Fleur De Force #7 Oh hey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We're now at, I think, 2 years since the first miscarriage that we know of. River is 4 in a couple of months (which I know because I spent all of 2017 trying to get pregnant while she smugged about in Isabella Oliver and was gifted 87 prams). Elle Fowler has just succeeded in having her second via IUI and has done a few videos about it. I wonder if Fleur will mention anything about what they're doing.

Reactions: 7
Why is she so squeaky in her advent calendar upload 🥴
So high pitched my ears are crying 😆

I watched her advent calendar video- really petty but why can’t she butcher the brand names like the rest of us? Who knew Net a porter was pronounced Net a portay?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Found her advent calendar video weirdly unhelpful and all over the place, I feel like she stumbled her words a lot and she wasn't very clear.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I haven't watched the calendars video, I always found them unhelpful because she just goes for the ones that are convenient for her. But I'm curious, do you guys still care about beauty advent calendars? I used to be obsessed with them years ago, but already last year I lost the interest and think only on what I really need in beauty and skincare and can't be asked on getting sample sizes that I would get anyway with any order or end up with products I don't use.

Reactions: 9
I haven't watched the calendars video, I always found them unhelpful because she just goes for the ones that are convenient for her. But I'm curious, do you guys still care about beauty advent calendars? I used to be obsessed with them years ago, but already last year I lost the interest and think only on what I really need in beauty and skincare and can't be asked on getting sample sizes that I would get anyway with any order or end up with products I don't use.
Last year I didn't bother. They are too expensive. Best value for money is usually the M&S one

I usually like them if they've got good products and decent sizes because I consider them a good way of trying out new products, especially ones that don't come in smaller or sample sizes in regular life. But I'd never buy a bunch of them like some Youtubers did back in the day before they got sent them for free.

Reactions: 3
I’ve had a Maybelline one for two years in a row and while they were good, the second one pretty much had all the same things (even the same colors) so I didn’t bother with it last year.
Instead I got the foodist/Pamela Reif one and that was amazing. I’ve bought her own advent calendar this year and can’t wait for my daily snack

I get the Rituals advent calendar every year and have done since 2018. I love and use their products and the hand creams last me a whole year. I use 100% of the products in the calendar each year. It also helps me try new scents I wouldn’t otherwise.
Other than that, no I don’t buy. My husband gets a lego one every year.

Reactions: 5
I prefer a free GWP beauty bag/box rather than buying an advent calendar for €€€. I recently got a free beauty bag totalling something like €400 when I spent €100 on Cult Beauty. The €100 was all stuff I needed anyway.

Naturisimo also does good beauty boxes that are not too pricey.

Reactions: 3
I used to love having minis but now I hate it and feel like it's just extra clutter. I either want a free sample or the actual full size.
I wonder will she be having a gin one this year? I thought that was ridiculous.

Reactions: 7
I used to love having minis but now I hate it and feel like it's just extra clutter. I either want a free sample or the actual full size.
I wonder will she be having a gin one this year? I thought that was ridiculous.
Why is a gin one ridiculous?

OH is very upset that I've put her advent calendar video on.

Does anyone else think her bedroom looks like a 85 year olds? There's something about the dark duck egg head board, dark bedside tables and light pink walls and bedding that reminds me of an old ladies room in a nursing home...

• Sick
Why is a gin one ridiculous?
Because it encourages you to drink ever day for over 3 weeks. Not a good idea for most but especially if you are trying to get healthy to help you conceive. Tbh I think advent calenders that have more than just chocolate or something small are all over the top and ridiculous

• Haha
I would love to have a gin one! I would though not drink it every day because that’s just too much for me personally and it makes it difficult to do my job the next day (I’m a senior lecturer & youths these days’ll eat you alive if they detect you’re off your game /s). It’d be nice to have different gins to try without buying such huge bottles. I’d probably finish the advent calendar by the next Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Because it encourages you to drink ever day for over 3 weeks. Not a good idea for most but especially if you are trying to get healthy to help you conceive. Tbh I think advent calenders that have more than just chocolate or something small are all over the top and ridiculous
I don't think many people would drink them everyday? Most (like me) would see it as a way to try lots of different types without having to buy a big bottle.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.