Fathering Autism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
felt rly embarassed for them in today's vlog
Over which part? I guess I never feel embarrassed for them, but I can tell that Miss Pris struggles vlogging with just Abbey. If only they weren’t getting PAID to vlog. Hmmm.... So maybe she should tell her pushy husband NO & enjoy time alone with her daughter & not exploit the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anyone else find it odd that they laugh at Abby when she runs out of the hotel room and down the hall. People below them or in rooms can likely hear it. There should be serious consequences for bolting like that. One of these days it could be the street! They should never laugh at her. Miss Priss just sits, wedged into the chair. It’s very clear to me that her mother has never really chased her, but Isa and Isaiah do. I think they’ve even mentioned that before. With Isaiah going off to college things will get interesting, if not dangerous for Abbey. But of course they’ll post & profit, sadly.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Number one even if they paid for it themselves bottom line is the money comes from the exploitation of a child with no voice. A child who has no choice in her most personal problems and experiences being filmed for money and dad's ego. I thought this was made illegal in the past when people were made to stop filming and stop making money off of people with disabilities. The only difference is they are seen on social media instead of in person. I find it appalling as anyone with any morals should. Number two..if the cruise line IS sponsoring them it is wrong. How can they choose just one family to sponsor when there are literally thousands of families with Autistic children?Thousands who don't live the lavish lifestyle of a mansion filled with new furniture and decor, built in swimming pool, a slew of recreational toys, gifts to fill a new car from adoring fans for the whole family plus Dunkin' every day. If they are sponsored in any way shape or form IT IS WRONG! What about the plight of other families with other children with disabilities of every kind. If indeed this Cruise Line sponsored the Maass family they were absolutely wrong. When are people going to stop handing money and freebies over to these people? Look up their net worth together and seperately. I don't understand their blatant arrogance to film this cruise and flaunt it. Think how the family feels who can't even afford the smallest of sensory toys. And putting Abby aside while they go enjoy themselves WITHOUT her?! SHE IS WHY YOU HAVE EVEN A DIME TO YOUR NAME AND THIS SHAMEFULL TRIP. I think Isaiah AND Abby are the only ones with common sense and morals. I feel sorry for them for being pushed into their parents schemes. One question..Why has main stream media not done an expose' on these and people like them?
We should all write Autism on the Seas and voice what you just did. And more! Did I mention that I love you guys? It's so nice to find people who see this tit show for what it is and the parents for what they are.

I am going to be upfront and say that I do not watch FatheringAutism for their Autism knowledge. I watch because I don't want Abbie and Isaiah to be without a home. I love watching those kids! :)

Now I am going to get a little snippy towards Asa and Cilla. I feel that they do not have the right or qualifications to speak about Autism as a whole. They can speak about their experiences all day long. Doctors and Psychologists went to school for YEARS to learn about Autism. These bozos have no formal education on the subject! I do not see why people listen to them. Their son at the end of his college education will be more knowledgeable. I am not saying you need a college education to be an advocate, but the type of advice they are giving, yes you do.
They are self proclaimed experts and the "real" experts agree. That's what is so wrong. They get paid by Universities to talk about Abbie. It's so screwed up.

Over which part? I guess I never feel embarrassed for them, but I can tell that Miss Pris struggles vlogging with just Abbey. If only they weren’t getting PAID to vlog. Hmmm.... So maybe she should tell her pushy husband NO & enjoy time alone with her daughter & not exploit the time.
I really think mom can't stand Abbie. It's obvious by the looks on her face. Anytime she is loving towards her it is so fake I want to gag!!! Asa tries to turn off the camera or zoom away when she gets that look...but it's always too late and too obvious he is trying to hide it.

