Fathering Autism #128 The Hambeasts Feast as Leaf Springs Break. How much more can that camper take?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
True. However, with practice, my boy knows the buttons to push on our washer and dryer to start it. He knows how to put the soap in the dishwasher, put the dishes in where they are supposed to go. He knows which dog bowl to get when I say their name. If I tell him to go put shorts/shirt/socks upstairs in his closet, he goes and does it. All of this has taken practice and patience, but it has been worth it because he can do these things now with just me giving verbal directions. In time, I have not needed to be as "hands on" as I was in the beginning.
Yes ! Practice and patience is the key for a child or adult who is on the autism spectrum . My daughter is 36 now she has reached so many milestones since her diagnoses when she was a toddler . Juno and Maya , Thank you for sharing you're son's progress !

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes ! Practice and patience is the key for a child or adult who is on the autism spectrum . My daughter is 36 now she has reached so many milestones since her diagnoses when she was a toddler . Juno and Maya , Thank you for sharing you're son's progress !
Do you think that Abbie could progress in a more encouraging environment? I often wonder if she would do better in a concentrated home setting with regular family visits. In Abbie's situation, I think it would be kinder for her to be in a structured setting with regular home visits.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
David works overnights for an Amazon fulfillment center. I don't know what all that entails, but I know he does it from home and that he chose overnights so his days would be free to focus on Brailee.

I've watched them for a while and they are night and day different than the Maass family. I mean they're still putting their kid on youtube and I still think that's not the best thing, but they're much more selective about what they show and they focused more on Brailee's accomplishments than her failures or their own hand wringing. Brailee and Abbie are definitely on different parts of the spectrum, but a lot of it is definitely how much they focus on letting Brailee show them where her strengths are and then encouraging that even when it's inconvenient.

The Wee's also just don't have that vibe of looking at Brailee like 'how can we make this situation profitable for ourselves' like A&P do. But I guess that's why they're not millionaires and A&P are.
They seem better but that..... incident...
with the car seat..that was some sick fucked up tit.:sick::mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
From the latest vlog you can see they have planned everything for this trip for themselves. What I can say about Lauren brazee is that everything revolves around seeing her children enjoy things. They took P to get her nails done, then to waste time they went to cabellas for asa, then they ate smores which abbie didn't seem interested in at all to the point of asa hand feeding her a smores. Then kids had a parade and they pulled abbie out of it WHY would they do that. She can't walk in a parade with other children but she can sit in a car for hours to stop by Ps step-dads old neighborhood, town, house. We can keep abbie in a seat all day on the road to travel so asa can go to Gettysburg. Not one pool, park, sensory activity planned. Saying she's so exhausted from everything at night. No asshole, she's so bored.
Well said ! This vacation resolves around Asa and Cilla . I feel sorry for Abbie . Hey Asa and Cilla you read Tattler ? Read this ......... F.U.

I also didn’t understand why Abbie couldn’t march in the parade. Because she’s 17? There is nothing 17 about Abbie except her chronological age and her size of course. Why not let her have a little fun. And speaking of fun, how about a toy drum set? Or Bongos. She seems interested in that activity.
Did Abbie ever have music therapy ?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Well said ! This vacation resolves around Asa and Cilla . I feel sorry for Abbie . Hey Asa and Cilla you read Tattler ? Read this ......... F.U.

And it’s so damn boring this year. Last year at least they visited some gorgeous places. This year it’s more cities, visiting people, less “camping”. This year it’s the worlds largest rubber stamp, the corn palace, visiting with the two ton huns, and more footage of restaurants than anything

Todays glut, enormous burger with peanut butter and jelly and a pound of fries. #105lbsDown

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18

Yes, she did have music therapy. Keyboard as I remember,

And it’s so damn boring this year. Last year at least they visited some gorgeous places. This year it’s more cities, visiting people, less “camping”. This year it’s the worlds largest rubber stamp, the corn palace, visiting with the two ton huns, and more footage of restaurants than anything

