Favourite comedy shows

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was going to reply last night to this but got sucked down the rabbit hole of watching the following again for hours on YT.

Summer Heights High
We can be Heroes
Ja'ime - private school girl.

All featuring Australian Chris Lilley as a variety of characters. So funny. One of those ones where sometimes the character says something and you laugh out loud and then think 'should I be laughing at that?'

I also love It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
“ There’s a pedophile in the school get out!!!! “ 😂 mr g is such an incredible character. I wish to god CL had given him his own spin off show I adore him. I think he’s probably most people’s favourite. He’s such a twit but sometimes you can’t help but feel sorry for him... he reminds me of an Alan Partridge type character. Very well written. Love his little friendship with Rodney.

Loved We Can Be Heroes, J’amie Private School Girl was okay, but I felt like she worked better as an ensemble character in SHH.

Dont know what went wrong with Chris Lilley his most recent stuff is terrible. Summer Heights High is such a brilliant piece of work he cant top it.

Alan Partridge is my ultimate fave
The golden girls
Gimme gimme gimme
It’s always sunny in Philadelphia
Curb your enthusiasm
The mighty boosh
The IT crowd
The office
Dinnerladies
Phoenix nights

Too many to list. Comedy shows will help my sanity through this lockdown.
Alan Partridge is my ultimate favourite too!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sorry, I completely misread that 🙈🙈
The Following is a program about an FBI agent chasing a serial killer who has a cult following. Kevin Bacon/James Purefoy. I have never known anyone else who has watched it...probably explains my misreading and excitement 😂
I watched it!!!! Loved season 1, 2 was crap though. And Mr Purefoy....😍

• Heart
“ There’s a pedophile in the school get out!!!! “ 😂 mr g is such an incredible character. I wish to god CL had given him his own spin off show I adore him. I think he’s probably most people’s favourite. He’s such a twit but sometimes you can’t help but feel sorry for him... he reminds me of an Alan Partridge type character. Very well written. Love his little friendship with Rodney.

Loved We Can Be Heroes, J’amie Private School Girl was okay, but I felt like she worked better as an ensemble character in SHH.

Dont know what went wrong with Chris Lilley his most recent stuff is terrible. Summer Heights High is such a brilliant piece of work he cant top it.

Alan Partridge is my ultimate favourite too!
Actually quite liked Lunatics! Some characters were a bit off the mark but overall thought it was enjoyable. The one character I do not find funny at all though, is s’mouse.

Community
Parks and Rec
Modern Family
Schitts Creek
Veep
Friday Night Dinner
The Thick of it
IT Crowd
Mighty Boosh X
Peep Show
Father Ted
Fresh Meat X
I have never seen Fresh Meat and Mighty Boosh but my list is identical, with 2 additions - ‘Arrested Development’ and ‘Brooklyn 99’ 😍

• Heart
I have never seen Fresh Meat and Mighty Boosh but my list is identical, with 2 additions - ‘Arrested Development’ and ‘Brooklyn 99’ 😍
I do like a bit of New York's 99th precinct! I have never given 'Arrested Development' a real chance but it has always been a one I want to watch.

I do like a bit of New York's 99th precinct! I have never given 'Arrested Development' a real chance but it has always been a one I want to watch.

Anyone else love Man Down on channel 4? Hadn’t seen it for ages and decided to watch it again, so so funny. I absolutely love Roisin Conaty 😂

Reactions: 5
One foot in the grave.

Anyone else love Man Down on channel 4? Hadn’t seen it for ages and decided to watch it again, so so funny. I absolutely love Roisin Conaty 😂
Yes I like that I like Greg Davies.

Reactions: 2
Stayed up all night watching episodes of Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing. Adore this show, it’s relaxing, poignant, funny and just all round wonderful. A less bitter The Trip 😂

Stayed up all night watching episodes of Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing. Adore this show, it’s relaxing, poignant, funny and just all round wonderful. A less bitter The Trip 😂
Ah yes I love this show. So calming. I might revisit them now 😊

Any of the Vic Reeves/Bob Mortimer shows
The Good Place (a really easy watch for pandemic times)
Alan Partridge
Knowing me knowing you
The thick of it
Brooklyn nine-nine

I hear Friday night dinner is really good, but I haven't watched it yet.

Any of the Vic Reeves/Bob Mortimer shows
The Good Place (a really easy watch for pandemic times)
Alan Partridge
Knowing me knowing you
The thick of it
Brooklyn nine-nine

I hear Friday night dinner is really good, but I haven't watched it yet.
Did you like all of The Good Place? I felt it lost its way a bit

Did you like all of The Good Place? I felt it lost its way a bit
The good place has a wobbly middle/3rd series and a spectacular end. Honestly, one of the best endings to a show I have ever seen. Its an extended episode. I felt exactly the same as you when the series where they go back to Earth happens, but then it really picked up in the final series. Brilliant. Get your tissues ready.

The good place has a wobbly middle/3rd series and a spectacular end. Honestly, one of the best endings to a show I have ever seen. Its an extended episode. I felt exactly the same as you when the series where they go back to Earth happens, but then it really picked up in the final series. Brilliant. Get your tissues ready.
Oh I'm so glad you admitted to that! I felt a bit emotional watching it and turned it off after saying to myself "it's a fictional show, grow up!" 😂😂 I've now seen it but yes, tissues should be on standby

This Country is one of the best comedy series I’ve seen in ages.
Man Like Mobeen is also very good!
Old favourites are:-
Gimme Gimme Gimme
Gavin and Stacey
Two Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps
Dinnerladies
The Royle Family

I don’t know if anyone’s mentioned but Nathan barley is amazing, was written by Charlie brooker about 10 years ago, I think the eps are all on YouTube