Fleabag

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So surprised there isn’t a Fleabag thread yet!! Completely obsessed. Just watching it again for the third time around. Still as many tears!

Reactions: 8
Binge watched both seasons in two days. It was brilliant. I cried my eyes out! I'm glad she didn't end up with the priest, but it was so bittersweet. Claires haircut scene with Finland Clare was so good. Ah I loved it all.

Reactions: 3
It was brilliant. I really hope they do a third series, even though they're saying they aren't🙁

It was brilliant. I really hope they do a third series, even though they're saying they aren't🙁
As much as I’ve loved the show, it was such a perfect ending I really don’t want another series. I don’t think they can follow it. It’s great leaving us wanting more.

Interesting thing I have heard though is that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is being drafted in to do rewrite work on Bond 25. Which I hope is true.

Reactions: 2
Binge watched both seasons in two days. It was brilliant. I cried my eyes out! I'm glad she didn't end up with the priest, but it was so bittersweet. Claires haircut scene with Finland Clare was so good. Ah I loved it all.
Haha yeah when they went back to the hairdresser and he showed the picture and it was the exact same cracked me up. Loved s2, I actually thought it was much better than the first. The stuff with the priest noticing her talking to the audience was genius.

I read the Bond rumour too and also hope it’s true. She showed with Killing Eve she can do spy stuff that is thrilling, original and hilarious all at once. Everything Bond needs and usually lacks.

Reactions: 4
First thing I've ever binge watched and wow, S2 was outstanding!

As much as I’ve loved the show, it was such a perfect ending I really don’t want another series. I don’t think they can follow it. It’s great leaving us wanting more.

Interesting thing I have heard though is that Phoebe Waller-Bridge is being drafted in to do rewrite work on Bond 25. Which I hope is true.
Probably is true as although there’s going to be a third series of Killing Eve which she also writes the third series will have a new writer.

I love Fleabag. Loved Richard Armitage in the first series and loved Andrew Scott in the second series. Was slightly disappointed to learn Andrew prefers men!

The writing is superb as is Phoebe’s writing in Killing Eve 👌

Probably is true as although there’s going to be a third series of Killing Eve which she also writes the third series will have a new writer.

I love Fleabag. Loved Richard Armitage in the first series and loved Andrew Scott in the second series. Was slightly disappointed to learn Andrew prefers men!

The writing is superb as is Phoebe’s writing in Killing Eve 👌
Where was Richard armitage in the first? Think you may be mistaken?

It’s official! Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been confirmed as a writer on BOND25. Hope she can add some much needed humour and relevance to scripts that can often be very lacking.

• Heart
I think it’s right not to do a third series. As much as I loved it, it did end with her being OK and waving goodbye to us, so can’t see what a third series would entail?

Knowing when to quit is essential for any TV show but especially a comedy. And almost all of them go on at least a series too long.

I suppose so, but two series isn’t very long. They were only a few episodes each too

Fleabag worked perfectly for the two series that were made. Might not have been many episodes, but they were perfect episodes, really tightly scripted, well produced and acted. A brilliant show that ends exactly when a show should end, when it is still at its best and leaves you wanting more.

It harks back to a slightly older time in British TV comedy when shows didn’t run and run for years. Shows like Dinnerladies, Fawlty Towers, Porridge amongst others have a fairly small number of episodes. It’s far more preferable to dragging a show out well past its sell by date with 24 episodes a series like many American comedy series’ do.

Yeah its quite normal for British shows to be that length.

Weird side note - on an episode of David Tenannt's podcast he talks Tina Fey. She has this bizarre anecdote about David Cameron requesting a meeting with her when he was still PM and she was doing 30 rock. He wanted her to talk to some kind of media bigwigs, I forget who, about why British TV should adopt the model of 20+ episodes per series. And she said no, "we want it your way!" Sorry for the OT but tbh it's weird just imagining the two of them having a conversation.

I enjoyed the first series - not so keen on the second.
I couldn’t buy in to the priest story line. I found it too cliched - and the priest character irritated me.