I don’t really have any feelings either way about this family and certainly wouldnt describe myself as a fan but I do watch every now and then. Asa did say the cruise is not sponsored, it’s discounted. It’s logic that the cruise company has no interest in sponsoring (or even discounting) a “normal” family with a lot less and who aren’t in the spotlight because there would be no return for them, except to maybe feel good. When they discount the cruise for Fathering Autism, they are effectively investing in advertising. They make less in the short term but potentially gain a lot more in the long term by getting the word out to thousands of people who might eventually buy their product. This is just the way of the world, whether it’s fair or not. I’d love to get discounted holidays like the travel bloggers I love to hate on Instagram but I havent put the time or effort into building a profile on there so who would ever invest in me? And I can’t really be mad at those instagrammers who had the idea to grow their travel profile, because I could have essentially done the same but didn’t have the drive. With vlogging every day life, it’s true that “anyone could do it” but not everyone does, so I kind of feel those that do are of course going to take the perks when they come. Who wouldn’t?!
Someone who has no shame in exploiting their own autistic non verbal child, that's who.

What is this blowout they are talking about and why are they being so dramatic about it. They are walking and panting and talking about this blow out and how embarrassing it was but in the next second they are talking about couples massages while Abbie is at respite and Asa out doing his own thing.
Abbie drank too much ocean water and her bowels exploded all over the boat. You could clearly see Pricilla was horrified. I secretly laughed about it. 😆

Absolutely no need to announce on the vlog about Abbies incident! Would they have done the same if she was a typical child? Or if it was Isaiah!

Absolutely disgusting for them to do that!

Losing so much respect for this family! Abbie is well and truly exploited for their own selfish gain!

Just because the so called point of their vlogs is to raise awareness it does not mean that their viewers need to know every grisly detail of their non consenting daughter's life!

I hate how they try to convince themselves that they push Abbie to try new things for her own gain when in fact they force her to do things for their vlog content. Just because those workers may not be familiar with Autism, it doesn't mean they were wrong to discourage them to allow Abbie in the water. If they had listened they would have avoided the "embarrassing" incident - embarrassing for them or their poor exploited daughter who was probably covered in her own bodily waste, supposedly blissfully unaware that she was no doubt being stared at and whispered about?

. SM-G935F .
I wonder if Abbie even remembers one day to the next. Like the cruise...do y'all think she "made memories" or the other 3 did? Asa claims he wants Abbie to "live her best life". I think THEY are living THEIR best life off of Abbie being exploited!!! Why are we the only ones who see this??..

Their cooking is very much southern (or SE US) cooking. Fat butter heavy sauces...gross. Don’t think that is middle America! FL has an obesity problem. Miss Priss has re-stretched her stomach out with her “Dunkin” obsession. I’d worry about the health implications of stretching & drinking a dehydrating liquid, what what she needs is water. DnD can send freebies, but I highly doubt their PR team wants to be affiliated with the FAThering Narcissism.
She also loves her vodka!! Don't forget that! Shes everything disgusting and a closet alcoholic!! That weight is never coming off. She's done. Her knees are the size of tree trunks. That tit ain't going away by itself!! If shes that stupid to realize unless she moves her body...cuts out sugar and stops drinking vodka and wine...she will never change. Next we get to watch Asa get his surgery cuz hes doubled in size!!! 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Who saw todays episode? Returning home. OMG!! They had their fat asses in the bed napping while Abbie stomped around making race car noises!! It was still daylight out! Was brother caregiver on duty? Who knows!! 14 days for a fridge. Cry me a river. Rich people problems! Mocking Mexicans and Pricilla is all like "we need Queso"!! Of course that's the last thing they need! Asa was so quick to point out how Pricilla only eats a small portion of that Fajita. Yeah right. We know her stomach is already stretched out. I'm sure i am leaving stuff out...feel free to add!!!😆

Reactions: 4
I do feel bad because it must be draining having a 14 year old that is like a toddler. But they should find ways to keep her occupied. Shes literally running around the room extremely hyped up, while Priscilla and Asa are laying in bed asking what she wants.

I did like the dinner they took Abbie out to dinner.

It’s weird he couldn’t shop online w/ Best Buy, Lowes, etc. & make sure that fridge was delivered before they arrived home! The stupidity! Perhaps he wanted to wait a week+ & was waiting for a sponsored fridge? hahha such a noob.

