Fleur DeForce #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick recap of the latest stuff at the end of the first thread:

- Fleur has just posted her most recent Q+A (October, 2020), which has generally been received by Tattlers as being very raw, relatable and honest.

- She has very sadly suffered from two miscarriages over the past twelve months, and has found out that she has an under active thyroid condition.

- She now has to take medication and wait to be given the word “go” by doctors before she and Mike can try for another baby again. She describes this as being really frustrating.

- (side-note: thoughts are with any Tattlers reading who have/are currently suffering with infertility struggles. Much love.)

- Fleur also revealed in the Q+A that her thyroid trouble has meant that she can no longer be vegan at present (and some rather tone-deaf comments by her viewers can be seen at the end of the first thread). Mike has also taken to eating some fish as well, though is still mostly vegan.

- In the Q+A, she says that River is at a really great age right now. It’s clear that she really enjoys being a mum to her.

- She continues to create content around some really luxury stuff, e.g. “How to buy vintage Chanel”. However, it’s generally agreed that her overall tone is still neither gloating or grabby.

- In general, she’s just considered to be a bit of a classy act, especially when compared to other influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
The thyroid issue and the miscarriages totally threw me off. I wasn’t even expecting her to share that but I’m so glad she did! It’s not easy to talk about it I’m sure, but again, so many women are affected by this that we should be talking more about these struggles.

Reactions: 17
- She continues to create content around some really luxury stuff, e.g. “How to buy vintage Chanel”. However, it’s generally agreed that her overall tone is still neither gloating or grabby.
Ah, yes, Fleur de Force, the only influencer whose rampant consumerism is given a pass because she doesn’t bother pretending that she’s not filthy rich. Facepalm.

(And when she complains about not getting sent free stuff from expensive brands her loyal fans pass it off as a joke. So funny.)

Just some balance. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ah, yes, Fleur de Force, the only influencer whose rampant consumerism is given a pass because she doesn’t bother pretending that she’s not filthy rich. Facepalm.

(And when she complains about not getting sent free stuff from expensive brands her loyal fans pass it off as a joke. So funny.)

Just some balance. ;)
I like Fleur but she's almost too boring to rag on. Which I guess is both good (for her) and bad (for us). :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love seeing that she has areas of the house that are “messy” and just completely acceptable. I hate all this organised same colour boxes tit 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 15
I can't relate to Fleur's lifestyle - if only eh haha! Although I LOVE watching how the other half live, but out of all the vloggers I watch her personality seems the most down to earth and relatable.

Reactions: 17
Quite refreshing to see a child’s playroom look like a playroom and a place to make mess and have fun - and not a “curated” insta perfect room.

Reactions: 25
Quite refreshing to see a child’s playroom look like a playroom and a place to make mess and have fun - and not a “curated” insta perfect room.
Agreed, although I did find it quite an odd choice of room (especially as it's still full of office stuff) when they must have so many to choose from!

You're right that it's refreshing to see lots of different toys that aren't all fitting some sort of nursery 'theme' too!

Reactions: 5
Loved that playroom video because it was just REAL, even down to the way she's kept the cheesy stuff like that photo of her and her 'best mate Britney' (that cracked me up) - im loving that she's showing us more of the house too!
Sorry i know this isnt meant to be a rave thread!

Reactions: 18
I do have to give it to Fleur for that. When I see people like Lily Pebbles obsessed with having an insta perfect house and just ignoring the needs of their kid it drives me insane!

Reactions: 21
Agreed, although I did find it quite an odd choice of room (especially as it's still full of office stuff) when they must have so many to choose from!

You're right that it's refreshing to see lots of different toys that aren't all fitting some sort of nursery 'theme' too!

Yes both these things! I am glad the playroom is about River! There is a perfect example of how not to do it on insta @the_suffolk_nest (amongst many,many others) and she made her babies' playroom all about her aesthetic which is find so sad for the children.

I love Fleur but for the life of me can't understand why that room is the playroom out of all the space and rooms they have!

Reactions: 7
Yes both these things! I am glad the playroom is about River! There is a perfect example of how not to do it on insta @the_suffolk_nest (amongst many,many others) and she made her babies' playroom all about her aesthetic which is find so sad for the children.

I love Fleur but for the life of me can't understand why that room is the playroom out of all the space and rooms they have!
It seems close to the kitchen, perhaps it’s so if she’s playing she’s not too far away?

Reactions: 10
It is very odd. Surely they must have a much bigger room spare where River could go on her ride-ons etc. Fleur also referred to River using the sink in her room in years to come. River’s room is tiny compared to the other bedrooms we have seen.
Maybe they don’t want to risk spoiling her.

Reactions: 2
New to this thread 👋🏻

Generally I cannot relate to Fleur, not just her lifestyle but her enjoyment of designer things etc. I do enjoy her more mum content however, and I liked how in the playroom a lot of the toys were hand me downs. I think that’s brilliant, because they can obviously afford to buy new, and so many influencers wouldn’t be seen dead with someone else’s cast offs.

I was so very sorry to hear about her miscarriages and health issues and thought she was incredibly brave putting it out there when she is usually exceptionally private.

Reactions: 8
It is very odd. Surely they must have a much bigger room spare where River could go on her ride-ons etc. Fleur also referred to River using the sink in her room in years to come. River’s room is tiny compared to the other bedrooms we have seen.
Maybe they don’t want to risk spoiling her.
I think the play room is close to the kitchen and it's a room where things can be 'contained' and she can't break/damage anything when left alone. If I remember correctly, in one of her videos Mike and River were playing in another room - it was massive and had a huge rug but I think it didn't have any furniture. For River's bedroom, the only thing I can think of is maybe it is close to Fleur and Mike's bedroom and the other spare rooms are further away? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to keep her in a tiny room once she is no longer a baby.

Reactions: 1
@Welshgal I'm sorry, I know were probably long over it at this point but I have to say something about Vanezia who you talked about being an influencer worth following. She is actually part of a huge MLM in Germany, Life+, and is actively exploiting and scamming a huge amount of her followers into using and buying the "Stoffwechselkur" (which is a weight loss program that entails eating only 500 kcal a day + mega expensive pills, obviously bought form her) and other bogus products from her. She and also her boyfriend are contributors to these predatory tactis and just recently stopped advertising it on their channels due to another german influencer revealing their barely legal practices. She also keeps fighting german law in regards as to what is considered advertisement on her channel (the rules here seem to be much stricter compared to the UK or US) and what isn't. She has just recently lost in front of court but will now push it to a higher instance because she is too stubborn (or dumb?) to acknowledge ads. Again, sorry, that wasn't about Fleur but I wanted to maybe give you a bit of background knowledge about her. (I'm german) Hope I didn't offend you, obviously if you're only watching her for her pregnancy stuff that might not concern you at all.

OK to get back to Fleur: As everyone has already said I did somewhat enjoy her Q&A, I wish she'd give us a bit more in terms of Vlogs and stuff but I guess that ship has long sailed. Totally agree with the comment about the Botox. Obvi everyone can do as they please but maybe we should ask ourselves why they chose to do what they do. I feel like a decade ago Botox was a lot more critically received in society, when someone said Botox you'd immediatly think of the insanely tight and weird alien faces of Nicole Kidman or Meg Ryan, barely able to move their faces. Nowadays it seems almost normal that 25 year olds think they have to use a neurotoxin to get rid of their "wrinkles". Where does it come from? I'm gonna be bold and say a lot of it has to do with social media normalizing this stuff. Of course media has influenced society forever but with the rise of the "best friend online" influencers that tell you you'd finally be happy if you just buy more things with their discount code, trends to more and more extreme treatments have accelerated and gained in popularity. I have seen discount codes to beauty doctors for breast enhancement/reduction and Botox! That is insane imho. Anyway, this post is already too long, maybe some of you read it. :'D

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Her Q&A video thumbnail with the faux-surprised mouth open face and “babies?” and “baby update?” in the title/thumbnail just seems like Zalfie or Louise Pentland level of tacky to me.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.