Fathering Autism #5 Asa lies and Priscilla cries

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again,not “fat shaming” her,but come on..a year after surgery and a mile is all she just accomplished?
Btw,no matter how many miles she does,the food she consumes,the sitting for the better part of the day,etc will NOT make that much of a difference in the long run.

Even if walking were not her thing,a few laps in the pool daily would also be a great way to exercise! The dang excuse of it’s been too chilly as of late is just that-an excuse! While FL. Does experience some cooler days,especially up around her area,what about the rest of the year? Maybe an hour every day,w Abbie also included in the pool would not only help w the weight loss,but maybe help Abbie sleep a bit better at nite( tire her out) and get her a bit more active as well.

From the vids they post,Abbie comes home from school and for the most part is sitting in the corner of the couch( and no,not bashing Abbie).

As an aside,who exactly is Summer there for? Is it Abbie or P? Doesn’t she have school herself? Friends she could hang out with during the time Abbie is in school? IMO,looking more and more like P is using( sorry,maybe not right word) Summer as a substitute for the “normal teen daughter” she does not have.
She's there because Asa wants her there, if you notice when he shoots film of her you will see crotch shots, butt shots, and bust shots.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I understand your opinion and offence is intended (mutal respect :) ) but that is slightly ableist and who is to say thinking like an NT is an easier way to live?? There have been many many people who think autistically and thrive, BECAUSE of the way they see the world. Everyone is different yes, and Abbie has many struggles,but that’s (and only speculation here) seems to be mainly a lack of communication and autonomy, which is because her parents are ableist and think that just because she’s autistic (or has IDD) she can be treated that way. Someone rightfully pointed out earlier that the tiktok of P lifting up Abbie was weird. Why? Because it’s not normal to lift up your 14yo, especially when she might not want it and can’t (yet) properly communicate such. I mean, P wouldn’t do that to Isaiah would she? I hope I make sense and hope I’m coming across as respectful and genuinely want to help you think like an autistic person for a moment (since we’re always forced to see your POV all the time🤣...and some say it’s the *autistic* people who have ridged thinking!)

:)

(They can communicate too, with devices etc! Look up Carly Fleischmann, Amy Sequiza, Ido Kedar, etc) (Also so sorry for “spamming”, it’s just that I really want people to learn about these things, even though I’m only one voice :) )
Not all non verbal children are able to learn an alternative way to communicate. My son is a year older than Abbie and he's never been able to learn to use a augmented device or pec cards. It's just a sad reality for some.

Reactions: 8
To add my son has autism and love going for walks when warm out they live we’re it’s. Warm most of the time I just hate seeing them not work on there family

Reactions: 2
I wonder if Abbie could learn to express how she FEELS via her communication device with some work. I don't know if that's within her capabilities or could be, but they don't seem to explore it. Even just happy/sad/angry would be really, really useful.
My thoughts too! Glad other people are noticing her lack of options, even when the people in their comments never seem to address it, and I thought that was weird they hadn’t added more. (Although to be fair, some autistic people have motor coordination problems so sometimes they mean to hit one button and not the one they actually did, meaning that sometimes PECS (Abbie’s communication method) can be considered unreliable) Source: Blogs written by other non verbal autistic people :)

Wish I'd known that before I shared my experiences. Or had been clued in a few weeks ago. Were you all just humoring me?
If people are saying autistic people shouldn’t educate....about autism......wha?

my thoughts too but i didnt want to say anything since I had already been trying to teach them a few little things about autistic minds, and OP doesn’t even seem to have taken anything I said into consideration, unlike another member who was perfectly willing to research a bit more...

i can’t wait to read that myself later too! Your friend sounds awesome :)
Thanks, you'll like her. She's also an admin on the Facebook group Autism Inclusivity

Reactions: 2
My thoughts too! Glad other people are noticing her lack of options, even when the people in their comments never seem to address it, and I thought that was weird they hadn’t added more. (Although to be fair, some autistic people have motor coordination problems so sometimes they mean to hit one button and not the one they actually did, meaning that sometimes PECS (Abbie’s communication method) can be considered unreliable) Source: Blogs written by other non verbal autistic people :)

If people are saying autistic people shouldn’t educate....about autism......wha?
That is not what I meant at all. What I said was in the last few days the channel has changed considerably . It has gone from light hearted gossip about F.A. to a deeper level leaning more towards people explaining about their autism experiences. There is nothing wrong with education about autism but I didn’t think that this was the right forum for it.
You have to be so careful of offending people. I came on here as it was a light hearted place to gossip, that’s all I meant.

I think what gets me most of all w this family is how they parade Abbie around like some circus act. I remember a vid from maybe Oct. or so where they even had her wearing a shirt that said something like “meet me live” on it. They were doing meet ups (at where else,DD) and pushing her to pose,hug,kiss,etc those who were there.

As adults,if they want to be w people pose,hug,etc them go for it. Abbie should NOT be pushed into it. She can’t express whether she likes to be basically mauled,and to have them do so is downright mean.

By no means am I advocating for Abbie to be kept away from public spaces/places,but damn! Don’t treat her as a commodity to get more hits,more sponsors,more gifts( will never understand why people send gifts to the family).

She may not be able to vocalize that she does not want to be touched,but that does NOT give anyone the right to take it for granted to allow it to happen!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think what gets me most of all w this family is how they parade Abbie around like some circus act. I remember a vid from maybe Oct. or so where they even had her wearing a shirt that said something like “meet me live” on it. They were doing meet ups (at where else,DD) and pushing her to pose,hug,kiss,etc those who were there.

As adults,if they want to be w people pose,hug,etc them go for it. Abbie should NOT be pushed into it. She can’t express whether she likes to be basically mauled,and to have them do so is downright mean.