Todays glut, enormous burger with peanut butter and jelly and a pound of fries. #105lbsDown
I remember being in Mitchell and seeing the Corn Palace. I also remember at the hotel seeing a woman with the biggest hips I ever saw. What a memory to associate the town with. It was in 1979. We had just heard the news of Lord Mountbatten’s assassination on the news. Funny the things you can remember. 43 years ago. Lol!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Do you think that Abbie could progress in a more encouraging environment? I often wonder if she would do better in a concentrated home setting with regular family visits. In Abbie's situation, I think it would be kinder for her to be in a structured setting with regular home visits.
I have wondered the same . I've wondered if her parents participated in early intervention ? When they had the IEP meetings with Abbie's teachers and therapist did they follow through and help Abbie at home with tasks that were given to her ? Who knows ? She is profoundly delayed . Wasn't JSA making area in the new building for a place for students to live ? I have wondered if it would be best for Abbie to live in a more structured setting without the drama of her parents and brother and above all the cameras . Then again who knows ? Would she regress ? What about her behaviors of loud voice patterns ? Self harm ? The tearing up of her diapers and paper ? She is a toddler in a 17 year old body she needs constant one to one . Sadly her parents have been neglectful through out the years . Everybody here on Tattler knows her parents would object to placing Abbie in a concentrated home setting because she is their money maker they will pimp her out for all the " Things " they can hoard . My heart breaks for Abbie , I have to take breaks from watching the vlogs . In Florida do they have social workers who will advocate for Abbie ? I have so many questions . Who is Abbie's true advocate for her health , safety and well being .

• Heart
Reactions: 13

That looks disgusting to me 🤮

Found this on YouTube Apparently Abbie doesn’t have IDD according to Dr Maass
Now I’m confused 🤪. I remember in many of the vlogs Asa referring to her having IDD. So now all of a sudden she doesn’t have that diagnosis?? What the hell??

Reactions: 14
Absolutely.

Hell, I'll say it. If Asa somehow completely turned his personality around and devoted 75% of the attention he focuses on vlogging & comment sections instead on Abbie, and if he listened to what people like Brandy said and actually put her therapies into practice,
AND if he and his wife held reasonable expectations for Abbie,
their "schooling at home" idea would probably work.

The key is reasonable expectations.

At this point in her life most of the proverbial train has left the station. She'll never ride her bike to the store. She'll never pack herself a lunch. She'll never see that the dishwasher has completed its cycle and independently put away the clean dishes, or hear the buzzer of the washing machine & go switch the clothes to the dryer.

She could probably learn how to prepare very simple meals with prompting - something like making a sandwich if the ingredients are prepped for her & placed in their own designated spot in the refrigerator.
She could learn to put toys away at the end of the day, to make her bed in the mornings, any of a number of simple, habit-based tasks that are done at the same time every day.
If her sensory needs were met, she'd be calmer and less destructive.

But the entire structure of Asa & Priscilla's lives would have to change drastically for that to happen in the home, not to mention personality changes just as drastic.
No more letting her use tantrums or avoidance to get out of doing things ever. Not even once. And the extinction burst that would/will come with trying to stop the tantrums would be beyond epic, something I know for certain Priscilla could never tolerate.
Their lives would 100% consist of nothing but a schedule. Get up at the same time, perform the same routines at the same time every single day (for those tasks they'd want to become habit like picking up toys or making the bed), constant attention to sensory needs no matter how much Priscilla likes her white trash Southern Living decor and how embarrassed she is by Abbie playing with toddler toys, meals at the same time every day, strict bedtime routines every night....literally everything would have to change about how they live.
Food will get spilled and ruined. Dishes will get broken. That's what needs to happen if they want her to be able to do even the simplest kitchen task like making a sandwich, and it will take months or more.
Anything that happens in ABA and/or with her "teacher" must also happen outside of Abbie's time with those people. If Brandy uses a token system for breaks, they must use the same token system for breaks when she's not there EVERY SINGLE bleeping TIME NO EXCEPTIONS.

