Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This video was recommended to me and I thought it was relevant to the lawsuit discussion we were having here.

Reactions: 3
I want to heart/co-sign everything in this comment. The very basics of helping an individual, regardless if they're ND or NT, is understanding what is driving a certain behavior. If your child is engaging in head banging (for example), stopping/redirecting the behavior without finding out what is causing it (over/under stimulation, pain, attention-seeking, inability to deal with strong emotion, etc) will only act as a band-aid job.
I think this is why they haven't been successful with trying to control or at least tone down her yelling stim. Asa (inconsistently, of course, which only further mucks things up) simply tells her to go to her room if she wants to yell. As you said, this is a band-aid solution and a very poor one at that. I don't think Abbie grasps what exactly he wants her to do... she just knows that he (sometimes) tells her to go to her room when she's yelling. Then other times he doesn't do anything when she's yelling downstairs. Mixed messages for her. If he and Priscilla aren't willing to try to figure out what is causing it and also aren't consistent with dealing with it, it's only going to continue. I think Abbie probably has many reasons why she yells and unless they find other outlets for her and more importantly, other ways for her to communicate, the yelling will continue.

This exactly. Someone can take regular piano lessons, but unless they're practicing at home, they'll probably only achieve a limited amount of playing ability. It's the same with OT/PT/ST. I've had to end things with clients who refuse to do any follow through at home. A therapist can only do so much, if the parents don't work at maintenance at home, it's a waste of my time, their time/money, and their child's time.
👏👏👏
It isn't enough for only JSA and OT/PT/ST to be putting in the work with Abbie. Asa and P have to do it as well. Also, it would greatly help things if they didn't do things that go against what JSAetc are asking/telling them to do. For example, Abbie's habit of stealing food. There were at least two occasions on the vlogs where Abbie's teacher asked them to work on that. Then you have Asshat doing tik tok's where he encourages her to steal food.

Do I think it's possible for Abbie to become verbal? No. Do I think she's able to understand colors, ride a bike on her own, etc. Honestly, probably not. But if A&P got their tit together, I think she would be a lot more capable than she is, too. We've seen her go to do things on her own only for Asa to confuse her with orders/prompts because she's not doing it the 'right' way. Likewise, he never gives her enough processing time before pointing and/or physically redirecting her hand. While I also think Abbie can be a bit of a brat sometimes (just like most kids and adults), I think a lot of the negative behavior we're seeing is a result of her general frustration and distress with how she's treated by the family. It's not fun to watch.
Yeah. I don't think Abbie is going to become the autism success story that Asa is hoping for. A&P need to learn to accept where Abbie is in her capabilities and to focus on things that are actually beneficial for her. I think they'd be amazed at how well she would do if they focused in the right areas. Asa is just far too concerned with always being in control and things happening according to his timeline, what he thinks will look good for the vlogs etc. He is also seriously impatient - despite him claiming he doesn't care how long it takes for Abbie to do something. That a huge load of BS.
Abbie is very limited with how she's able to communicate and I think that does frustrate and upset her a lot. Especially given how often A&P dismiss or ignore her signs.

This video was recommended to me and I thought it was relevant to the lawsuit discussion we were having here.
One absolute gem in that video is where Asa says that if someone is willing to lie to you about one thing then you have to assume they're willing to lie to you about other things. Hmmm... kind of like how he lied in one of their earlier vlogs when they tell the story of how they met, when Abbie was born, and what their journey was like at the start. He and Priscilla painted a very different picture to what came out in their weepy confession video. Even in the confession video, he spun things so that HE looked like the victim in all of this, so that the leghumpers would feel sorry for him and stick by his side. He said people were messaging Isaiah and Summer, which isn't totally impossible but it's highly improbable. He flip flops on so many things I've lost count. So, it's pretty rich coming from him saying they experienced dishonesty.
Not to mention you can tell at times in this video he is trying to figure out how to phrase things so that the public school looks as evil and wrong as possible and that he and P look like the most loving, concerned, involved parents.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Cilla looks fake and Abbie looks like she's been crying. Nice Birthday Princess banner you're wearing Cill.

1590245756010.png

Meanwhile Asa is making lemon drop martinis and Cilla exclaims "Ohh I'm so excited."

