Fathering Autism #15 Bustin' out of unicorn onesies like a can of biscuits.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you lovesis for the new thread name.

Lovesis quote:
I don’t care about Priscillas weight anymore. If she wants to stuff her face with giant steaks, sit on her ass all day, lie about losing, and bust out of unicorn onesies like a can of biscuits, Thats on her.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
what is up with Summer??? They talk about FAMILY meeting, FAMILY dinner, FAMILY game night. Geeezo she's not family! Doesnt her own family feel a bit insulted?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Someone mentioned them starving Abbie so she will stay small.. I Really dont think that is the case because of so much junk food they give her.. and so often. I have seen her eating huge portions of very high calorie food. If they really wanted Abbie not to gain weight.. I think they would feed her lower calorie fruits and veggies more...leaner cuts of meats.. less bread and pasta and junk

I think Abbie eats because she enjoys the sensation of eating.. and craves sugar and high calorie junk food because that is what she is used to.. I can see that she is gaining weight and will gain even more once she gets a bit older and doesn't have the metabolism of a teenager.

Reactions: 25
what is up with Summer??? They talk about FAMILY meeting, FAMILY dinner, FAMILY game night. Geeezo she's not family! Doesnt her own family feel a bit insulted?
I'd be more hurt that my kid wanted to be with another family and not our family during this crisis especially.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I said the same thing the other day, and I think Isaiah let some of their "family meeting" talk out of the bag the other day when he said "get more subscribers, and presentation is everything." FAMILY is the new agenda. Autism is losing steam because there is NOTHING to report on Abbie. Nothing. No progress. No school. No outings to film her reaction to. Nothing. Asa is smart, he is slowly transitioning to a family/lifestyle vlog with a sprinkle of autism for the sick Abbie fans.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I said the same thing the other day, and I think Isaiah let some of their "family meeting" talk out of the bag the other day when he said "get more subscribers, and presentation is everything." FAMILY is the new agenda. Autism is losing steam because there is NOTHING to report on Abbie. Nothing. No progress. No school. No outings to film her reaction to. Nothing. Asa is smart, he is slowly transitioning to a family/lifestyle vlog with a sprinkle of autism for the sick Abbie fans.
I think you're right

Reactions: 6
Someone mentioned them starving Abbie so she will stay small.. I Really dont think that is the case because of so much junk food they give her.. and so often. I have seen her eating huge portions of very high calorie food. If they really wanted Abbie not to gain weight.. I think they would feed her lower calorie fruits and veggies more...leaner cuts of meats.. less bread and pasta and junk

I think Abbie eats because she enjoys the sensation of eating.. and craves sugar and high calorie junk food because that is what she is used to.. I can see that she is gaining weight and will gain even more once she gets a bit older and doesn't have the metabolism of a teenager.
I have pondered on this issue quite a bit. Abbie is the only one that is not overweight ( you can see the weight tendency with Isiah) and she is the only one that doesn't have access to whatever she wants to eat. I believe it's good they aren't allowing her to get obese like they are, but at the same time, sometimes you are just hungry. A teen can be hungry all the time for months on end. I don't believe she is starving either, she is a good size with a tad of a belly.

I agree about enjoying the sensation and the carrots and stuff would be so much better for them all. They all consume way too much sugar, it's kinda disgusting to think about. P and A are not as fat as they are by not snacking....I bet they snack and eat constantly. You know they do!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

That was me.
They don't think like that.
It's logical.
She's gaining weight now because she eats everything she can.
I don't know if you have personally experienced hunger in your life, I sure hope not, but I am convinced this is why Abbie acts like she does with food.
You gorge when you have it because you don't know when the next time you will get more.
Anyway...
Just my thinking.
😁

Reactions: 18
That was me.
They don't think like that.
It's logical.
She's gaining weight now because she eats everything she can.
I don't know if you have personally experienced hunger in your life, I sure hope not, but I am convinced this is why Abbie acts like she does with food.
You gorge when you have it because you don't know when the next time you will get more.
Anyway...
Just my thinking.
😁
Do you think it's due to them ignoring her when she signs for food? If she does it and is really hungry and they tell her no, put her off for a long time or simply ignore her, that may set her up for these feelings. Maybe in her head she thinks "Don't know when I'll have access to food again so I better go for it"

There was something about this in that movie "Crip Camp" about some kids from an institution and actually Branding Autism's Jen mentioned it when she was locked up in that facility. Withholding. not feeding enough, not giving enough to eat gave them issues with food.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Do you think it's due to them ignoring her when she signs for food? If she does it and is really hungry and they tell her no, put her off for a long time or simply ignore her, that may set her up for these feelings. Maybe in her head she thinks "Don't know when I'll have access to food again so I better go for it"

There was something about this in that movie "Crip Camp" about some kids from an institution and actually Branding Autism's Jen mentioned it when she was locked up in that facility. Withholding. not feeding enough, not giving enough to eat gave them issues with food.
Yup.
100%.
I wrote a dissertation on the last thread about why I think like I do.
😁
Sometimes I just can't stop my fingers!!!
😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I thought it was gross that Priscilla went to see her mum and bought over the cakes.
Why not something more healthy and nutritious? I would feel sick after eating that!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I wonder if Abbie needs an endocrinologist? She could have an overactive thyroid? Low cortisol has also been linked to aggressive behaviors in children. Could be anything.

Reactions: 11
Not to mention how "the girl who must not be named" must feel, watching this random girl being called family. If A and P want to pretend to have a "normal" daughter (if help with Abbie was the main reason Summer was there, they would have chosen someone better at it/more qualified), all Asa has to do is fight for his daughter's right to know her father and her half siblings. Assuming the mother is really putting up a fight over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.