Reactions: 1
Geeze do they have to flaunt everything they buy? From fridge to dinner? They sure keep the beef industry alive. My family could only wish we could have steak more than once a year. And I could be wrong but is Asa developing some sort of lisp? He is hard to understand at times like run together words and slurred. Maybe he should see a doctor. I don't care for him but I don't want him to be having a health problem. Wonder what lavish thing is next. More and more the core reason for this show is disappearing as they focus more on what they have, get to do or buy. Such a shame. I Heard youtube has some rules they are going to enforce. If there is a morals rule...

• Heart
In today's episode...its 44 degrees in Florida and Abby goes to school without a coat. Later they found a hoodie for her. The 2 overweight parents had coats. The mombeast had a scarf.. Boots...and jacket.. All combined to make "a cute outfit". What nerve. Meltdown at restaurant.. In the car.. Dadbeast says to his non verbal daughter "you have to learn to communicate".. .am i missing something here? Maybe if they fed her more.. Didnt wait so late to eat at night.. She wouldn't be freaking out cuz she's so hangry!!! These people are awful parents. Is anybody else concerned about the cat with Abbie?

I must have a fever because I can’t complain about today’s vlog. I think it was a fair representation of what it’s like dealing w/ Ab at the restaurant/new people/bday gathering. So for special needs parents, it could be helpful. It was good he brought her to the car, but she needs to also learn to regulate herself w/ her mother taking her to the car. I wonder if she calms down more for one or both grandma’s, more than she does for her mom. I hate to say this because I just don’t know, but there just seems to be mental retardation (again, I forget the new term) mixed in with her autism. She just appears like someone who will need a group home maybe by age 18-20?! Maybe she’ll calm down a lot in the coming years. But then I picture obesity, completely sedentary, more anger issues due to that, & it’s concerned even now about just how happy she is. If it takes some major seratonin increasing meds to help her smile & laugh more, then maybe that’s what they should look into. I’m guessing the older she gets, the less happy she’ll be. I’ve noticed this in the many months i’ve been watching. I just feel like Abbey needs more than what they are offering. She needs more 1 on 1 fun sensory games rather than having too much corner couch time just rocking. Praying for some sort of a cure for her to unlock her brain. I enjoy listening to Cody’s mom speak w/ him. They have a Facebook channel called Cody Speaks. He started speaking at 9.

She did have a lightweight turtleneck sweatshirt on. She could’ve work the hoodie into school, but Miss Priss is too concerned about dressing her daughter in styles she’d wear & the hoodie would’ve ruined the look for Priss, I’m sure of it! Heck, my kids wear hoodies! Good thing they’ve got a huge amount of money coming in to buy clothes. Yes, Priss was sure ready for the season! Never mind buying a new jacket sooner. They’ve been too busy on vacations. Cut them some slack! haha jk.

Reactions: 1
not letting me edit.

it’s a lightweight turtleneck sweater, not sweatshirt. cute, but the neck likely annoyed her all day, hence the whining!

and mental retardation has been mentioned by them as abby’s early dx. along w/ autism. so i’m not saying anything new. i’m just saying that there are many things that abby might not ever get (of course doesn’t hurt to try & try again) but when she’s looking so uncomfortable, maybe next time they need to be firm & say NO CAKE unless you can be calm & leave early if she can’t regulate (not expecting miracle behavior, Asa said she was struggling).

I really hope the new youtube rules signals the end of Fatheringautism. He shouldn't be allowed to exploit his daughter like he is.

Word has it that You Tube is going to limit or forbid exposing children to being filmed. One can only hope this will take Fathering Autism and the like down. Why people continue to build Asa and Cilla's egos is beyond me. Asa looks more arrogant every day. The first thing he does when they dock is insult Florida. Hey pally thats the home of a lot of your peeps ya know. Biting the hands that feed and support your lavish life style? Mr. Free Dunkin is going to lose his freebie donuts if he keeps putting his home state down. The people who support Dunkin Donuts in that area should boycott them for sponsoring or giving the Maass family freebies. Cut the cord on those moochers and give the free coffee and donuts to the homeless, hungry people who NEED the food.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think most of Abbies "bad" behaviours could come from the fact that all she is allowed to do all day is sit on her ipad or rock on a couch. She's most likely bored out of her mind and creates mayhem just to get some attention from her parents.

