Fathering Autism #31 No social distance. We are immune. Photoshop'd pics allow P to consume

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so sorry you went through this. I am glad you got out.
Admitting we were at the end of the line keeping my brother out of assisted living was really hard. I hadn't seen him for a long time. My husband wouldn't let me go over. Then there was the incident that led to him being hospitalized. My husband and my brother's caretaker tried to make a go of it and then both agreed they were fearing for their own safety. There was a moment where my brother was raging and was between them and the door to leave and they were both scared. That's when they both agreed that the neighbors were at risk and anyone who went there was at risk. We have my brother's cat here. Sweet cat. As far as I know, my brother was always good to it. I have an appointment to have the cat get checked by the vet and I've asked they check for signs she's been abused. I don't want to know. but we need to make sure we know her health history and understand how she's lived. And we are clearing the condo to rent it to a grad student next year.
The hate mail and calls from my relatives who think they have all the answers has been really vicious. I've blocked their phone numbers, emails facebook... I most likely will cut off all contact. I'm tired of people who haven't had to live with it telling me how it should be done. My husband's family is good to me and Mom understands we've done all we could. She's afraid of him, too.
Same situation. There was money and excellent insurance for therapies and care. But the aggressive/violent behavior was allowed to persist. I've known since I could see the big picture where this was all headed. Right now it is the main thing that upsets me about A&P. They claim to be experts and act like they captured autism on betamax, but they've really done nothing to teach Abbie that it isn't okay to hurt other people. They don't work on behaviors that make being in any group difficult (grabbing food). All the money in the world won't give her a good future if that doesn't change.

In response to this comment: “EVERY child that is allowed to act this way without consequences, one day will be an aggressive, mean and selfcentered adult. They all have to learn, autistic or not.”

I was married to a guy who had a very strange childhood. He was adopted as a baby; however his mother was diagnosed with lung cancer when he was four and was in and out of hospitals until she died 17 years later. I remember coming over to the house and seeing her in a oxygen tent. She couldn’t make it to his high school graduation, so I took her place. It was very sad. By the way, his father re-married two months after his mother died.

Through all this (they also adopted a daughter when my ex-husband was 8), they pretty much did nothing about his rages and very damaging behavior. He even put ice cubes in the housekeeper’s bathtub, among other things. He punched holes in walls all throughout our 15 year relationship (9 year marriage), broke my arm, punches, etc. of course shortly after having both babies, I left him. I don’t know if he controlled his rages and/or tried to get help. He ended up dying alone last year(they found his body a few days after death), I think from an overdose.

Sorry about the very long story, but I believe this is a result from parents not obtaining behavioral help for him. And they were very wealthy, so it’s not like couldn’t afford therapies, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That face says “caught red handed “

LOL too funny!! It looks like that 2nd dish is Asa's She has spaghetti in her dish where the salad is lol
View attachment 166107
😂😂 She is at a stall y’all. I read it as IN a stall at first..🤣 I am sure she will be In a stall at some point in the future. Pelaton Vlogs coming soon! I can’t wait to see her trying to ride this bike. 😂
She had no choice but to say she's at a stall!! Since we all noticed the weight gain I am guessing she got smart and started eating healthy again, now Pelaton days will be here, I'm guessing we will see more of exercising and eating healthy! I may be wrong, we shall see!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The medical term for babies that are non-thrivers is failure to thrive. I did dig through the early videos looking for that term as pertaining to Abbie. If she had that, I would think it would be affecting her now. Non-thriving is not really a term we would use officially. If you know of a defiant child, for example, they most often refuse to change and learn. In Abbies case based off of what we have seen she does not comply with her parents around. Look at the JSA footage. When she sees her family she knows she can get away with anything so she does. Non-thrivers usually lack muscle tone and do not have the brain power to be able to keep and retain ever. They are rare in my opinion and most of it can go back to not following through at all times at home. My class only has 2 autism diagnoses but both have grown so much this year it’s crazy. I can’t take credit it was 100% home school based due to the illness. I hope that answers the question.
Failure to thrive isnt a term applicable to children like Abbie....or any with Autism, IDD or other developmental disabilities. Failure to thrive starts almost from birth, and is based upon the childs size and nutrition, and ability to aborsb proper nutrients and maintain milestone growth, both biologically and physically. There are certain medical conditions that can result in FTT, like food allergies, etc., but not mental health issues like autism or IDD. FTT is also very frequently found in low income families, and in cases of neglect. If a parent doesnt have the means to properly nourish a child, or knowingly chooses not to feed the infant, FTT is very very common. FFT children cannot be mistaken. I witnessed a 5 month old who never moved. Never cried. Smiled. Laughed. Nothing. She simply sat in an infant seat, and looked a few months old instead of five. She later died.

