Fathering Autism #42 Life jackets are for dogs. These parents are self absorbed hogs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MaidenX....I might have this too. These examples are closer to what I’ve dealt with, just not as severe. It’s almost like I’m plagued & then distracted by light when I’m reading. I have to keep my screen brightness on low. I’ve hated trying to explain my issues at eye dr’s & not get any answers. I had assumed it was age & my need for progressive lenses. Regular reading glasses (1.5) don’t work for me. I’ll bring this up at my next appt. Do you have to change your phone or computer settings?

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Stumbled upon this FA Q&A live video. It’s quite lengthy (almost 2 hrs) but extremely informative. Priscilla actually looks happy and engaged here. Abbie couldn’t be controlled. Asa was well, Asa. Isaiah seems young and naive. Wow, what a difference 2-3 years on YT has made.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
As it was said by A regarding the 'nice lady' visit that people had accused S of being inappropriate with Abi why was she not there, surely they would want to speak to her regarding the allegations.

Is P the only person Abi attacks physically ?

The last vlog title said 'Don't Take This From Us'.....what is he on about, the money, the boat, the house, it's ambiguous wording and odd.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
As it was said by A regarding the 'nice lady' visit that people had accused S of being inappropriate with Abi why was she not there, surely they would want to speak to her regarding the allegations.

Is P the only person Abi attacks physically ?

The last vlog title said 'Don't Take This From Us'.....what is he on about, the money, the boat, the house, it's ambiguous wording and odd.
There have been a couple of videos where Abbie was shown attacking Asa, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt or digging her nails into him. He's also told the vlog about some incidents that happened off camera. I don't recall if she's ever attacked Isaiah but it's possible.

As for the vlog title, I think it's mostly to get attention and to get ppl to click on the video. Not necessarily clickbait but pretty close to it. It's kinda on the line. Asshat constantly puts titles that are either clickbait, close to clickbait, or just plain odd. His 'youtube guy' probably suggested it to him.

Reactions: 11
@PinkMarshmellow
I understand the sensory issue aspect of it and I didn't mean to imply that Abbie should be just forced to endure it when she's being overwhelmed by something and reacting to being overwhelmed. That's not fair to her and it's not right.
I was referring to times when it's clear that she's not actually in distress but just doesn't feel like doing something like helping to put away dishes or groceries (altho, she hasn't been asked to do either of those in a while. I'm just using them as examples) and she'll sign 'bathroom' repeatedly to try to get out of it.
I also think there are times when sensory issues can't be helped or avoided and altho it's best to try to accomodate Abbie and help her out as often as possible, there are going to be times when it isn't possible. She does have sensory issues but she can still have chores to help around the house. She more than likely won't want to do or enjoy those chores but there aren't many kids who do enjoy it.

I remember back when Miss Brandi was working with Abbie a lot and Abbie would keep signing break or bathroom, Brandi would tell her she could have a break for 1 - 2 minutes and then they were going to continue with the task. With A&P, it seems like they just give in and give up and don't make her finish up whatever they asked her to do.
I think what you said is very good, but it could also possibly be due to motor skills issues too. If Abbie is trying to scrub dishes (for example, I thinks she did that in a vlog with Brandi) trying to get out of doing something like that would be understandable - since we all know A&P are the same parents who took her out of OT *due* to her low muscle tone..wtf! (Don't 100% quote me on this, but I'm almost certain it was in a vlog somewhere)

So that kind of task would likely be very difficult for her and she would get frustrated and perhaps overwhelmed..does that make sense?
I also just realised something..maybe Abbie signs break because she *associates* it with not having a follow up?? Eg if she's doing the dishes, goes to the toilet them comes back and does some sweeping (like I would) then it wouldn't really be thought or talked or complained about/ignored, would it? But Asshog (I love that nickname now too!) and Pissy don't follow through, so Abbie remembers this and thinks 'h, bathroom, it means I can go and then my parents will forget about what I was doing beforehand" kind of thing, you know what I mean?

Whereas listening to her each time she needs to go would not only help her understand how to use it, it would also be listening to her requests and attempts at communication, and it would also mean she - if you went back to the previous task, and helped her through said task- wouldn't use it to get out of things, so would go to the bathroom when needed but then if it's not needed she would learn that sitting there for ages for no reason isn't helpful. Hopefully that makes sense :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@PinkMarshmellow

I think what you said is very good, but it could also possibly be due to motor skills issues too. If Abbie is trying to scrub dishes (for example, I thinks she did that in a vlog with Brandi) trying to get out of doing something like that would be understandable - since we all know A&P are the same parents who took her out of OT *due* to her low muscle tone..wtf! (Don't 100% quote me on this, but I'm almost certain it was in a vlog somewhere)

So that kind of task would likely be very difficult for her and she would get frustrated and perhaps overwhelmed..does that make sense?
I also just realised something..maybe Abbie signs break because she *associates* it with not having a follow up?? Eg if she's doing the dishes, goes to the toilet them comes back and does some sweeping (like I would) then it wouldn't really be thought or talked or complained about/ignored, would it? But Asshog (I love that nickname now too!) and Pissy don't follow through, so Abbie remembers this and thinks 'h, bathroom, it means I can go and then my parents will forget about what I was doing beforehand" kind of thing, you know what I mean?