1590245870408.png

I need the Magic Bike...no peddling, no steering...my kind of bike.
I have it on my Christmas wish list. Next to the Magic Vacuum.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I know with my two grandchildren (one from each one of my kids), if they need any kind of financial help with their kids, I’m always willing to extend a helping hand (or wallet). My parents did this for me with my kids (they even bought me a house and car with cash) and my grandparents helped out with me and my sister. Why couldn’t her parents or his parents help out with hiring an at home teacher/tutor, back then. I guess I have lived a privileged life, but I was brought up with the idea of families being generous If they could afford it. Don’t her parents have bucks?
"Bucks" will do nothing for you. Good parents don't enable their children, they raise them to be able to make a living on their own. It has something to do with self esteem, dignity and pride.
Of course parents should help, when their children are in existentiell troubles, but the kids should never be allowed to speculate of an easy living with their parents money.

Reactions: 6
"Bucks" will do nothing for you. Good parents don't enable their children, they raise them to be able to make a living on their own. It has something to do with self esteem, dignity and pride.
Of course parents should help, when their children are in existentiell troubles, but the kids should never be allowed to speculate of an easy living with their parents money.
Whilst I agree with you, I helped my children financially , education wise, to enable them to have the best opportunity
To get better jobs so they could support themselves as they went out on their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I retired from a job, that nobody handed to me, after 26 years. So in spite of, I guess, having privilege, a strong work ethic was instilled. And that strong work ethic, which I got from my dad, is prevailed in the next generation. My dad put me at work as a young teenager (not the job I retired from), working on Saturdays. And I stopped working, at the aforementioned job ( 26 year career) at age 62. My dad was very proud of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Did y’all catch in yesterday’s video how Isaiah wanted to give Priscilla a vacuum cleaner for her birthday but Asa wouldn’t let him? Spoke volumes of Priscilla even then.

Reactions: 9
Did y’all catch in yesterday’s video how Isaiah wanted to give Priscilla a vacuum cleaner for her birthday but Asa wouldn’t let him? Spoke volumes of Priscilla even then.
I'm not quite sure just what she would do with another vacuum.
She doesn't use the ones she's got.
Assa and Abbie do.
🐖 is a queen.
Honey.
She ain't doing domestic chores.
😁

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ok so some here say their lawsuit money is gone. So is this along the lines of the misinformation ppl are talking about or is it all assumption?
Public schoosl have to provide a free and appropriate education to children like Abby until she's 21. Since they sued the school district to pay for her education and won they should be responsible for paying the tuition until she reaches the age of 21.

Public schoosl have to provide a free and appropriate education to children like Abby until she's 21. Since they sued the school district to pay for her education and won they should be responsible for paying the tuition until she reaches the age of 21.
We don't know that for sure.
The terms of the settlement could have just been for a few years.
According to what Assa said in the vlog someone posted about the lawsuit, I think that is all it was for.
A few years.
Maybe 5.
He talked like there was a gag order on the settlement terms also.
Yet, he stated he might write a book about it after the "time passed".
Of course he's too lazy to do that, but perhaps sometime in the future, the Settlement Agreement will be available through the Freedom of Information Act.
I hope so cuz I will definitely request a copy.
😁

• Haha
I don't think she will ever be out riding by herself. She will sadly always have someone next to her pushing her and steering for her.. unless its a downhill and they let her go ...like they did for the money shot which made it look like she was moving on her own.

If she is enjoying being pushed.. thats a good thing if they are willing to push her. The fact that they are most likely not pushing her for her enjoyment but for content and views.. smoke and mirrors for the fan$$zies..
I don't think she'd even be able to know that she has to turn the handlebars to go in the direction she wants to go, and I don't think she has the hand strength to squeeze the brakes or to learn to gently squeeze to control braking. Letting her freewheeling down an incline would not be a good idea.