Edited to Add: Autism and IDD are referred to as Mental Health Issues as they are neuro.....Medical conditions are things like MS, cancer, asthma, etc. I am in no way implying that Autism or IDD, ADHD is "mentally ill", but they are not a medical conditon either.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
When you add up how much you spend daily at Dunkin each week, you’d be astounded at the cost. It was definitely money I should have spent elsewhere. Now it’s once maybe twice a week. I mostly use my keurig which is basically 12 cents a cup vs spending 2.40 for a lg tea ( I dislike coffee) and I’m still getting that bold black tea flavor at a cheaper cost.
I dread to think what the Massives spend per week at Dunkin plus the cost of petrol to get there and back. They make out they are so philanthropic by very occasionally dishing stuff out to the homeless but I would respect them a little if they gave up Dunkin for a month and donate the money saved to a good cause.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Admitting we were at the end of the line keeping my brother out of assisted living was really hard. I hadn't seen him for a long time. My husband wouldn't let me go over. Then there was the incident that led to him being hospitalized. My husband and my brother's caretaker tried to make a go of it and then both agreed they were fearing for their own safety. There was a moment where my brother was raging and was between them and the door to leave and they were both scared. That's when they both agreed that the neighbors were at risk and anyone who went there was at risk. We have my brother's cat here. Sweet cat. As far as I know, my brother was always good to it. I have an appointment to have the cat get checked by the vet and I've asked they check for signs she's been abused. I don't want to know. but we need to make sure we know her health history and understand how she's lived. And we are clearing the condo to rent it to a grad student next year.
The hate mail and calls from my relatives who think they have all the answers has been really vicious. I've blocked their phone numbers, emails facebook... I most likely will cut off all contact. I'm tired of people who haven't had to live with it telling me how it should be done. My husband's family is good to me and Mom understands we've done all we could. She's afraid of him, too.
Same situation. There was money and excellent insurance for therapies and care. But the aggressive/violent behavior was allowed to persist. I've known since I could see the big picture where this was all headed. Right now it is the main thing that upsets me about A&P. They claim to be experts and act like they captured autism on betamax, but they've really done nothing to teach Abbie that it isn't okay to hurt other people. They don't work on behaviors that make being in any group difficult (grabbing food). All the money in the world won't give her a good future if that doesn't change.
I cannot imagine how difficult all of that has been. Seriously. Its so hard not buckle under pressure from our families, and harder to have the strength to stand firm and do what is not only best for you, but also whats best for him. You are a rockstar.

• Heart
She had no choice but to say she's at a stall!! Since we all noticed the weight gain I am guessing she got smart and started eating healthy again, now Pelaton days will be here, I'm guessing we will see more of exercising and eating healthy! I may be wrong, we shall see!!
Perhaps! I am sure it will eventually fall to the wayside much like the treadmill, walking, zumba, etc. I seriously doubt 🐷 is going to be a consistent, dedicated individual on the Magical Pelaton.

That made me laugh - you mean in a cow stall?
EXACTLY!!!😂 😝😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I said earlier I had been wondering how it was going. I hope you know I have been hoping you found resolution and peace with the situation. It’s time for you to do you. Who cares what anyone else thinks? This is why I have considered placing my IDD NOS son at about 21 years or so. My other children did not bear this child and I refuse to let my other kids be or feel responsible for him or my PKD son. I was blessed to have a very happy son in him. He almost never cries and he can communicate well. I wish you the best and I think you are a fantastic sister, and person.

• Heart
All the discussion about insensitivity and poor impulse control by someone building an empire got me to thinking. I am not a twitter user, admitting I truly don’t understand the workings of the twitter world. BUT I do know, (due to a company I work for) when you want something brought to the attention of a company you hashtag the company and post the video, photo or experience you need that company to be aware of/respond to. Somehow that gets their PR people or whomever on it right away, to keep the company from getting bad publicity.
Just throwing this nugget out there in case anyone is interested in sharing the offensive TikToks where someone is using black accents and offensive language. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Perhaps! I am sure it will eventually fall to the wayside much like the treadmill, walking, zumba, etc. I seriously doubt 🐷 is going to be a consistent, dedicated individual on the Magical Pelaton.

