ones. I want to use my slow cooker more but I won’t always have time to fry things off in the mornings. I don’t like the dump it all in raw method so I do prefer to cook off the onions, celery etc whatever it is first. Could I do this the night before, keep in the fridge then use in the morning? Or will the cooked veg be a stinky, sludge by morning? What about meat? Could I brown that the night before too or will it go tough as old boots in the fridge? Thanks! I did look at a few slow cooker FB groups but umm... I don’t think there’s a lot of cooking skill to begin with in some of these groups 😬
I don't think that halting the cooking process, then continuing later will be a problem, especially as you're finishing by slow cooking. Lots of restaurants part cook things to be finished off later, when they're producing meals that are time consuming. Agree about the iffy nature of FB slow cooking groups 😬

Reactions: 8
I think the Robinson’s might be barley as well sorry, I just thought of grapefruit till I read this.
No problem 👍. I looked at the Waitrose website and they have non barley grapefruit squash 👏

have you tried mixing it with fizzy water? i found the same about the fuzzy teeth thing but when I drink it with fizzy water it seems to mitigate it
Good idea. I have the same problem with shop bought scones, because of the bicarb.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
New thread here!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.