Reactions: 16
We don't know that for sure.
The terms of the settlement could have just been for a few years.
According to what Assa said in the vlog someone posted about the lawsuit, I think that is all it was for.
A few years.
Maybe 5.
He talked like there was a gag order on the settlement terms also.
Yet, he stated he might write a book about it after the "time passed".
Of course he's too lazy to do that, but perhaps sometime in the future, the Settlement Agreement will be available through the Freedom of Information Act.
I hope so cuz I will definitely request a copy.
😁
Yep. In the link I posted yesterday from the JAX newspaper, Duvall Co had to repay the Maass any OOP expenses they had paid for home therapy, but refused to pay the cost difference annually for JSA after the McKay scholarship was applied. The amt the school would've had to pay was $25k a year. Asa said "The difference was $100k".....so one could assume a 4 yr deal. So we pretty much know they didnt get any "settlement bucks".....if they had Medicaid they wouldnt have been paying for home therapy anyway.

I think he said that was when Isaiah was young and liked to watch infomercials on TV LOL

Cilla looks fake and Abbie looks like she's been crying. Nice Birthday Princess banner you're wearing Cill.

View attachment 136437
There is just something about 🐷 face, especially her eyes, that makes me wonder if her elevator goes to the top floor. As for Abbie, she looks like a typical teenager who is fed up with her mother's silliness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Yep. In the link I posted yesterday from the JAX newspaper, Duvall Co had to repay the Maass any OOP expenses they had paid for home therapy, but refused to pay the cost difference annually for JSA after the McKay scholarship was applied. The amt the school would've had to pay was $25k a year. Asa said "The difference was $100k".....so one could assume a 4 yr deal. So we pretty much know they didnt get any "settlement bucks".....if they had Medicaid they wouldnt have been paying for home therapy anyway.

I think he said that was when Isaiah was young and liked to watch infomercials on TV LOL
The difference of $100k was his estimating the cost to the school providing the services vs just paying for JSA. He’s saying that the staff and tools needed to provide her what is required would cost $125k or they could just pay $25k.

Reactions: 5

View attachment 136437

Meanwhile Asa is making lemon drop martinis and Cilla exclaims "Ohh I'm so excited."

View attachment 136439

There is just something about 🐷 face, especially her eyes, that makes me wonder if her elevator goes to the top floor. As for Abbie, she looks like a typical teenager who is fed up with her mother's silliness.

View attachment 136437

View attachment 136439

At least comb Abbie’s hair and put a lint roller to that damn shirt. These people are so gross. If this is how she and they are on camera, then I can only imagine what they’re like behind closed doors. Hillbillies.

• Haha
  • Heart
So many ways I can dissect your statement/ question... but I’ll take the easy way out. They can always make the TIME to homeschool her... doesn’t take much money. I know cause I had a combination of homeschooling and actual school in my early days. With two parents who seemed to work 24/7. Abbie being atypical, I can imagine that it wouldn’t take that long of your time from your day. She should at least know colors and numbers by now. And how to go to the bathroom when needed. Really doesn’t take much effort or money... just a bunch of discipline.
YES, YES, YES to this all.

They were lazy, they still are lazy.

It does not take money to teach a child, it takes time, desire, and effort, none of which these two lazy boneheads had. Well, they had the time, but not the desire, nor did they put in the effort.

The minute they heard the word Autism, they should have been researching it, figuring out what they could do for her, at home, etc. Instead, they waited for school to take care of it all, which was the lazy way. By the time she started school she should have known basic colors and much more, but nope, they did nothing proactive for her, until it became a way to make money.

They have taken the easy way out with Abbie from the start and are quick to blame everyone but themselves. Blame the schools she went to, blame the teachers because Abbie was not learning, blame everyone, except the two people that could/should have made a difference from the moment they heard that word, Autism, themselves.

Those hambeasts infuriate me!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
YES, YES, YES to this all.

They were lazy, they still are lazy.

It does not take money to teach a child, it takes time, desire, and effort, none of which these two lazy boneheads had. Well, they had the time, but not the desire, nor did they put in the effort.

The minute they heard the word Autism, they should have been researching it, figuring out what they could do for her, at home, etc. Instead, they waited for school to take care of it all, which was the lazy way. By the time she started school she should have known basic colors and much more, but nope, they did nothing proactive for her, until it became a way to make money.

They have taken the easy way out with Abbie from the start and are quick to blame everyone but themselves. Blame the schools she went to, blame the teachers because Abbie was not learning, blame everyone, except the two people that could/should have made a difference from the moment they heard that word, Autism, themselves.

Those hambeasts infuriate me!
100%!!!!!!!!
That, my friends, sums it ALL up.
Point blank.
Period.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.