Favourite and least favourite country you have visited?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which has been your favourite and least favourite country/place you have visited, and why?

My favourite was Canada - the Rockies are so beautiful and I had amazing weather and food there too.

Least favourite was Benidorm or Gran Canaria. Got horrific food poisoning in both and just didn’t like anything the places either.

Reactions: 4
Thailand is one of my favourites have spent over 4 month there the last few years. Love the food and the variety of places you can visit.

Worst would probably be Sri Lanka, hated the food, everyone just tried to rip you off, one of our uber drivers got attacked by the local taxi mafia and we were there during the Sri Lanka bombings ( 5 mins away from one) so that didn't help.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Favourite was Italy, we went to Lake Garda and it was amazing. Sadly our return holiday planned for May has predictably been cancelled.
Least favourite was France not for any other reason than I was robbed there.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My favourite was Dominican Republic, it was so blissful but it was my honeymoon.

Worst was Lanzarote, the hotel was absolutely dreadful which ruined it

My favourite was Australia 🇦🇺. I hadn’t expected to love it as much as I did.

The worst was definitely Lanzarote - just for the appalling hotel. We couldn’t wait to leave.

Favourite I'll have to think about.

Least favourite was definitely Turkey. Horrible bloody sleazy men :mad: Put me off ever going back.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Least favourite Berlin, didn't enjoy it at all.

Most loved trip Reykjavik ❤

Favourite was Madrid in Spain. Least favourite Durban in SA. It was all just scary and unsafe.

Reactions: 3
Favourite I'll have to think about.

Least favourite was definitely Turkey. Horrible bloody sleazy men :mad: Put me off ever going back.
I’ve never fancied Turkey either. I went out with a Turkish guy briefly many years ago and he was a right sleazeball.

Least favourite Berlin, didn't enjoy it at all.

Most loved trip Reykjavik ❤
Would love to go to Iceland 😍

Reactions: 8
Which has been your favourite and least favourite country/place you have visited, and why?

My favourite was Canada - the Rockies are so beautiful and I had amazing weather and food there too.

Least favourite was Benidorm or Gran Canaria. Got horrific food poisoning in both and just didn’t like anything the places either.
My favourite is Canada too, we did a trip through the rockies last year 😍 also New Zealand too!!

Least favourite was France (Paris) people were rude both times I went and my mum was verbally abused by people on the metro.. was horrible!

My favourite was Australia. I went with my best friend and we just had the best time. Aussies are great fun.

My least favourite was Iceland. I went as part of a school trip and although there are many beautiful things to see, there were a few odd things that happened. We stayed at a hotel where they killed a lamb in front of us for our dinner and across the nation the hot water from the tap comes out boiling and smelling of sulphur as it’s straight from the Spring. Can’t say I was a fan of that as you get out of the shower smelling worse than when you went in! When we went to the Blue Lagoon, Icelandic ladies tried to pull our swimsuits off in the showers rather than respecting our personal space and cultural differences. Also, the Russian Paralympic team (of the day) were staying at the same hotel as us in the capital city and chased us (underage girls) around the hotel attempting to grope us. The teachers were nowhere to be found at the time. I wouldn’t go back if you paid me!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Favourite was Canada, have been 3 times and would go again. Least favourite was Switzerland which although stunningly beautiful was so regimented and the people were generally not friendly. I was also vegetarian at the time and basically ate cheese, bread, and tomatoes for two weeks solid.

Botswana back in the eighties saw herds of elephants go down to drink at sunset must have been over a thousand. Such a beautiful sight ❤
Worst a toss up between Downtown Montego Bay got on the wrong bus and Israel so unfriendly.

Reactions: 5
Can't say I've massively disliked anywhere I've visited, but my favourite was Iceland.

Favourite - Driving route 66 in the US and California with my boyfriend now husband. Wonderful times.

Worst - India. An absolute hell hole, terribly archaic and awful for women, plus I got the shits badly. Couldn’t wait to leave.

Reactions: 7
My favourite was Iceland.
Least favourite probably Paris. I didn't hate it but it was underwhelming.

Favourite: definitely Rarotonga in the pacific islands ... it's heaven; followed very closely by New Zealand (just gorgeous, and lovely people); and, a little bit behind, Australia.
Least Favourite: none really ... although I didn't find the locals very friendly in France, I did love the place.

My favourite was Dominican Republic, it was so blissful but it was my honeymoon.

Worst was Lanzarote, the hotel was absolutely dreadful which ruined it
My favourite was Australia 🇦🇺. I hadn’t expected to love it as much as I did.

The worst was definitely Lanzarote - just for the appalling hotel. We couldn’t wait to leave.
Weird how almost identical comments were posted within 3 minutes of each other....
That said it’s not exactly hard to believe. Those Spanish resorts aimed at British tourists are depressing. There are so many other wonderful parts of Spain to visit. I know that sounds a bit smug and middle class but it’s not like there aren’t equivalents aimed at a higher economic status - mykonos anyone? It’s all about playing it safe. home comforts with better weather.

Anyway sorry for that tangent. Good thread idea.
My best is probably Mexico. Beautiful, diverse country. Great food. Lovely people. So much to see - the pyramids outside Mexico City are one of the most spectacular sights I’ve ever seen. At the same time there is the opportunity for lieing on the beach in the tiny towns along the Pacific coast.
Mexico City itself I should say was nothing like i expected. It felt very safe, and almost European in parts. I’m sure it depends on what areas you visit.

I’m struggling to think of a worst.
I liked visiting Peru but I must say the capital, Lima wasn’t very exciting. Not a lot to do. I was there a week and stayed in 3 hostels. The first two areas recommended to tourists were dreadful. Leicester Square vibes with rip off prices to match. The third place was in an old colonial building in the centre. That was more interesting but I still remember the smell of the hostel itself was maybe the worst thing I’ve ever inhaled...