Favorite Christmas films/Christmas tv specials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Favourite Christmas film is any of the Bridget Jones films (I know not everyone sees them as Christmas films!)
And favourite tv show special is the outnumbered one, I’m a sucker for a sitcom.

Rise of the Guardians <3
My friend tried to get me to watch that and I was convinced we were watching how to train your dragon... I was wondering where toothless was 🤣

Reactions: 1
It's A Wonderful Life. I watch it every Christmas Eve with my mum with a Baileys in hand. We always laugh and cry together at the same parts every time.

My favourite Christmas films...

Home Alone
It’s a wonderful life
Muppets Christmas Carol
The Santa Clause (Tim Allen)
Santa clause the movie
A Christmas Carol (Jim Carey)
The grinch
Elf
The holiday
4 Christmases
Love actually
Deck the halls

Ohh I just love Christmas!

Christmas specials the vicar of Dibley and the office Christmas special

Muppets Xmas carol, used to watch it every year with my dad after we went shoppin for my mums presents:
Now watch it alone as my husband hates it lol

I’ve only recently watched elf and the grinch
Love actually
The holiday
Gavin and Stacy Xmas specials

Reactions: 2
Christmas Chronicles 2 is out on Netflix on the 25th Nov for those who are fans of the first one.

Flash Gordon.

My dad took me to see it when I was young, bless him he'd always ring me laughing over Xmas when he saw it was on and tell me what channel, normally Boxing Day or New Year's Eve.

Brian Blessed is hilarious & it always makes me smile when the Flash Speed Mop advert comes on the TV.

Hail Ming. And my lovely Dad ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Muppets Christmas Carol
Santa Clause the Movie
Love Actually
The Holiday
Four Christmases
The Christmas Chronicles
Elf
Nightmare Before Christmas (although I watch this all year round!)
I'm also a sucker for a cheesy Hallmark film, absolutely love them! There's a sequel to The Princess Switch coming next week!

TV wise:
Gavin & Stacey
Only Fools and Horses
Father Ted

And every year we have a tradition that we watch Fanny Cradock Cooks For Christmas 😂

Meet me in St Louis - Cannot beat Judy Garland knocking out Have yourself a merry little xmas
Little Women - the Elizabeth Taylor June Allyson one
The Bishop's Wife - Cary Grant and David Niven
By the light of the Silvery Moon - Doris Day
The Slipper and the Rose - Cinderella retelling starring Richard Chamberlin
The shop around the corner - James Stewart (remade many years later as You've got mail)
Its a wonderful life - James Stewart
Holiday Inn - Good ole Bing
Kitty Foyle - Ginger Rogers
Winnie the pooh and Christmas Too
Mickey's Christmal Carol
Muppets CC
Scrooge Albert Finney and Alistair Versions
Oliver!
The man who invented Christmas
A Christmas Story
Any hallmark christmas film but in particular Eve's Christmas

TV: Lark Rise to Candleford Xmas Special - Sheridan Smith as the Ghost
Vicar of Dibley
Christmassy Ted
Poirots Christmas
Raccoons Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas

And every year we have a tradition that we watch Fanny Cradock Cooks For Christmas 😂
Me too! And Delia's Christmas

Royle Family, Only Fools, The Office, Gimme Gimme Gimme, back in the day I used to love festive episodes of Brookside as they always seemed to have some sort of big story, not festive but I love Carry On films at Xmas 😂
I was a fan of Friends and Father Ted but never liked any of their Xmas episodes/ that getting lost in the lingerie dept episode.

OK, I love all the TV this time of year, so here goes:

Films

Home Alone : just a brilliant film, love the music too from John Williams. The mother's coat deserves a film of its own.
Die Hard 1&2. 1 is obviously the superior film ,but will happily watch 2. Love the weird disjointed feeling in Die Hard 1 of Christmas in sunny California and an office Christmas party at a Japanese company. Plus using the Beethoven music as a leitmotif for the terrorists
The Polar Express: if you don't get a bit teary eyed at the ending, you have no soul
It's a Wonderful Life (of course)

Christmas Specials/TV Shows

Father Ted Christmas Special- absolutely iconic.
The Snowman, for the music alone
Call the Midwife: Just the perfect way to end Christmas day. Such a warm feel-good show
The Den: This one is from my youth: every year Zig, Zag ,Ray, Dustin and later Soky had to save Christmas, sometimes from the nefarious Podge

Films that Are Not Christmas Films But I Always Watch At Christmas

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: Of course
Where Eagles Dare : Broadsword calling Danny Boy. Richard Burton in terrific form in the ultimate Winter film
Kelly's Heroes: Negative Waves maan,
A Bridge too Far: Great story moves at a good clip with an unmatched cast: what other film can boat Sean Connery, James Caan, Gene Hackman, Michael Caine, Anthony Hopkins and Robert Redford?
LOTR Trilogy: Has to be the Extended Editions !
Harry Potter and the One That is On When I Turn on the TV
Always end up watching one of the Hitchcock films, like The Birds or North By Northwest

Last edited: