Favourite film soundtracks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like all kinds of music. My taste is pretty varied but I do like melodic soft rock quite a bit. And the late 70s, 80s and early 90s is my era.
I'm a sucker for a nice melody and nice voices. So the Eagles come high on my list of faves.

A guy who wrote songs with them called JD Souther has a song on the soundtrack of a Keanu Reeves movie called "Permanent Record."

The song is a big part of the story and when I saw the film for the first time I had to seek out the song because I loved it so much.
It's called "Wishing on another lucky star."

The movie is about high school kids involved in a musical production at the school and some of them are in a rock band and writing their own stuff.
One of the main songwriter kids has written a melody but no lyrics.
He commits suicide and the movie addresses how his friends and family deal with his death.
The character played by Keanu is persuaded to finish the song, which he does and one of the girls sings an acapella version of it as a tribute to the friend who died.
It is of course JD Souther's "wishing on another lucky star."

The dvd is hard to get hold of if you are in the UK/region 2 but the whole soundtrack album is available to download.

Another Keanu movie - Matrix Resurrections features a cracking song on the trailer - "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane. So atmospheric and the vocal by Grace Slick is just awesome.

Reactions: 1
Any Tarantino soundtrack. He reminds me of an awkard uncle who spends all day wanking, but he has bleeping great taste in music and i would love to talk to him about music.
The blues brothers soundtrack- i have been obsessed with that film since i was toddler, apparently when i was 2/3 it was the only thing that would occupy me enough so my mum could tidy up.
Juno also has a brilliant soundtrack, so many hidden gems on there :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Moulin Rouge- Come What May is just pure brilliance, and still makes me happy when I listen back to it!
Bridget Jones' Diary OST- When I hear I'm Every Woman, it takes me back to BJ drinking too much vodka and falling over :LOL:

I think I wore my CD's out listening to them 🥰

• Heart
Can i add a video game soundtrack to this list? I recently played far cry 5 and the soundtrack to the game is great.

Reactions: 1
The songs from the first 2 American Pie films - I was about 15/16 when the first film was released and that kind of American pop/punk was huge and was like the soundtrack to messing around as teenagers, going to parties, first boyfriends etc so it always brings me back to those carefree times.

Reactions: 2
Lord of the Rings
Kingdom of Heaven
A Knight’s Tale
Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
Ned Kelly
Pirates of the Caribbean

Disney related:
Mulan
Beauty and The Beast
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Tarzan

Lord of the Rings
Kingdom of Heaven
A Knight’s Tale
Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
Ned Kelly
Pirates of the Caribbean

Disney related:
Mulan
Beauty and The Beast
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Tarzan
Tarzan has a great soundtrack! Phil Collins really brings it.

Couple already mentioned here like The Crow and American Pie ….. but also the soundtrack from Juno us just 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

And for tv well Stranger Things is just 🙌🏻