Fathering Autism #112 The slimming app really does work when you can’t put down the fork

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread! Thank you both!
Well, yesterday on P's story they went to the hockey game with his parents last night. Wonder if that will be the "content" this evening?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
For anyone interested in Slimelife anti mlm, 2 videos were posted today by 2 different creators.. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well, yesterday on P's story they went to the hockey game with his parents last night. Wonder if that will be the "content" this evening?
The last place I'd want to be at right now is an indoor sporting event where everyone is yelling and cheering.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m so sorry about your surgery. In this part of Ohio the three main hospitals stopped all but life threatening/ saving surgeries. Since my husband is a pediatric oncologist specializing in the brain, there are many children that could find relief from pain with a minor operation. They won’t let that happen. The worst is the kids with DIPG. A little radiation may help and they are being turned away. It’s heartbreaking. I wish I could wish your pain away.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I’m so sorry about your surgery. In this part of Ohio the three main hospitals stopped all but life threatening/ saving surgeries. Since my husband is a pediatric oncologist specializing in the brain, there are many children that could find relief from pain with a minor operation. They won’t let that happen. The worst is the kids with DIPG. A little radiation may help and they are being turned away. It’s heartbreaking. I wish I could wish your pain away.
Thank you. My issues are trivial compared to so many others, but it is still hard to swallow. Especially when it is all preventable.
I hope you and your son feel better soon! I know you're isolating but I am so happy to know you have your husband to monitor everything! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thank you for voting on my thread suggestion! Y’all really know how to make a girl feel special 🙂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
The last place I'd want to be at right now is an indoor sporting event where everyone is yelling and cheering.
For real. I just saw this a couple hours ago.

My older child is mostly back to baseline - still a bit of a runny nose, but otherwise seems to have handled covid well.
I never got too bad in terms of symptoms other than the exhaustion. That's still lingering. I'm not randomly falling asleep on my dining room floor now but I'm still needing naps and don't have a lot of energy. It's maddening.
Younger child - my medical kid - should be in the hospital right now. We are home because the hospitals are full and then some Child has had primarily exhaustion & GI symptoms and they're persisting. Eating is not going so well, and were this a different timeline we'd spend a couple-few days inpatient for parenteral nutrition until things were under control. Instead we're carefully timing zofran with milkshakes and peanut butter at home and no one is happy about it.

*sigh*

The FB comment from Asa that @RocketQueen found in the last thread is so damn disappointing.
If that's how he actually felt/feels - and I lean more towards that being the "real" him considering it was his personal account buried in the comments of his mother's FB page, ergo much less need for performative commenting - he has this entire platform he could have used to encourage responsible behavior. Believe it or not, it does make a difference.
Instead.... *gestures broadly at Maass shitshow*

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

Todays vlog
Hmm... I stopped listening.. why is "speech therapy". controversial...I couldn't listen to all that BS

I might be wrong but to me it seems like their priorities are screwed up. They have been doing the same "speech therapy" ever since I have been watching the
VLOGs. Seems like priorities would be teaching her some real communication with signs or her device, get her as functional as possible with her ADLS... and toilet training if that is at all possible, discipline, physical therapy... especially on her neck...poking a device in and out of her mouth...not sure about that.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Hmm... I stopped listening.. why is "speech therapy". controversial...I couldn't listen to all that BS

I might be wrong but to me it seems like their priorities are screwed up. They have been doing the same "speech therapy" ever since I have been watching the
VLOGs. Seems like priorities would be teaching her some real communication with signs or her device, get her as functional as possible with her ADLS... and toilet training if that is at all possible, discipline, physical therapy... especially on her neck...poking a device in and out of her mouth...not sure about that.
Her speech therapist does work with her on signs and using her device (not too long ago they, the therapist, was working on trying to get Ab to make simple sentences in the device... like "I want...".)

Not to defend the Maasholes, because I am not, just that the speech yherapidoes do more.

The Maasholes don't do tit. And refuse to work with her on the things the school tells them to at home. Their "excuse" is she shouldn't have to do that stuff with them she does it at school. She gets a break at home. Totally ignoring the fact that reinforcement and consistency is more important then the intentional learning phase.

I think they like to keep showing this part of speech therapy because it makes the humpers think she is learning to speak. Keeps them hanging on every vlog.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Welp, the 100th vlog about speech therapy. Yawn.
I am not a SP, nor do I have any knowledge on the subject, but somehow I question those methods being controversial.
Why even show it frankly? Abbie has made no progress, and she has been doing the same exercises for many years.
And why do they "need" an SP or teacher to work on the device with her? Why havent they been doing that? She's had one forever now. They're just lazy and gross. Asa rants about her future ability to effectively communicate with the iPad but has taught her nothing of importance. They wont work on real things, like feelings or needs but hold her ass in place to learn "donut".
Scumbags.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Asa's totally shooting for views with his clickbait title. I just went back and looked. Out of his past 30 ( 30!! Love it! 😂 ) vlogs, only one topped 50k. It was the "New Relationship" vlog two weeks ago. And thats a clickbait-y title as well. It was just Asshat rambling about Isaiah being an adult and not a live-in caregiver anymore.
Many of the vlogs the past thirty days have very low numbers- like in the 20's and 30's.
It has been slow but the decline is starting ya'll. Another year or two of this and I see the end.
I'm SO excited guyths!! 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
@RocketQueen and @Kimmied
I wrote a note to both of you in the previous thread and then realized a new thread was started.
So, Kimmied, I just can't imagine what you are feeling right now and knowing how careful you have been. I hope Domenic and you are well soon. Sending hugs.

Rocket, I wish I lived close by so that I could come push you around in your office chair as well as see what we could join forces in a snark-a-thon. Keeping my fingers crossed that this outbreak lets up sooner than anyone thought possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Todays vlog
I felt Abby's yawning, rubbing her eyes and putting her head down on the table in my soul 😄 My 15 year old niece does the same thing in Speech sessions....with Covid they transitioned to Zoom appointments and when she is "over it", she just disconnects the session. LOL Wish Abby had the same choice as my Jess does.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
How come Medicaid aka taxpayers, still pays for her speech therapy?
1. She's nonverbal. That ain't changing.
2. She's had this therapy for YEARS. It ain't working.
3. Her IQ is too low to allow her to "learn". It's evident by the way she hits zaxbys, car ride, Chipotle, etc randomly.
The therapist must be lying about her "progress" on whatever paperwork they are required to turn in to the state Medicaid office.
It's all lies and scams with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.