Fleur De Force #9 has an aversion to truffles since getting pregnant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her stocking filler/affordable guide is all stuff under £20, always has been.

Also a lot of the time she will giveaway the stuff in her gift guides.
That’s fine but for me and most people a stocking filler is something under £3 max, a stocking shouldn’t cost you more than about £45 in total to fill. Not £20 a gift!

Reactions: 8
That’s fine but for me and most people a stocking filler is something under £3 max, a stocking shouldn’t cost you more than about £45 in total to fill. Not £20 a gift!
That's what I always think! An expensive stocking filler to most people I know is a Lush bathbomb, which is like £7.

Reactions: 6
You can still get some Lush bath bombs for around the £3 mark if it’s just for your kids stocking. We got some polar bears and butter bears for the little ones in our family.

Reactions: 1
I don't know why she doesn't just take the term "stocking filler" out of that video title altogether and call it "gifts under £20" and be done with it.
In my family mostly we'll give a main gift that costs €30 to €50 and a small gift that costs up to €20 so her under £20 video lines up with my stocking filler budget, yet the only thing I've ever bought on her recommendation (but not using her af!) was kinetic sand for my nephew. That gift was not a hit 😔

Reactions: 7
I disagree, I think one or two gifts at around the 15-20 pound mark are often better than a load of 3 pound gifts, which are normally tat

Reactions: 24
I disagree, I think one or two gifts at around the 15-20 pound mark are often better than a load of 3 pound gifts, which are normally tat
Stockings for us are more useful things like a small diary (£1 in B and M), face masks, deodorant, a nice chocolate bar etc. not tat. But then I only do one for my husband and there’s not a lot of cheap tat he’d want! Main gifts are bigger but I’d never put anything over £3 in a stocking, even if it’s small it goes under the tree when it exceeds that price.

Reactions: 5
Stockings for us are more useful things like a small diary (£1 in B and M), face masks, deodorant, a nice chocolate bar etc. not tat. But then I only do one for my husband and there’s not a lot of cheap tat he’d want! Main gifts are bigger but I’d never put anything over £3 in a stocking, even if it’s small it goes under the tree when it exceeds that price.
That's how we've always treated it too! You get your Christmas pyjamas, socks, toiletries, some chocolate, the kind of stuff you don't necessarily want for all year but are nice to have. Fleur's stuff is next level - I remember a few years ago when they moved out of the cottage into their first house where she bought Mike like 3 Playstation games to just be part of his stocking. I guess that's what having money means.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I think the stocking filler tradition mostly depens on the family/country. In my case, for example, we don't do stockings, but we do celebrate Father Christmas and the Three Wise Men in January.

To be fair, her gift guides have never been helpful to me personally, but are truly enjoy watching them. This year, however, I did use her Cult Beauty code to gift myself some products I don't usually find where I live.

Reactions: 3
Everyone has different traditions. I've noticed that as my husband and I are from two different cultures (he's Scottish and I'm French) we don't do stockings here and the first year I spent with his parents he told me to buy cheap things to put in stockings for them and even he agreed that it's an absolute waste of money even if they are 3 pounds because people don't care at all. His mom keeps the traditions going and I've thrown out absolutely everything I ever got (ugly ass coasters, lip balm from a brand I hate, bath bomb with crappy chemicals, chocolate that I don't like, candy, stinky deodorant, you name it...). So much so that when we are in the UK we buy her mom crap for her stocking and the two of us buy each other video games or other things we'll enjoy. She's happy, we're happy.

I'm with Fleur on that one when it comes to gifts, I don't see the point of buying cheap crap unless the reason people like Christmas is the process of opening presents and that's it. I'd rather buy a few expensive but great gifts than a butload of crap that'll never be used just to have a bigger number of presents.

Of course everyone also has different budget and cannot afford even one expensive gift so I'm not judging that. Just speaking from my experience and possibly Fleur's and also knowing that my MiL is absolutely loaded, making the stocking stuffers even more ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Di
Everyone has different traditions. I've noticed that as my husband and I are from two different cultures (he's Scottish and I'm French) we don't do stockings here and the first year I spent with his parents he told me to buy cheap things to put in stockings for them and even he agreed that it's an absolute waste of money even if they are 3 pounds because people don't care at all. His mom keeps the traditions going and I've thrown out absolutely everything I ever got (ugly ass coasters, lip balm from a brand I hate, bath bomb with crappy chemicals, chocolate that I don't like, candy, stinky deodorant, you name it...). So much so that when we are in the UK we buy her mom crap for her stocking and the two of us buy each other video games or other things we'll enjoy. She's happy, we're happy.