By no means am I advocating for Abbie to be kept away from public spaces/places,but damn! Don’t treat her as a commodity to get more hits,more sponsors,more gifts( will never understand why people send gifts to the family).

She may not be able to vocalize that she does not want to be touched,but that does NOT give anyone the right to take it for granted to allow it to happen!
You can tell that she is not happy at meet ups..everyone smiling but her. I’ve seen Summer and Isaiah leave early when they get tired of it ..but Abbie has to stay..she is the main attraction...

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Well, as a newbie, and after reading the past few pages I am not sure what is appropriate to post anymore but guess I 'll risk it lol.

I have been searching for a specific vlog that I mentioned yesterday. Still havent found the one I am looking for but I did find something I thought was interesting and wanted to share.

In an old vlog entitled "Autism Mom Doesnt Help?" at the 1 min 27 sec mark, Prisicilla says that to be a student at JSA, Autism has to be the primary diagnosis. They can have secondary dx as well, but Autism must be the first. This is interesting if it is true, because I admit I assumed that IDD had to be the primary,and I know that many of the posters here have the same opinion, so thought I'd share if interested.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
P is getting pretty desperate with her pyramid company recently. Everything that we put on here about her worthless company, maverick never getting attention, vlogs being about them and not autism all seems to be getting addressed. Are you sure you’re not reading these Assa?!
Recently they both seem very needy for attention and ‘likes’ I wonder if they’ve lost supporters recently?

• Haha
She should be walking a mile a day, or more, with Abbie. I’m 52 and can walk 2-3 miles at a time, P should be able to do that easily. I do feel Abbie needs more exercise. Instead of going around the neighborhood in the golf cart mom, dad and Abbie should be out walking! They live where there’s mild weather year round!
Again not defending any of them, but I literally live about 4-5miles away from them....currently it’s “winter” here and the weather is “cold” to us(for example the low was 43 yesterday), but this is what I consider good walking weather....in fact, up until late March -early April is what I’d consider mild weather. Starting in Mid-Late April the temp starts going back up and it’s not a dry heat.....it will be 98-100 with humidity making it feel about 10 degrees hotter, it’s so bad here that there are daily weather advisories about staying out of the heat as much as possible. From 10a until dusk most NorthEast Floridians stay inside as much as possible, even walking your dog is dangerous for the majority of the day and vets will advise if you are adamant about doing it to get boots that prevent their pads from getting burnt. All that said, walking in the early morning or after dusk is when we walk and you just have to make sure to spray yourself with bug repellant to keep the mosquitos away.
of course there are also plenty of gyms in the area with temperature controlled walking tracks and we have an indoor mall that opens early especially for walkers....so there is always options, just didn’t want anyone thinking that the weather here is mild most of the time....it’s absolutely not, we get a totally of maybe 12-14 weeks of weather that’s below 90degrees.....heat stroke is seen in our ERs frequently, especially in the elderly, medically fragile and those with chronic lung conditions and causes many deaths in our area during the worst of the heat.

• Wow
Well, as a newbie, and after reading the past few pages I am not sure what is appropriate to post anymore but guess I 'll risk it lol.

I have been searching for a specific vlog that I mentioned yesterday. Still havent found the one I am looking for but I did find something I thought was interesting and wanted to share.

In an old vlog entitled "Autism Mom Doesnt Help?" at the 1 min 27 sec mark, Prisicilla says that to be a student at JSA, Autism has to be the primary diagnosis. They can have secondary dx as well, but Autism must be the first. This is interesting if it is true, because I admit I assumed that IDD had to be the primary,and I know that many of the posters here have the same opinion, so thought I'd share if interested.
That is interesting, if her primary diagnoses would change (which honestly i think would be very logical) she would have to leave JSA. Now i don't wish that on Abbie since the teachers do seem very capable but i wonder if they can really give her what she needs seeing as they are first and for most a school for kids with Autism not IDD (even if the two often mix). I have always felt like A&P exaggerated how much Abbie was doing at school and how advanced she was. I remember the vlog in which Abbie did the school lunches and i just remember thinking that i saw no benefit to her doing it (other than keeping her busy). Assa was all happy about it because it was another step in her becoming independent :censored:

The only thing i noticed was that like many other activities she does she just wasn't interested and simply followed prompts (if she was focussed that is). Just like P mentioned Abbie was going to take a health class with other girls her age, all meant to prepare her for some kind of independence later on. Again i thought, why? Abbie doesn't understand the necessity for personal hygiene, you can teach her how to apply deodorant but that is not going to make her independent because she still won't do it until you tell her to.

They constantly talk about Abbie learning things that will help her to become independent but unless a miracle happens she is never going to be independent so why do they focus so much on those type of skills in both school and therapy?

Reactions: 13
Oh Lord, they've gained almost 10k subscribers this week. They're *almost* to 500k- will probably hit that before the weekend.

I wonder what bougie thing they'll splurge on for their inevitable "celebration". Maybe another new car, or an extension on the house? Surely not anything to, I dunno, aid their daughter- the main reason why they started all of this in the first place.

Reactions: 10

More lies.
Or the doctor who did the "diagnosis"
Is aware there's a "system" to be played.
For benefits, like medicaid, insurance, etc.
IMO

• Heart
So did anybody see this comment?View attachment 88043
Am I missing something? As far as I knew ISTG meant "I swear to God". If thats what he is saying that is an odd response. I also believe that he may have blocked these type of sites from Cilla's phone, but I think he is still following along. And if nothing else so are his subscribers, because I always read their comments (and have for 2 years) and rarely have I ever seen IDD mentioned at all. Occasionally, but not often, and its been a hot topic here the past few days.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.