Fathering Autism #20. Toe Thumbs & Crooked Pinkies. Hiding Behind Doors to Make a Stinky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding @Mother2 @KeepinItReal516 comments on the whole lunchroom thing at Ab's school in the last thread, I don't know why they don't just have Ab eat before the other students (and if there are any other food thieves too), so that way the other kids can eat in peace and not have some other kids nasty hands grabbing for their food or possibly hurting one of them just to get to another kid's lunch. Honestly, I wonder how many kids get anxiety over having to deal with that while just trying to eat their meal in peace.

And I always thought it was so nasty that they allow her to prepare lunch, even if she's just sitting stuff on a tray or heating it up. She can't keep her hands out of her mouth, nose the floor, or her feet. She's even tried opening up people's food, it's just...ugh! It's so unsanitary.

Idk how parents haven't made more of a fuss. I know I would if my child's lunch was being manhandled and someone was eating their food.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I’m all for her pitching in, but I felt that was a bit cruel to have her take everyone’s plate to the kitchen. 🙁
I don’t think it was cruel. What’s cruel is making her do random task and not guiding her or helping her along the way. Assa was holding the camera giving commentary. Someone should have walked to the sink with her, showed her how to clean the dish and put it the sink. All she did was pile them up on each other. IMO that doesn’t help her understand the task.

She really does need consistency so she understands the task she’s doing. I think it would make sense to her if she ate dinner and then took plates to the sink more than once every few months because then she would catch on to why she’s doing it.

After watching a coupla these morning exercise sessions...I seriously wonder about Abbie's physical health. I know she has low muscle tone. This seems like so much more. Like something so very serious.
I think they should give her massages because I know her back and shoulders are in pain from all her stimming. I bet she would enjoy that. Sometimes she does this thing where she just stands there and let’s her body go limp. I wonder if that’s from exhaustion, like she’s trying to relax her muscles. (Could be a stim obviously, this is just speculation)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@lovesis If anything they should make her watch Isaiah wash the dishes after she piles them on ... to make the task make a little bit more sense to her? I always wondered what she thinks about when they make her scrub dishes and/or unload the dishwasher. If she knows to get a bowl or plate to eat, then surely this will make sense to her at some point.

Reactions: 9
He posted more old vlogs this morning that have never before scenes that only supporters saw before. Oh yes...but he doesn't ask for money? His humpinhuggers are so dam naive!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I find it interesting, and my wife says I "over analyze", is that each show is 5 minutes of Abbie, and the rest of the time he prattles on about un related nonsense. And the mother! Oh how I wish she could take a car ride with Ted Kennedy!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Regarding @Mother2 @KeepinItReal516 comments on the whole lunchroom thing at Ab's school in the last thread, I don't know why they don't just have Ab eat before the other students (and if there are any other food thieves too), so that way the other kids can eat in peace and not have some other kids nasty hands grabbing for their food or possibly hurting one of them just to get to another kid's lunch. Honestly, I wonder how many kids get anxiety over having to deal with that while just trying to eat their meal in peace.

And I always thought it was so nasty that they allow her to prepare lunch, even if she's just sitting stuff on a tray or heating it up. She can't keep her hands out of her mouth, nose the floor, or her feet. She's even tried opening up people's food, it's just...ugh! It's so unsanitary.

Idk how parents haven't made more of a fuss. I know I would if my child's lunch was being manhandled and someone was eating their food.
I think the biggest hurdle to feeding her first is she'd still go after the other's food. So it would be a matter of removing her and any others in the room to let the kids eat. I had to do that with two dogs I had. One would eat all of his food, and then go after the others. Like Sandy and Maverick they have to be separated at feeding time.

I find it interesting, and my wife says I "over analyze", is that each show is 5 minutes of Abbie, and the rest of the time he prattles on about un related nonsense. And the mother! Oh how I wish she could take a car ride with Ted Kennedy!!
Yup.
He prattles just to hear himself prattle.
😀😀😀
Car ride with Kennedy!!
😄😄😄
Hilarious. Me too!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@lovesis If anything they should make her watch Isaiah wash the dishes after she piles them on ... to make the task make a little bit more sense to her? I always wondered what she thinks about when they make her scrub dishes and/or unload the dishwasher. If she knows to get a bowl or plate to eat, then surely this will make sense to her at some point.
I think to Abbie she really can't comprehend cause and effect. She doesn't understand after I eat I put my dish in the sink and then rinse it because it has to be clean. She just knows I have to carry this object here and then she's off doing something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think the biggest hurdle to feeding her first is she'd still go after the other's food. So it would be a matter of removing her and any others in the room to let the kids eat. I had to do that with two dogs I had. One would eat all of his food, and then go after the others. Like Sandy and Maverick they have to be separated at feeding time.
Sorry, I should have been more specific when I brought up feeding her first and I left out my point of what you're saying, feed her first, then take her to another room (out of sight out of mind) to be entertained until lunchtime was over.

Reactions: 12
I love when Abbie has crazy hair lol it’s my fav ❤ usually means she’s been dancing or having fun lol 😂

A comment from a jumper 🤮

I meant a humper

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
From FA "hidden gem" previously seen only to patreon supporters. Abbie told to sit on the rocks because she "can't be jumping around and stuff" by Asa. Is Cilla watching her? Hell no. She's busy working on her phone. Again.

phone again.jpg

phone2.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
From FA "hidden gem" previously seen only to patreon supporters. Abbie told to sit on the rocks because she "can't be jumping around and stuff" by Asa. Is Cilla watching her? Hell no. She's busy working on her phone. Again.

View attachment 120239

View attachment 120241
She was probably hoping Abbie would jump right off the rocks down into whatever is below.
IMO.
Grrrrr...shes such a waste of space.
Anddddd...
She takes up a lot of it!
IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

View attachment 120239

View attachment 120241
Jesus, Asa must get so exhausted by this. My husband has an addiction to his computer/ phone as well. Every time I turn around, after asking him to watch the kids (gotta use the washroom, do whatever) I come out and he is never watching them.

One time i asked him to watch them so o could have a shower. I hadn't had time to shower in three days. I was in there 15 minutes and I come out and my 3yo was eating a dishwasher pod. He eventually vomited it up. I have a lot of these stories so I wont bore anyone further, but christ.

I have fantasized about lighting his computer on fire. I imagine asa feels the same way about that stupid phone of hers

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.