Whereas listening to her each time she needs to go would not only help her understand how to use it, it would also be listening to her requests and attempts at communication, and it would also mean she - if you went back to the previous task, and helped her through said task- wouldn't use it to get out of things, so would go to the bathroom when needed but then if it's not needed she would learn that sitting there for ages for no reason isn't helpful. Hopefully that makes sense :)
It does make sense, thank you! :)
You're definitely right that Abbie needs to be listened to, more. Far too often, A&P will dismiss or ignore her attempts at communicating with them. Abbie ends up being upset and frustrated (understandably), and A&P think she's just being defiant or just in a bad mood and they say they have no idea why. While it's true that because Abbie is non-verbal and doesn't communicate the way NT ppl do that it can be extremely difficult and at times impossible to know what goes on in her mind or her reasons behind things. But it seems A&P don't even put in the effort to attempt to understand why. They don't appear to consider things like you've described. I think the most they've done in that area is to say that she didn't get enough sleep and is grumpy/irritated as a result, or her hormones are acting up. While those two things are probably true some of the time, they aren't the reasons all the time or for every time she gets upset/overwhelmed. Either they genuinely don't get it or they don't want to get it. Maybe both??

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It does make sense, thank you! :)
You're definitely right that Abbie needs to be listened to, more. Far too often, A&P will dismiss or ignore her attempts at communicating with them. Abbie ends up being upset and frustrated (understandably), and A&P think she's just being defiant or just in a bad mood and they say they have no idea why. While it's true that because Abbie is non-verbal and doesn't communicate the way NT ppl do that it can be extremely difficult and at times impossible to know what goes on in her mind or her reasons behind things. But it seems A&P don't even put in the effort to attempt to understand why. They don't appear to consider things like you've described. I think the most they've done in that area is to say that she didn't get enough sleep and is grumpy/irritated as a result, or her hormones are acting up. While those two things are probably true some of the time, they aren't the reasons all the time or for every time she gets upset/overwhelmed. Either they genuinely don't get it or they don't want to get it. Maybe both??
Woaahh the last sentence! Yep, you write verrrry well! 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think this would be a great title for the new thread.
The honking in last nights vlog got to me, they ignored her the whole time!! It's obvious she wanted something (food) perhaps, or the bathroom and she was ignored!! They were to busy bitching about the trolls and explaining the work R!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Good Morning/ Afternoon / Evening depending on where you are 🙂
117336065_10221174075155214_1257423285432109198_n.jpg

I thought he made a cute addition to the naughty corner 😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Asa leading his minions around and after the DFS visit.. I didn’t realize they caught him on camer
69D07298-742F-441C-BAEE-F53584675F54.jpeg

I hated to hear MD has closed her YT page.. :(

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The whole dork vs the R word fiasco has fascinated me.
When it started a few days ago I didnt go back and listen at all. Tonight was the first night I heard it, because I didnt catch it in the original vlog.
It would be a great study about the power of suggestion. I remember back in college my Abnormal Psych prof did this in our class.....but we had no idea it was being done. He dimmed the lights and told us we were going to see a law enforcement video of three armed black men robbing a store. We watch the brief clip and he then turns the lights on and asks what we saw. We saw the guns, we saw the clerks fear, we saw the men were well dressed. What NO ONE saw was that one of the three men was white. By suggesting/telling us there were three black men, thats what we saw...our focus wasnt on their features because we were already told they were black.
So I didnt listen to the D vs R....just the suggestion of the R word would be enough for many people to hear it.
Just like the suggestion Abbie was wet the other day, and she wasnt.
There will never be a meeting of the minds. We all heard what we heard. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
me too and exactly! That link I posted talking about yanni thing explained that portion...suggestion of a word.

Reactions: 5
So Assa’s behaviour in last nights vlog would be considered a tantrum, not a meltdown? 🤣

i feel for MD and I don’t blame her for a second for bowing out of the toxic place she found herself. I think it is good she is going to take care of herself. As previously posted, I thought the R word video was a bummer and the butt grabbing didn’t go anywhere as she was so unwell. Plus I think Summer means well but I think the fact that she is using Abbie as well in her social media platforms is wrong. That poor child has to perform on how many platforms???
I think, MS’s Lipstick review, although her language & emotion were very charged, were valid. the same with the life jacket. She was bullied off the net

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Assa did talk a little more about the specific CPS allegations tonight.
"They have sexualized Summer and Abbie's relationship", he said.
In my mind, out of all the allegations, this is the most serious.
Summer is an adult who could go to adult prison if she's charged and convicted on sexual battery of a minor.
CPS has the videos of the inappropriate touching, spooning and grabbing
I guess at this point it's up to them to decide whether or not to show them to a District or Prosecuting Attorney.
THIS is Summer's wake up call.
If she's too dense to not walk away after this, there is no hope for her. At all. IMO.
If it's all innocent fun, and nothing weird is going on, it should STILL be a wake up call for Summer.
If it's what it looks like, she deserves whatever they throw at her.
IMO

Thank you! I see he didn't address the ass grab, made no excuses for it. Almost seemed like he was avoiding it.

Reactions: 17
I could bet money on it that volleyball girls do that. Summer is just young & naive to the people watching from all over the world, where some might take those actions & twist them. We know it’s twisted because there’s nothing sexual about it. End of story! Again, move along to KF if you want to “go there.”

Abbie is a child, a severely disabled one, not a college volleyball player. No reason at all for anyone especially a caregiver to hug her that way, or go in for a mouth kiss.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.