Favourite comedy shows

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finding myself watching a lot of comedies at the moment to escape the state of the world. It got me wondering, what are your favourite ever comedy shows? Hoping I can find some I’ve not seen.

my ultimate favourites are

Alan Partridge
Green Wing
Bottom
Nighty Night
Black Books
This Country
League of Gentlemen
Psychoville/Inside No 9

Reactions: 1
Community
Parks and Rec
Modern Family
Schitts Creek
Veep
Friday Night Dinner
The Thick of it
IT Crowd
Mighty Boosh
Peep Show
Father Ted
Fresh Meat

Community
Parks and Rec
Modern Family
Schitts Creek
Veep
Friday Night Dinner
The Thick of it
IT Crowd
Mighty Boosh
Peep Show
Father Ted
Fresh Meat
TTOI is one of my favourites too! I just started Armando Iannucis most recent show Avenue 5, but must say I’m not completely sold on it .. sad because I usually love everything he does

TTOI is one of my favourites too! I just started Armando Iannucis most recent show Avenue 5, but must say I’m not completely sold on it .. sad because I usually love everything he does
Have you watched Veep?Another Armando Iannuci comedy, if you like TTOI then I think you'll like it...yeah, Avenue 5 didn't really do it for me either. I really wanted to like Twenty Twelve and that was another that I didn't really enjoy.

Have you watched Veep?Another Armando Iannuci comedy, if you like TTOI then I think you'll like it...yeah, Avenue 5 didn't really do it for me either. I really wanted to like Twenty Twelve and that was another that I didn't really enjoy.
I tried Veep too but I don’t think I gave it enough of a chance. The fact it’s mostly American actors and set in the US just put me off 😂

I did like Twenty Twelve but not massively it wouldn’t be something I’d rewatch again. Great cast though!

I tried Veep too but I don’t think I gave it enough of a chance. The fact it’s mostly American actors and set in the US just put me off 😂

I did like Twenty Twelve but not massively it wouldn’t be something I’d rewatch again. Great cast though!
Yeah I can imagine how that could put you off, shame as it is a cast also, I guess TTOI is more relatable.
Schitts Creek has been the best Netflix comedy for a while. I know you don't have Netflix now but if you can watch it, give it a try.

Parks & Rec
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Modern Family (earlier seasons are better imo but later stuff is good too)
Black Books
Spaced
Dinnerladies
Coupling

Reactions: 2
Ah I grew up adoring Black books. Father Ted too and the first 2 seasons of peep show. 3 at a push. That show jumped the shark in a big way.
I love curb your enthusiasm and parks and recreation.
But 30 rock may be the funniest cleverest show I can think of..

Friday Night Dinner
Brookly99
Lead Balloon
Schitts Creek
The It Crowd
Peep Show
Fawlty Towers
Him&Her
How not to live your life

I was going to reply last night to this but got sucked down the rabbit hole of watching the following again for hours on YT.

Summer Heights High
We can be Heroes
Ja'ime - private school girl.

All featuring Australian Chris Lilley as a variety of characters. So funny. One of those ones where sometimes the character says something and you laugh out loud and then think 'should I be laughing at that?'

I also love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Reactions: 3
Ah I LOVE summer heights high. It's hilarious . Have never seen any of the spin offs though, should I?

Also wanted to add This Country to the mix. Genius show.

Ah I LOVE summer heights high. It's hilarious . Have never seen any of the spin offs though, should I?
Yes they are worth seeing - not *quite* as good as SHH, a bit more patchy - but still good. Last night watching SHH again I laughed and laughed - I love Ja'mie and Mr G so much.

The Following as Ryan Hardy/Joe Carroll The Following?
Aha no! - just the things I then listed. What is The Following?

[QUOTE="Jelly Bean, post: 1096898,

Aha no! - just the things I then listed. What is The Following?
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I completely misread that 🙈🙈
The Following is a program about an FBI agent chasing a serial killer who has a cult following. Kevin Bacon/James Purefoy. I have never known anyone else who has watched it...probably explains my misreading and excitement 😂

• Haha
Love some of the old favourites:
Absolutely Fabulous
Dinnerladies
Vicar of Dibley
Only Fools and Horses
Open All Hours
Keeping Up Appearances
The Good Life

They don't make comedy like they used to.

Love a good sketch show as well, Catherine Tate Show, Little Britain (very of its time), The Two Ronnie's.

Reactions: 3
Alan Partridge is my ultimate fave
The golden girls
Gimme gimme gimme
It’s always sunny in Philadelphia
Curb your enthusiasm
The mighty boosh
The IT crowd
The office
Dinnerladies
Phoenix nights

Too many to list. Comedy shows will help my sanity through this lockdown.