I'm with Fleur on that one when it comes to gifts, I don't see the point of buying cheap crap unless the reason people like Christmas is the process of opening presents and that's it. I'd rather buy a few expensive but great gifts than a butload of crap that'll never be used just to have a bigger number of presents.

Of course everyone also has different budget and cannot afford even one expensive gift so I'm not judging that. Just speaking from my experience and possibly Fleur's and also knowing that my MiL is absolutely loaded, making the stocking stuffers even more ridiculous.

I’m 100% with you on the useless stocking fillers. I hope with more awareness of sustainability people will be much more inclined to scrap all that. My in laws are very very practical and I love it. No presents for adults with the exception of a couple who don’t have kids to be fair to them. Kids presents are pre arranged. I’ve just been texting my MIL asking if they could please not get anything else. They will be overwhelmed and it’s a complete waste.
The unasked for adults gifts are almost worse. I love handcream, candles etc but like most people I have my favourites. I don’t need any more picture frames, I don’t take baths so bath stuff is wasted on me.
I’m all about the nice food & spending time with eachother.

Reactions: 11
Di

I’m 100% with you on the useless stocking fillers. I hope with more awareness of sustainability people will be much more inclined to scrap all that. My in laws are very very practical and I love it. No presents for adults with the exception of a couple who don’t have kids to be fair to them. Kids presents are pre arranged. I’ve just been texting my MIL asking if they could please not get anything else. They will be overwhelmed and it’s a complete waste.
The unasked for adults gifts are almost worse. I love handcream, candles etc but like most people I have my favourites. I don’t need any more picture frames, I don’t take baths so bath stuff is wasted on me.
I’m all about the nice food & spending time with eachother.
My siblings and I have an agreement not to buy for each other or our children as they get enough from santa, we keep our money and aim to have a day out with the kids together instead.
My parents buy me a few things they know I either want or need as they know I don't buy myself much with 2 small children.
I make a hamper for my parents every Christmas and what goes into it isn't all pretty or aesthetically pleasing things, it's little foodie bits i see that I think they might enjoy, their favourite wine etc.
This has just organically happened over the years and post covid we really started giving less and now aim to make more plans as a family together and use money towards that.
It's such a relief to just do the "santa" shopping snd not have much else to worry about spending my limited money and limited time on

• Heart
Stocking fillers for me isn't tat its small things that are useful/would like but don't cost a lot. So like maybe a mini bottle of wine, socks, a chocolate bar.

I don’t think anyones actually saying that stocking fillers should be pointless “tat”, just that £15-20+ per item isn’t really a stocking and definitely doesn’t follow the tradition of what a stocking is meant to be for 🤣

Reactions: 9
I think the stocking filler tradition mostly depens on the family/country. In my case, for example, we don't do stockings, but we do celebrate Father Christmas and the Three Wise Men in January.

To be fair, her gift guides have never been helpful to me personally, but are truly enjoy watching them. This year, however, I did use her Cult Beauty code to gift myself some products I don't usually find where I live.
Ah, you’re Spanish! We used to live there (in Malaga) and really miss the more family focused and less consumerist Christmas, or should I say Navidad :) Fleur could do with living abroad and / or getting out of her super privileged, and out of touch bubble, once in a while! I haven’t seen the videos, but did she mention a lot of people being on a budget?! Those candle prices are insane! Very nice ones in TKmaxx online for a fraction of the cost, Neom etc 😂

Ah, you’re Spanish! We used to live there (in Malaga) and really miss the more family focused and less consumerist Christmas, or should I say Navidad :) Fleur could do with living abroad and / or getting out of her super privileged, and out of touch bubble, once in a while! I haven’t seen the videos, but did she mention a lot of people being on a budget?! Those candle prices are insane! Very nice ones in TKmaxx online for a fraction of the cost, Neom etc 😂
Guilty!🤣

Reactions: 1
This is a SUPER old topic but I’m rewatching some of her renovation vids and I’m curious how much that kitchen was. My guess is at least 300k possibly 400. I do think it’s a beautiful kitchen, I just couldn’t fathom that they got rid of the AGA.

Reactions: 6
Wow, do I feel poor when people are discussing whether or not pjs are a cheap stocking filler or not when that would have been my main Christmas present 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is a SUPER old topic but I’m rewatching some of her renovation vids and I’m curious how much that kitchen was. My guess is at least 300k possibly 400. I do think it’s a beautiful kitchen, I just couldn’t fathom that they got rid of the AGA.
😱😱😱 really? Which vlog is that? That would be almost as much as our house was…
Have to say I would love to see a house (or rather mansion) tour..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.