She has two stay at home parents and I'm almost positive neither of then play games or try to entertain her in any other way unless it's for vlog footage.

Their subscribers have sent dozens and dozens of sensory toys for Abbie, yet how many times in vlogs do we see her playing with them?

Maybe she would prefer to rock in her room all day, but why encourage it constantly? Because it makes her seem like a "typical teen"? Ridiculous...

Surely, they can spare an hour of their precious phone and editing time to lay out a matching game, kinetic sand, slime, a stacking game, anything, just to give her some one on one time instead of letting her rock her self dizzy and destroying the house out of boredom. What's so difficult about being patient and persevering when she continually puts things in her mouth instead of just giving up?

I really can't understand why Pricilla sits on her ass 99% of the day on her phone. Why did she even need to take on that stupid pyramid scheme job? Are they that greedy for money that she got suckered in by that?

But then again, she seems to hate having time alone with her daughter, so shes probably enjoying being allowed to "work" while everyone else chases Abbie around.

• Heart
Yaaaasss!! Before she took on the pyramid scheme gig...she was a self proclaimed "volunteer queen". Anything to get out of caring for Abbie!
If you will notice, these days if there is ever affection shown to Abbie, it's fake for the camera. Pricilla thinks she's "cute" since she dropped 83lbs and twists that big body all around for the camera to get the attention on her.
Like, look at me I'm a cute fit mom who loves her daughter. She is neither of those things in my opinion.
I can only hope youtube fixes their little red wagon. They can both get real jobs and handle it like their subscribers do!!
Maybe she can work at Lane Bryant and Asa's fat ass can work the counter at Dunkin!

It’s no surprise Isaiah wants to go to college out of state. Get away from the tit show.

Reactions: 3
I think most of Abbies "bad" behaviours could come from the fact that all she is allowed to do all day is sit on her ipad or rock on a couch. She's most likely bored out of her mind and creates mayhem just to get some attention from her parents.

She has two stay at home parents and I'm almost positive neither of then play games or try to entertain her in any other way unless it's for vlog footage.

Their subscribers have sent dozens and dozens of sensory toys for Abbie, yet how many times in vlogs do we see her playing with them?

Maybe she would prefer to rock in her room all day, but why encourage it constantly? Because it makes her seem like a "typical teen"? Ridiculous...

Surely, they can spare an hour of their precious phone and editing time to lay out a matching game, kinetic sand, slime, a stacking game, anything, just to give her some one on one time instead of letting her rock her self dizzy and destroying the house out of boredom. What's so difficult about being patient and persevering when she continually puts things in her mouth instead of just giving up?

I really can't understand why Pricilla sits on her ass 99% of the day on her phone. Why did she even need to take on that stupid pyramid scheme job? Are they that greedy for money that she got suckered in by that?

But then again, she seems to hate having time alone with her daughter, so shes probably enjoying being allowed to "work" while everyone else chases Abbie around.

. SM-G935F .

I did like this video of when Priscilla and Abbie went to the nailshop but seems a little rehearsed with Asa recording and playing the sappy music.

A lot of editing in this video. All for Pricillas benefit. Abbie could have cared less about a pedicure. Poor Pricilla...she just wants a "typical" daughter. It's so obvious.
These people are never thankful. Ever. For anything. 🐷 🐖

A lot of editing in this video. All for Pricillas benefit. Abbie could have cared less about a pedicure. Poor Pricilla...she just wants a "typical" daughter. It's so obvious.
These people are never thankful. Ever. For anything. 🐷 🐖

In this video she does say that she believed her and Abbie wouldn't be able to bond because of her Autism. I want to believe Priscilla is genuine, I have a soft spot for her but sometimes I can't tell if shes acting or not.

Why do they refer to Abbie as a little girl? She's fourteen with the body of a young woman. I get that she is severely disabled, but it's like they want to baby her. She is NOT a little girl.

Oh hell no, I would snap someone’s finger off if they did this to me. He is such an asshole, I don’t care if you’re my husband or a stranger don’t ever do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.