If they'd BEEN doing that sort of stuff all along, since Abbie was a toddler, she'd probably be closer to Braylee's current level of functioning (echolalia aside). She could have probably been able to hold a simple "job" a day or two a week doing things like shredding or basic assembly - but let's never forget the vlog in the old house where Asa proudly proclaimed that Abbie would never hold a pointless job like that, how it was useless for her to do so, which now seems to be biting him in the ass.

A very specialized "home," with trained staff and established rules and routines and boundaries, would probably be better for her. The issue is finding one, waiting for an open spot in one, and paying for it. Maybe they've been lying about always wanting to keep her at home; maybe they've been researching and on waitlists for years now. But I'm more inclined to think that they(Asa) has always been more invested in keeping her around for filming & content and won't consider placing her in a structured environment until they physically cannot manage her anymore, and it's not like there are an abundance of places with tons of availability just waiting for them to stroll Abbie in with her suitcases.

Now I’m confused 🤪. I remember in many of the vlogs Asa referring to her having IDD. So now all of a sudden she doesn’t have that diagnosis?? What the hell??
He's playing word games.

He knows damn well she has an intellectual disability.

She doesn't have a diagnosis of "IDD" because that's not actually a thing that would appear in her medical records.

He's always, until very recently, said Abbie has a "developmental delay." This is a diagnosis given to toddler/preschool aged children. You can't really diagnose an intellectual disability at a young age. When she was diagnosed with autism (IIRC, she was first diagnosed with PDD [pervasive developmental disorder] and then, after further testing, Infantile Autism - they all fall under the Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis currently) she was also given a developmental delay diagnosis. He's always stuck with that when discussing anything beyond autism & pica.
Delay sounds a lot nicer than disability. It implies that they'll "catch up," or that they're only somewhat behind their peers. Disability is permanent. That's why young children are given a developmental DELAY (or, occasionally, an intellectual DELAY) diagnosis. A lot of kids who get that diagnosis grow out of it as they attend school and therapies, and it can be refined into a more specific diagnosis when they're older. A developmental delay can go away, or it can turn into a learning disability, or a specific communication disability, etc. Not every 4 year old with a DD diagnosis actually has a permanent intellectual disability; they may have dyslexia or an auditory processing disorder, for example.

I think they either refused to get her developmental delay diagnosis medically re-evaluated, or if they were forced to (for insurance, Medicaid, etc reasons) they don't view it as a valid diagnosis.

If she "only" has a developmental delay dx, they can continue to live in their fantasy land of Abbie packing her lunch, hopping on her bike, and going to work choosing vintage t-shirts for her online shop. Asa can keep vlogging her, keep the humpers on tenterhooks waiting for Abbie to do all sorts of things independently.
It's just a delay, you see. A developmental delay.

Very recently, like within the last 6 months, he admitted in a vlog to the intellectual disability thing. That official diagnosis will be a part of their guardianship process when she turns 18, so if it's not in her medical records already, he knows it will have to be here in the next few months.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Asshat even mentions Abbie's developmental delay in the last VLOG when he was saying how independent Braylee is. Now he is saying she doesn't have a developmental delay..and if she does it is only to do with communications?? I would say Abbie's intellectual disability is pretty severe and the fact they dont recognize it shows how much delusion they are in.

I think Asshat could definitely see where Abbie was when next to Braylee. When he was trying to talk in the VLOG she was over there Braying or moaning.. and Asshat seemed annoyed asking what she wanted.

Its really sad .. and I would feel for them if they weren't such pompous jerks..he had an epiphany...now he is already covering it up with delusion.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ha, ha! I didn’t notice this tit last night...