EXACTLY!!!😂 😝😂

EXACTLY!!!😂 😝😂
If you want to call that a real treadmill. The thing looked like it was made for a toddler! Probably had a weight limit, most do, but, seriously, lol it was very tiny!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@Sam-I-Am got her riled up. I have a feeling no one has ever been real with Priscilla, hence why she can’t take criticism at all. This has pissed her off because she knows deep down she’s not losing weight, she knows Assa is photoshopping her pics, and she can’t really hide that she isn’t losing weight much longer. No matter how many ppl tell her she has a skinny waist, in reality it’s just not the case.

These people aren’t consistent but Priscilla has a point to prove. I think she MIGHT actually start exercising. We’ll see.

• Haha
  • Wow
All the discussion about insensitivity and poor impulse control by someone building an empire got me to thinking. I am not a twitter user, admitting I truly don’t understand the workings of the twitter world. BUT I do know, (due to a company I work for) when you want something brought to the attention of a company you hashtag the company and post the video, photo or experience you need that company to be aware of/respond to. Somehow that gets their PR people or whomever on it right away, to keep the company from getting bad publicity.
Just throwing this nugget out there in case anyone is interested in sharing the offensive TikToks where someone is using black accents and offensive language. 🤷‍♀️
Cultural appropriation is, I think, the right term and they should have the black community jumping on them for doing it.

• Heart
Failure to thrive isnt a term applicable to children like Abbie....or any with Autism, IDD or other developmental disabilities. Failure to thrive starts almost from birth, and is based upon the childs size and nutrition, and ability to aborsb proper nutrients and maintain milestone growth, both biologically and physically. There are certain medical conditions that can result in FTT, like food allergies, etc., but not mental health issues like autism or IDD. FTT is also very frequently found in low income families, and in cases of neglect. If a parent doesnt have the means to properly nourish a child, or knowingly chooses not to feed the infant, FTT is very very common. FFT children cannot be mistaken. I witnessed a 5 month old who never moved. Never cried. Smiled. Laughed. Nothing. She simply sat in an infant seat, and looked a few months old instead of five. She later died.

Edited to Add: Autism and IDD are referred to as Mental Health Issues as they are neuro.....Medical conditions are things like MS, cancer, asthma, etc. I am in no way implying that Autism or IDD, ADHD is "mentally ill", but they are not a medical conditon either.
Yes thank you! I am trained in teaching not therapies or medically. Non-thrives are totally different than failure to thrive. If I gave the impression they were linked it was not my intention. I live near big Amish populations and have had many of them in my class. Due to the small gene pool, the kids have serious syndromes and medical conditions. A very rare yet common syndrome is GM-3. It’s a protein condition where babies are born healthy but stall out in infancy. That would have been a better example of what I meant by non-thriver.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
View attachment 166107
😂😂 She is at a stall y’all. I read it as IN a stall at first..🤣 I am sure she will be In a stall at some point in the future. Pelaton Vlogs coming soon! I can’t wait to see her trying to ride this bike. 😂
Yes
Caution! WATCH OUT 🚧🚏⚠!
To every: man, woman, child and animal in or near that house, cause it won't be pretty 🦖. I seriously doubt that they will show her using it for more than maybe a second in the vlog. Or just pull their usual script...."hey what were you doing"- "oh, I just got off my daily 40 minute Pelaton workout" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yes thank you! I am trained in teaching not therapies or medically. Non-thrives are totally different than failure to thrive. If I gave the impression they were linked it was not my intention. I live near big Amish populations and have had many of them in my class. Due to the small gene pool, the kids have serious syndromes and medical conditions. A very rare yet common syndrome is GM-3. It’s a protein condition where babies are born healthy but stall out in infancy. That would have been a better example of what I meant by non-thriver.
That's very interesting about the Amish - they fascinate me. Do they have a high incidence of IDD and autistic children?

Reactions: 8
Did P actually tell someone buying Slimelife from her is better than going to a department store where the person is only there for their paycheck????? How on God's green earth does she not get that irony??

I wonder if someone could monitor the platforms and screenshot all the comments that would get deleted before they get a chance to do it and post them all on another blog.....so people can see the truth. By deleting all the comments they are truly deceiving the people who get duped into sending them gifts and buying their crap by making it seem like they are just stellar, upstanding and beloved people.
Nice P, put down a person working an honest job! You don’t have to put down others to build yourself up! What a joke! She’s a joke!

Reactions: 10
That's very interesting about the Amish - they fascinate me. Do they have a high incidence of IDD and autistic children?
Yes they do. It has been addressed with the communities through special hospitals such as The Clinic for Special Children in Pennsylvania (not sure it’s still named that). We also have a program here that shares information and treats children. There are more young people branching out to different Amish communities to find a partner and issues have been on the decline for about 10 years. I really only have basic knowledge on medical and therapy issues.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.