Fathering Autism #24 Pullups, messy hair and dirty feet. Hambeasts can’t parent but they sho can eat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m actually really shocked that they would even put her in public school. Like you said - special ed or not! Do they understand how difficult that tit is even for a typical person? Wtf were they thinking? Just goes to show ... again, how they wanted to be selfish and greedy. They should have homeschooled her in the beginning ... but then again, there goes their free time and also lawsuit money. I wonder how much trauma /ptsd she has from those days ... ugh
I just don’t believe this. If Zilla was a full time manager at Lowes and Asa was running the motorcycle shop, when would they have had time? In addition to learning, attending school actually helps parents by having a place their child can go for 8 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I just don’t believe this. If Zilla was a full time manager at Lowes and Asa was running the motorcycle shop, when would they have had time? I’m addition to learning, attending school actually helps parents by having a place their child can go for 8 hours.
When there’s a will, there’s a way.

In some of the old vlogs I’ve seen, P looked to just be a stay at home mom. So wtf? She wasn’t pulling 40 hrs a week the way she was on those vlogs. They could have also schooled her on the weekends. They could also have hired someone to do the homeschooling rather than just “respite.” Not gonna debate this, cause I’ve seen with my own two eyes that it can be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

In some of the old vlogs I’ve seen, P looked to just be a stay at home mom. So wtf? She wasn’t pulling 40 hrs a week the way she was on those vlogs. They could have also schooled her on the weekends. They could also have hired someone to do the homeschooling rather than just “respite.” Not gonna debate this, cause I’ve seen with my own two eyes that it can be done.
I don’t know. I find it hard to judge on the whole homeschooling thing. Public school is there for parents who can’t afford other alternatives. I don’t believe they were in the position to homeschool her back then. I do believe it wasn’t entirely up to the school to teach her though.

Last edited:
I need to step away from google 🙄

According to this Abbie was almost completely potty trained using this method .
"Now that her parents have switched her to discrete trial training, however, she’s almost completely potty trained."

Guess they got tired of doing this too.
Wtf? Why are there so many articles about this damn family? They have a dangerous amount of online presence... shows how dumb they are. No wonder Isaiah was so weary about that stupid news interview the fan signed him up for. And he’s also been on the news to talk about the Guatemala trips. With one severely IDD daughter and a son who doesn’t really know his way around the world as he should... you’d think these people would not expose them as much as they do. AnP...Your son is going to college and can’t even put away or do his own laundry and you’re out here exposing him for the world to see. I have no sympathy... just good thoughts for their kids and that’s about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wtf? Why are there so many articles about this damn family? They have a dangerous amount of online presence... shows how dumb they are. No wonder Isaiah was so weary about that stupid news interview the fan signed him up for. And he’s also been on the news to talk about the Guatemala trips. With one severely IDD daughter and a son who doesn’t really know his way around the world as he should... you’d think these people would not expose them as much as they do. AnP...Your son is going to college and can’t even put away or do his own laundry and you’re out here exposing him for the world to see. I have no sympathy... just good thoughts for their kids and that’s about it.
They had Isaiah on the news when he was very young, maybe 8, ??, with his lemonade stand to raise money for Surfers With Autism.
Asa is crazy like a fox.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I've started to watch the new vlog.
What's the meaning of getting a gift from Abbie, if Abbie didn't even see the gift, let alone choose it.

• Haha
They had Isaiah on the news when he was very young, maybe 8, ??, with his lemonade stand to raise money for Surfers With Autism.
Asa is crazy like a fox.
ETA: This time period (the mid/late 00's) began the rise of the "family" shows....."John and Kate Plus 8" that Duggar Family, Little People Big World, etc., and social media was really exploding. I have zero proof, just a feeling, but I think Asa's dream was getting a call from TLC.

• Haha

I know with my two grandchildren (one from each one of my kids), if they need any kind of financial help with their kids, I’m always willing to extend a helping hand (or wallet). My parents did this for me with my kids (they even bought me a house and car with cash) and my grandparents helped out with me and my sister. Why couldn’t her parents or his parents help out with hiring an at home teacher/tutor, back then. I guess I have lived a privileged life, but I was brought up with the idea of families being generous If they could afford it. Don’t her parents have bucks?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@RocketQueen my brother has a shiba inu that I always say is “cunning as a fox.”!! Hahaha. He doesn’t bark unless needed but I’d bet he’d bark his tail off if he sees Assa.

• Haha
Assa walking around what I'm assuming is TJ Maxx buying P a bunch of discounted crap is really indicative of how much effort he puts into that marriage.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
ETA: This time period (the mid/late 00's) began the rise of the "family" shows....."John and Kate Plus 8" that Duggar Family, Little People Big World, etc., and social media was really exploding. I have zero proof, just a feeling, but I think Asa's dream was getting a call from TLC.
I agree with ya. Seems we both witnessed the reality show “shift.” Remember “Deion and pillar”, Whitney and Bobby, Kimora and russel Simmons??? All the reality shows end up in divorce or some sort of devastation. Great revenue makers though ... but still.

• Haha
I know with my two grandchildren (one from each one of my kids), if they need any kind of financial help with their kids, I’m always willing to extend a helping hand (or wallet). My parents did this for me with my kids (they even bought me a house and car with cash) and my grandparents helped out with me and my sister. Why couldn’t her parents or his parents help out with hiring an at home teacher/tutor, back then. I guess I have lived a privileged life, but I was brought up with the idea of families being generous If they could afford it. Don’t her parents have bucks?
We have never had money but we remortgaged our house for our sons education

• Heart
When I first started watching them I actually wrote to TLC that they should give them a show. I actually now see how problematic those shows are after watching “Fathering Autism”. The kids really don’t have a say in how much of their life is being shown, also they have to see their family drama in the media. Isaiah and Abbie are actually somewhat lucky it hasn’t gone beyond YouTube. Can you imagine how big of a scandal Assa second child would have been. That still must be somewhat embarrassing for Isaiah because I’m sure some of his close peers have seen the video.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm just stumbling onto all kinds of stuff lol
I don't recall seeing this link posted anywhere here
Surprised she doesn't promote this🤔
I have asked her several times about the fact that she only seems to wear clothes once or twice, and how expensive that must be, but in true FA tradition, was never given an answer. I believe, but am not sure, she had some of Abbie’s clothes on there, and it might have had some donated stuff, and someone else queried it.

Reactions: 5
It’s not their responsibility.

Tonight's vlog. 22.5.20
Sorry its super late. I fell asleep 😔😴😲
Ty for uploading

I really hope Isaiahs gift isn’t that he’s going to stay and go to community college🤦‍♀️🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It’s not their responsibility.

Ty for uploading

I really hope Isaiahs gift isn’t that he’s going to stay and go to community college🤦‍♀️🤞
You are right..but it would have been a good thing if they could afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have asked her several times about the fact that she only seems to wear clothes once or twice, and how expensive that must be, but in true FA tradition, was never given an answer. I believe, but am not sure, she had some of Abbie’s clothes on there, and it might have had some donated stuff, and someone else queried it.
It always amazed me that even when they were poor she was wearing those expensive Lane Bryant blouses. When they first started vlogging they had that old mismatched furniture and weird shelves in the TV room. The whole front room was empty. Thats how I knew they were slowing starting to earn, when they began furnishing and decorating that front room. Then they got rid of most of the old crap in the TV room. She began buying kitchen decor that looked good on the Triple P vlogs, etc. Anyway, point of this ramble is I cant imagine having empty rooms and cast off furniture while I walk around in a $50 blouse.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.