Happily making his guy crush some fancy coffee…
Screenshot_20220707-053227~2.png

Then PigCillaMe comes groinking by…
Screenshot_20220707-053239~2.png

He is obviously uncomfortable with this….
Screenshot_20220707-053302~3.png

Must have smelled last night’s crappetizers!
Screenshot_20220707-053336~2.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
A bit behind..
But, here is my comments…
2367AF0A-7F51-48D7-A7E6-CFA28FB09BC3.jpeg

Oh and I think it his completely correct what Wee’s Mom said! They are crappy parents! We have been saying for years! that Asa needs to let Abbie make messes and do more independently and Priscilla needs to get over the fact that her house doesn’t need to look like it is in Better Homes & Garden magazine…
I do think it is too late for Abbie to learn the skills that Asa thinks he can teach her (or some magic teacher can). Those skills have very set time limits and Abbie’s even ability to want to learn, has faded, which is the biggest kicker of them all. Many kids, at young ages, have drives to want to learn. As they get older, those drives go away, especially when they are dismissed, ignored or road blocked. Abbie has had all three done.
I would definitely give it 3-5 years, once the house, cars, RV, etc., are all paid off, her ESA grant is done, and funds are dried up, Abbie would be off in a home. Mold Mansion will be sold, profits will buy a small house in the Riverside (which is where Priscilla wants to move to, has even said so but said she knew she couldn’t move there with Abbie in the house due to elopement)…

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They seem better but that..... incident...
with the car seat..that was some sick fucked up tit.:sick::mad:
See now I’m curious bc I always thought the Wee fam was miles above the maass’ in terms of meeting their daughters needs and not as exploity….So what happened with the car seat??

• Wow
Reactions: 11
See now I’m curious bc I always thought the Wee fam was miles above the maass’ in terms of meeting their daughters needs and not as exploity….So what happened with the car seat??
I am definitely not saying in detail...
In her room at bedtime...she's placed in car seat...
Buckled... wiggling...
Mom is explaining her sensory need while us horrified viewers are watching...
Reported...and got taken down
Now I want to throw up

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
As parents in general ..raising children comes with sacrifice and change in priorities, it's called parenting.
Being parents of autistic children, special needs children, ID children etc... The spectrum is wide, it requires even more work, change, adjustments and utilizing the advice and guidance from experts is extremely important.

Bottom line is Priscilla and Asa... Are desperately trying to " educate" the world about autism by living a regular life, adopting little to no change and living their best life and parading around saying autism doesn't stop us!!!

They behave like immature teenagers...putting their needs, wants and desires first always. Priscilla seriously needs to learn what a mothers role is.

There are other families on YouTube with autism in the home. We see how the family prioritizes the needs of the children than autism first...

I think it's too late for Abbie at this stage to grow or change much especially in that environment. She's had 17 years of zero follow through, zero structure, zero routine, her " abbitude" has been reinforced and never corrected in 17 years.

She won't toilet properly, won't brush her own hair for longer than Asa counts down from 10..then throws the brush around the 4 mark...that behaviour is expected at 7 or 8... But if she had been taught routinely...daily...taught what behaviours were not acceptable she would be able to brush her hair.

I know all those under the spectrum are different having 2 boys...I see it up close and personal. Both boys required different types of teaching but had many common guidelines like structure, routine, consistency.

I quit my job to stay home it worked for my family. Our priorities changed , we put the work in and 18 years later ... Our boys use the bathroom properly, brush their teeth and hair, dress themselves, put their dishes away...it's not always perfect no. But they know what's expected...and they have learned so much.

Priscilla has zero motherly instincts towards Abbie...the fact she's more concerned about getting crumbs on the floor...rather than her autistic child's ability to learn how to pour something into a bowl...is beyond disgusting. She's morbidly obese, obsessed with food can barely walk...and her life is on a downhill spiral we know exactly where she's headed. She'll be bedridden before she's but her mid 40s.

Abbie will not grow in the environment she's in...because she's not been a priority ..she's just dragged along in life and been taught hands waiting so she can have her picture taken 25 times a day. The fact she can't hold a tooth brush a hair brush for longer than 4-5 seconds ... Because she simply doesn't want to...says it all...she never will.
No rules, no follow through, no routine, no consistency ....why bother when someone else will do it. It's just easier...right?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.