Favourite skin care/beauty products

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If there’s already a similar thread, apologies - or point me in the right direction!

I’ve recently tried Garnier Organics Lavandin range, only the day cream so far but it smells gorgeous and feels quite luxurious. Not sure why they don’t just call it lavender, though! - perhaps they thought lavandin sounds more organic!

Anybody else got any favourites?

Reactions: 1
I love the Ordinary. I would be lost without the niacinamide, it has helped my acne prone skin so much

Reactions: 5
There’s quite an active skincare one here:
Just had a nose on Look Fantastic and not inspired to buy anything, mainly because my codes aren’t working on all of their items 🤣 I’m not paying full price for Olaplex.

Reactions: 3
There’s quite an active skincare one here:
Just had a nose on Look Fantastic and not inspired to buy anything, mainly because my codes aren’t working on all of their items 🤣 I’m not paying full price for Olaplex.
Thank you for the skincare link, will have a good read.

Reactions: 1
Fudge 'Clean Blonde Violet Tri-Blo Violet Toning Blow-Dry Spray' is incredible!!!

After bleaching my hair, I apply this - in place of a regular toner - and it does an amazing job. It smells incredible and provides heat protection, too. In the absence of using it, my hair is golden blonde; after a few spritzes of this, followed by blow-waving and then a few more spritzes to finish, it turns to a whitish blonde with golden highlights. I love it.

---

For skincare, Dermalogica. Amazing products that really do work.

I’m not paying full price for Olaplex.
I use an alternative called 'Novaplex' (made by De Lorenzo) ... it smells delicious. They have the treatment, shampoo and conditioner (they contain a lot of oils though, so I alternate using them with my regular shampoo so my hair doesn't get weighed down and oily). It's cheaper here (NZ) than Olaplex and works better - worth a try?

Reactions: 2
Rescue Remedy cream. I use it on my hands a lot as they dry up from dishwashing mostly

Reactions: 2
I've used Bobbi Brown's Extra moisturisers for almost 15 years and every time I try a new brand I quickly switch back. For my first serum I went for Dermalogica - but I already have great skin & I couldn't see a difference.

I love anything by Elemis, NYK1 eyelash serum is amazing too and gives you lashes to the gods

Can anyone please help with naturally dry, dull hair? Something I haven’t tried. I had virgin hair once that I rarely used heat on and the hairdresser begged me to put a gloss on because it’s just so naturally matte. That’s how I know it’s practically the same when coloured. Now I use Olaplex (0, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8?), moroccanoil, nuxe oil, scalp scrubs and lots of other balms. I can only get sheen with heat and I can’t be bothered styling right now. It never feels nourished. I have 2b hair - rarely use heat. I read somewhere about using a protein-free mask and clarifying shampoo? Nothing’s worked so far and it’s peeing me off.

Fudge 'Clean Blonde Violet Tri-Blo Violet Toning Blow-Dry Spray' is incredible!!!

After bleaching my hair, I apply this - in place of a regular toner - and it does an amazing job. It smells incredible and provides heat protection, too. In the absence of using it, my hair is golden blonde; after a few spritzes of this, followed by blow-waving and then a few more spritzes to finish, it turns to a whitish blonde with golden highlights. I love it.

---

I use an alternative called 'Novaplex' (made by De Lorenzo) ... it smells delicious. They have the treatment, shampoo and conditioner (they contain a lot of oils though, so I alternate using them with my regular shampoo so my hair doesn't get weighed down and oily). It's cheaper here (NZ) than Olaplex and works better - worth a try?
Thank you ☺ Only just seen this. Found 20% off in the end so topped up on Olaplex.

---

Does this tone it all down

Can anyone please help with naturally dry, dull hair? Something I haven’t tried. I had virgin hair once that I rarely used heat on and the hairdresser begged me to put a gloss on because it’s just so naturally matte. That’s how I know it’s practically the same when coloured. Now I use Olaplex (0, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8?), moroccanoil, nuxe oil, scalp scrubs and lots of other balms. I can only get sheen with heat and I can’t be bothered styling right now. It never feels nourished. I have 2b hair - rarely use heat. I read somewhere about using a protein-free mask and clarifying shampoo? Nothing’s worked so far and it’s peeing me off.

Thank you ☺ Only just seen this. Found 20% off in the end so topped up on Olaplex.
Have you tried elasticizer by philip kingsley? Its very helpful. Coupled with Olaplex 3 makes hair look and feel fab.