Fathering Autism #4 BabyMama wants her dues, autism being used

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I just think differently but there is no way on God’s green earth I would have taken any of these kids to Disney. Poor Ella looked so miserable. Abby is just so delayed she doesn’t know whats going on around her and the other little girl seemed so out of it. Just seems that this would not be enjoyable for them but maybe I just don’t understand their degrees of autism. It’s hard enough taking young kids to Disney who have no disabilities. I live about 30 min from Disneyland and always took my kids when they were younger but was sometimes challenging and they had no disabilities. Priscilla just needs to suck it up and stop complaining about the DAS there. Obviously you bring 18 people with all kids involved having disabilities and its not going to be a picnic. Like I said maybe It’s just me but this was a dumb idea. Hope I didn’t offend anyone but I just don’t understand the need to take these kids places that stress them out more.

I’m on the fence about it. Exposure therapy is important but so is knowing your child’s limits. I don’t think Abbie should be limited in anything she does, but also if she has sensory issues and doesn't like wearing headphones or doesn’t understand her surroundings, wouldn’t it be best to avoid those situations?

I agree, I think kids and adults like Abbie are often underestimated in their ability to understand things. She does appear to understand basic instructions, she can misinterpret certain things as most autistics do, but on the whole, she's a good listener. I definitely think she's not being given the correct help to fulfill her potential. I think she needs encouraged with the abilities that she has, that way she will either maintain or increase her abilities. Abbie does have a voice, just not a verbal one and often when she's' trying to communicate she's being ignored and misinterpreted. A&P need to do a lot of work to understand nuances involved and look at everything to do with autism outside of the basic things; sensory etc.

That person commenting has no idea about the autistic community. Most of us have no problem with people knowing we are autistic. Generally speaking, the autistic community (at least online) embrace our identities. It's not a disease, but it is intrinsically a part of who we are whilst acknowledging the difficulties we can encounter.

EDIT: Just noticed that person that commented is same age as Abbie (14) so I can forgive them for their comment.

EDIT2: Though that person is right! They do exploit her. I just disagree with the first part of their comment slightly just for the autistic community as a whole, but most of us aren't exploited online by our parents. It's funny they've been told they are disgusting by a kid.
I think the person has a point. Abbie is more than her diagnosis. Autism is a plug for them, most of the videos aren’t even educational. Focusing only on her Autism has become circus like for them. They could name the video “A family trip to Disney” but instead they say “Autism at Disney” yet they never even talk about Autism at Disney. He says he does it so ppl can find their videos. Well, if the name being Fathering Autism isn't a clue, I don’t know what is. But that’s YouTube for you, it’s all clickbait.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
She was super happy....then he explains why she kept signing to go to the bathroom. Makes no sense. Talking out of both sides of your face Ace.

• Angry
I also notice how the only mom in that group who showed genuine love to their kid was Stacey from the Wee family. She is the only mature one. She doesn't really interact much with P or Lauren. I bet she sees right through them.
P...you are way too phony for me to stomach.
They made a video yesterday titled “Spending the day with Fathering Autism, should we move to Florida?”

I commented and said “No, your sweet family should stay away from the maass and their scamish behavior”

I deleted it though.

Of course Priscilla commented and said they should move their because they have all the things.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
The Disney trip was planned for the soul purpose of business. He figured by combining all of the family vloggers "pretend friends" with their stupid t shirts, that it would get more followers. The Maass squad would appear on the other vlogs thus gaining more followers..etc
Nothing A and P do is genuine or in the best interest of anyone but themselves period.
Trust me, the bottom WILL fall out in the next little while. Nothing lasts forever.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
The Disney trip was planned for the soul purpose of business. He figured by combining all of the family vloggers "pretend friends" with their stupid t shirts, that it would get more followers. The Maass squad would appear on the other vlogs thus gaining more followers..etc
Nothing A and P do is genuine or in the best interest of anyone but themselves period.
Trust me, the bottom WILL fall out in the next little while. Nothing lasts forever.

patiently waiting for the day

• Angry
Reactions: 13
They made a video yesterday titled “Spending the day with Fathering Autism, should we move to Florida?”

I commented and said “No, your sweet family should stay away from the maass and their scamish behavior”

I deleted it though.

Of course Priscilla commented and said they should move their because they have all the things.
I saw this
20200214_100558.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I think it’s rude they invited themselves to their trip. Of course the Wee family won’t say no because they probably want the exposure but omg The Maass family and Brazee family are a bit obnoxious.

And to think the Wee family probably can’t afford multiple trips to Disney World and they totally got bombarded by Asa and his selfie stick.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
I think they wanted to give the impression the kids had a good time at Disney. I wonder how many meltdowns they actually had?

I wonder if exposure therapy even works for autism or IDD? Even if it does you should start with small exposures and slowly work up... Disneyland is the mother of all exposures.. up there with that hockey game. Most people would be over exposed in those environments even without autism..

One of the little girls kept plugging her ears and looked miserable. Abbie goes between looking like she was about to melt down.. to quick smile, to exhaustion... and most likely clueless of where she was and that it was supposed to be fun. I noticed her very quickly getting off of the ride they had her on. What would they have done if she had a meltdown in the middle of it and tried to climb out or something?

