Favourite Booktubers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a thread to rant in Influencers, but I thought it'd be nice to make a rave thread about Booktubers ...

Here's my current list, in no particular order:

• SavidgeReads - very regular & prominent uploader, good selection of genres, laughs at himself a lot which makes me cringey, but I can overlook it! 😉
  • The Book Castle - Alice lives in Norway. I like her because her channel is relaxed, no drama, and she is not genre-specific.
  • Lauren Wade - another chilled out channel. Does reading vlogs, hauls, wrap ups, vacation vlogs.
  • Jess McGlynn - a reading, family and lifestyle channel. She's a really sweet mum-of-2, lives in north west England. Reads a fairly wide variety of genres.
  • Jen Campbell - probably needs no introduction, quite well known, she's an author and advocate for people with disfigurements/disabilities
  • Book & Bargains - NHS worker, fairly new channel so still finding her feet, Charlotte is really sweet, no drama - recently had a major operation, talks about menopause as a result.
  • MercysBookishMusings - I tend to dip in and out of Mercy's vidoes, she tends to keep away from the hyped up books, lots of diversity in reading
  • lucythereader - mainly classics
  • Lauren and the Books - fairly well known (I think), hosts Cosy Reading Night, has a book group, lots of hauls and wrap ups. Tends to SHOUT, so I have to have volume turned right down - also talks reallyreallyreallyfast, so feel exhausted watching!
  • The Booktube Girl - a new one for me. Australian, I think. Author.
  • Rose Reads - more of a sporadic updater. Good for hauls, reading vlogs and travel vlogs.
  • Jean Bookishthoughts - another fairly well known channel. I like her and her delivery, but I don't find myself wanting to read what she reads - lots of fantasy, romance, historical.
  • Sparkles Books - individual books reviews, hauls. Straightforward delivery from Rosy, not one to beat about the bush!
  • Literarydiversions - lots of crime/mystery/thriller, as well as literary fiction and horror. Lots of tags, TBRs, unhauls
  • A Frolic Through Fiction - sci-fi, fantasy, mainly, lots of hauls, wrap ups, tags.

Does anyone else have any favourites to add to this?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't listen to a huge amount (my tablet has awful sound issues which I need to get fixed) but I used to like A Case for Books with Anna James. She is now an author since she started her channel. She has a nice soothing manner. She mainly does reviews of fiction.

Reactions: 1
I don’t watch much booktube anymore but I love Jen Campbell. I’ve exactly the same feelings about Jean Bookishthoughts - her videos are so interesting and I like her but wouldn’t read most of what she recommends. The only person you haven’t listed who I would recommend is Leena Norms. I’ve been watching her for I think almost a decade? and have always found her well-spoken with a good taste in books. She also makes videos about the environment and social issues etc. Her personality is great, she’s like an excitable chatty friend and very down to earth/able to acknowledge her ignorance when necessary

Recently rediscovered Rosianna Halse Rojas too but she doesn’t seem to upload regularly anymore

Reactions: 3
She isn't dedicated to book reviews but Harriet Murray speaks about the books she's reading a lot. I really like her.

I watch quite a few on your list but haven’t heard of a few so I’ll check them out cause we have quite similar taste.

Booksandlala has to be mentioned. Her videos are very creative and I like her a lot.

How to Train Your Gavin - reads a lot of middle grade so I like to get middle grade recommendations from him.

I like Mercedes a lot and LaurenWade’s vlogs are so chill I love them.

PeruseProject - don’t watch any of her sit down videos cause her editing is atrocious and I don’t read fantasy but I really enjoy her vlogs.

Cindy - readswithcindy is it? Some people dislike her. I think she’s so funny and such a great person.

Oh! I really recommend Emma - Drinking by My Shelf (similar reader to OP’s recs) she’s got a great personality. I love her channel.

last night I started watching Noria Reads. I watched a Q and A and she’s so funny. I was genuinely laughing. Gonna watch more from her today.

I really love reading vlogs so please recommend people who vlog a lot. And also recommend people who don’t always read fantasy!

I love Readwithcindy she is hilarious!!

Peruse Project, Bookandslala, jean bookish thoughts and drinking by my shelf are all really great. I think they all actually form opinions that are detailed on the books the read which a lot of youtubers don’t.

Reactions: 2
I honestly love ReadWithCindy. So many people in the booktube community take themselves way too seriously lol. It's fun to watch someone have a more lighthearted approach and have a good sense of humor.

Reactions: 4
i watch Noelle Gallagher all the time, her videos instantly put me in a good mood. she's smart and insightful and hilarious <3

fictionalfates is just starting out but is also great, we don't have the same reading taste (he reads a lot of fantasy) but i still watch all of his videos because he has great vibes

ellias has a pretty diverse reading taste and does great reviews, also just seems like a really sweet person and i could listen to him all day

the artisan greek is from the netherlands which is kind of refreshing for some reason lol, she's very insightful and makes great videos about race and racism in the book world

Reactions: 3
I've been loving Noria Reads as well and Drinking By My Shelf. I also try and watch smaller Booktubers a lot as well like What Victoria Read who co-host the NHS readathon with Emma at Drinking By My Shelf. Ciara Foster has been taking off lately as well - i really like her videos though sometimes she makes hand/head movements that really distract me in her videos.

I used to follow GuruGossip for BookTubers but I find them so heavily focused on US Booktubers. I'd love to chat and talk more about UK&Irish BookTube, and beyond - Australia and Europe. The Netherlands has been pouring out the aesthetically pleasing, creative BookTubers the last couple of years.

Peruse Project is fun, love her vlogs, she sold me a lot of books lol.

Also love Morgan Long.

I loveee Noelle Gallagher! She is very smart and love her voice, i always play her videos to fall asleep too 🤣

I don’t know if anyone is still reading this thread but I thought id share the booktubers I like watching.
Ariel Bissett (though she’s more into renovating her house now rather than making book videos. I do enjoy listening/watching her BooksUnbound podcast with Raeleen Lemay)
Lucy Wood (she’s more of a lifestyle person but every so often she does book catch ups/round ups and I like how she does it)
Peruse Project- Regan (her editing drives me mad sometimes but I do enjoy her videos)
ThisStoryAintOver - Jananie (she’s such a sweetheart)
Debbie’s Book Shelf -she started as Debbie Drama (I started following her for her singing and theatre content but over the years she’s done more bookish content, she doesn’t fall into typical booktuber stereotypes usually does 1 book at a time but has started to do catch ups on her series Sunday videos)

anyone else want to share some more current booktubers?

Reactions: 6
anyone else want to share some more current booktubers?
I really enjoy Alexa Loves Books. She hadn’t posted in about a year, but just popped back up on my feed again a few weeks ago. I really like that she’s very normal and reads widely. She used to do videos with her husband but he’s focusing on other things atm.

Current faves:

Mike's Book Reviews
Petrik Leo
Brothers Gwynne
William Gwynne
TheShadesofOrange
CriminOlly
The Nerdy Narrative
Christy Anne Jones
Bookish Chas
The Library of Allenxandria