Favourite and least favourite country you have visited?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Favourite Thailand and worst Iceland.

Iceland was ridiculously expensive, food was not nice and we had a miserable time because we couldn’t afford to do the things we planned. To do dog slay it was over a £1000 for 2 adults and 2 kids, we couldn’t justify the prices. Also never saw the northern lights.
I went to Iceland in 2001 and your post has just reminded me how truly awful the food was 🤣

Reactions: 1
I went to Iceland in 2001 and your post has just reminded me how truly awful the food was 🤣
So many people rave about it. It seems to be the fashionable place to go. The prices do put me off. They do have lovely Icelandic dogs and horses though.

Best: Iceland (if you think the food's bad you can't have found the fish & chip shop in Reykjavik), Thailand, Indonesia, Australia

Worst: Southern Belgium - everyone dresses like it's still 1983 and look as miserable as sin. Liege would be quite pretty, were it not for the massive steelworks that blights half the town - and the people.

Reactions: 2
Cyprus being a fave the weather was gorgeous and people were friendly.

Worst lanzarote.. weather was tit hotel was a dive just a really horrible place!

Does anyone actually ever get amazing hot sunny weather in the Canary Islands? Just seems like a cloudy place I’ve been to Gran Canaria and it was fine but no nicer than an english summer I’d say at the same time of year. Some cloud, 22c heat and cool in the evenings. Not like greece or mainland spain

Does anyone actually ever get amazing hot sunny weather in the Canary Islands? Just seems like a cloudy place I’ve been to Gran Canaria and it was fine but no nicer than an english summer I’d say at the same time of year. Some cloud, 22c heat and cool in the evenings. Not like greece or mainland spain
Only had scorching weather in the height of summer, and then a week in April we went.

I went to Tenerife in July a couple of times and it was unbearably hot (38 degrees with no breeze).

Least favourite Berlin, didn't enjoy it at all.

Most loved trip Reykjavik ❤
Same here- really don't get the love for Berlin- it was too cold, full of rude pushy people, awful food and the metro made me feel very unsafe. Friends rave about it, I wouldn't go back.
Also hated Barcelona- so many pickpockets and beggars....

Loved- Copenhagen (pricey though!)- Also love for Munich- went for work, thought it would be dull but really nice and clean, great food and easy travel.

Reactions: 4
Favourite is turkey for sure, so so beautiful 😍 least favourite Cyprus, only because it was sooo humid! 🥵

My favourite place HAS to be Rome. Everyone was soooo lovely (except the people selling stuff around the coliseum) but they were all so welcoming and friendly.

My least favourite was Prague. I went at Christmas and oh my god, firstly, freezing and secondly they weren’t very friendly. Considering I’m over friendly it was a bit crap.

Favourite would have to be Tokyo, Japan. Have been there three times over the last 15 years, and it still fascinates me.

Worst would be Malta in 2015. Problems with the flight in, problems at the airport, and the hotel. And getting ripped off at a couple of night clubs and restaurants, with some pretty shoddy customer service.

China was my fave. Beautiful places, rivers, forests etc. Pleasant and helpful people and great food. Tons to see and do.

Australia - didn't hate it just underwhelming

I absolutely love Australia, everything about it ... especially Coolangatta, which is a really lovely, laidback town near Surfers Paradise. You can catch the bus to Surfers if you want to shop, or walk to the great local eateries. The beach is swimmable, although the sharks aren't far away (there are nets, but they'll still find a way in if they can). A few years ago we hired a convertible and did a little road trip, stopping in at Palm Beach, where Home and Away is filmed. That place is absolutely incredible ... if you had a few million to spare and wanted to retire in paradise, that would pretty much be it.

My least favourite is Hawaii ... it's just very dirty, feels quite seedy, and there seem to be a huge amount of homeless people now. We've been a few times over the years and you used to be able to walk around at night with no worries; not so nowadays ... well, you probably could, but I wouldn't recommend it. The only thing I really love about Hawaii now is the ever-present smell of coconut lotion in the air - it's heavenly! I don't think we'll go back again in a hurry though (assuming life ever returns to normal anyway).

Favourite was Thailand. We stayed at a beautiful villa with it own pool so I swam naked every night before bed. Such a fabulous country and people

Worst was Gibraltar ... shithole with grumpy ex pats who obviously just wanted to live in a ‘little England’ but with better weather.

I’ve been lucky to travel extensively through work and holidays and seen so many beautiful countries. Estonia and Montegro are definitely up at the top of my list of amazing places. Can’t wait to travel again but for now I’ll go and explore a bit more of my lovely Ireland 🇮🇪

Reactions: 2
Favourite:
Japan - Such a beautiful country and the food.. omg :love: I'll be the first to admit that getting your head around Japanese customs and decorum can be tough at first, but the people are genuinely so kind (and forgiving) if you make a mistake lol.. so long as you demonstrate that you're making some sort of effort, they're more than happy to help you. Also the karaoke rooms over there are dangerous, they do a 'all you can drink' deal lmao.. it was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

Least favourite:
Israel - I went there to do charity work and their personnel were very hostile to us because we were a group of Irish people and our country is known for leaning a certain way in regards to the Israel/Palestine dispute. I wasn't there to take sides, we were to help children living in conflict. Sad situation all around.