Its just unreal how selfish those people are.. its all about more viewers, content and $$$$. .. very little about autism ..Those other families are probably eyeing that exploitation $$$$$ as well.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I think the person has a point. Abbie is more than her diagnosis. Autism is a plug for them, most of the videos aren’t even educational. Focusing only on her Autism has become circus like for them. They could name the video “A family trip to Disney” but instead they say “Autism at Disney” yet they never even talk about Autism at Disney. He says he does it so ppl can find their videos. Well, if the name being Fathering Autism isn't a clue, I don’t know what is. But that’s YouTube for you, it’s all clickbait.
Yeah, they definitely do have a point. In the beginning their videos were better and more educational, now it's become a machine of making $$ and nothing more.

I didn't pick up on the name of the video initially "Autism at Disney", what does Abbie have a bag of autism with her and bringing it to Disney? Actually on thinking about it more, the whole comment is correct, the way the Maass project the autism on the channel is absurd. Autism isn't a separate entity and Abbie is Abbie. If they wanted autism to be the focus, do it in a respectful way.

I think some autistic people do their own channels and spread the message about accessibility and educational stuff. I like all that and think it's needed, but what the Maass' do isn't that, and plus they are exploiting their daughter.

I also noticed that there was no mention in the video description of Paddle4Autism who supplied 4 of their passes. It's absolutely appalling that they won't recognise the efforts of a charity that helped them be there.

Re the DAS stuff, surely if you are going there with a large contingent you'd expect to have to wait a while and they should've been prepared for that. The system won't be perfect and I'm sure Disney have had a lot of meetings and contact from other people about it in the past. Dunno why A&P think they are the ones that can make changes. They for sure have delusions of grandeur

Last edited:
  • Angry
Did anyone catch the video, I think it was a story on IG, of P running out of the garage?? Kudos to a nonscale victory but ugh spare us the footage next time :sick:

• Haha
  • Wow
Yeah, they definitely do have a point. In the beginning their videos were better and more educational, now it's become a machine of making $$ and nothing more.

I didn't pick up on the name of the video initially "Autism at Disney", what does Abbie have a bag of autism with her and bringing it to Disney? Actually on thinking about it more, the whole comment is correct, the way the Maass project the autism on the channel is absurd. Autism isn't a separate entity and Abbie is Abbie. If they wanted autism to be the focus, do it in a respectful way.

I think some autistic people do their own channels and spread the message about accessibility and educational stuff. I like all that and think it's needed, but what the Maass' do isn't that, and plus they are exploiting their daughter.
they could have done a really educational video about Disney. fully explain the DAS pass, not just throwing up some text about it, talk about managing crowds, any specific sensory issues they encountered, how the kids reacted to different rides, you know, "all the things". but why do that when he could just pat himself on the back for some edits and a fancy camera?

• Angry
I just posted a question on their Disney vlog asking when did Disney start allowing selfie sticks for cameras, I guess they will block me now.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
they could have done a really educational video about Disney. fully explain the DAS pass, not just throwing up some text about it, talk about managing crowds, any specific sensory issues they encountered, how the kids reacted to different rides, you know, "all the things". but why do that when he could just pat himself on the back for some edits and a fancy camera?
So according to Disney they have "break areas". As you say, this would've been a fantastic opportunity to educate on what they have available and not just sit and moan about it all. Did they even utilise the break areas? If they did why didn't we hear about them, or see them? Anyone watching will have no idea about it unless they research themselves.

1581697299818.png
1581697622880.png

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I just posted a question on their Disney vlog asking when did Disney start allowing selfie sticks for cameras, I guess they will block me now.
I dunno, I posted at least 3-4 comments about lovechild that stayed up for some time before I got blocked on the big sweep with the one he responded on a few days ago.

• Angry
So according to Disney they have "break areas". As you say, this would've been a fantastic opportunity to educate on what they have available and not just sit and moan about it all. Did they even utilise the break areas? If they did why didn't we hear about them, or see them? Anyone watching will have no idea about it unless they research themselves.

View attachment 83999View attachment 84002
that would have been a great thing to talk about! I was actually wondering if they had anything like that, so thank you for that. sad when a post here is more educational than his whole video about disney. I bet those kids could have definitely used those areas during that day - like when Abbie was signing bathroom repeatedly, and they knew she was doing this because she wanted a calm area... and then they ignored her and carried on.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
So basically Priscilla’s new insta and channel name is annoying because the words stuff and things are too similar to me.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
that would have been a great thing to talk about! I was actually wondering if they had anything like that, so thank you for that. sad when a post here is more educational than his whole video about disney. I bet those kids could have definitely used those areas during that day - like when Abbie was signing bathroom repeatedly, and they knew she was doing this because she wanted a calm area... and then they ignored her and carried on.
Yep and I'm not even planning on going to Disney, this info is all easily found via Google within seconds. A&P should have known about this, and searched out the Break Areas on the guides that are available. Seems like they don't actually care about education and helping the wider autistic community/families with autistic kids. They are pushing their kids to extremes, exposure therapy can be good in some cases, but to make it effective it has to be gradual, not a massive all day event like this.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Did anyone catch the video, I think it was a story on IG, of P running out of the garage?? Kudos to a nonscale victory but ugh spare us the footage next time :sick:
YES. I never want to see those elephant legs thundering toward the camera ever again. 😱

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.