Fathering Autism #11 S.O.S. we need vlog content, gotta make back all the money we spent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the opening of their Youtube vlog dated 10/21/16, The Best Thing For Your Child With Autism

Assa's narcissism says it all.

"So this is Brandy she's Abby's in-home ABA therapists she's a board certified behavior analyst and she has her master's degree;
This is Alicia she is Abigail's in-school clinical ABA therapists and she also has her master's.
This is Abigail's mom.

Among this group of highly trained and highly educated people the ones that are most qualified and most experienced are us her family"

They should change the name of their channel to "Parenting Narcissim"
Hmmm,then they should immediately take Abbie out of that school and do all they can for her at home. If this is the attitude they have,JSA and all others should tell them to pound it and good luck.

Reactions: 11
It would be quite awkward to say the least if the plan is for Isiah and Summer being groomed to be Abbies caretakers later on.
Neither of them would have any life outside that home. Would they still be in a “ brother/sister” type relationship or would spouses,etc also be included.
And here’s hoping Isiah thinks long and hard as it may not be easy for him to have a relationship if he does become sole caregiver.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am of the mind that Abbie can learn more. Her comprehension skills aside, a huge MAJOR problem is A&P not putting in the effort and being consistent with her. Those things play a very significant role in this. As a result of them only doing the bare minimum with her, she has regressed a lot and learned a lot of bad habits. I don't think this makes her a lost cause. I don't think she is entirely beyond help. With a lot of hard work, effort and consistency, I think Abbie could definitely improve.
I agree, but her parents aren’t going to be the one to put in that hard work. They haven’t done it thus far. They are just doing enough now to keep her fed, clothed and make money for them. It’s very sad.

Reactions: 15
It would be quite awkward to say the least if the plan is for Isiah and Summer being groomed to be Abbies caretakers later on.
Neither of them would have any life outside that home. Would they still be in a “ brother/sister” type relationship or would spouses,etc also be included.
And here’s hoping Isiah thinks long and hard as it may not be easy for him to have a relationship if he does become sole caregiver.
I thought I heard Assa say that they set it up that she would have a caretake so Isa could have his own life..that was many moons ago when they first told us they went to see a lawyer. And that snuggling in the pool is creepy, I can't imagine my teenage son loving his sister enough to get that close let alone what it looks like.

Reactions: 7
Why is P so awkward with Abbie
I wouldn't be surprised if P had severe post partum w/ Abbie and maybe never fully bonded with her. Maybe the autism/IDD diagnosis was too much for her.. Not saying any of that excuses her behavior - it doesn't. It has always struck me weird about how detached she is from Abbie and even when she tries to put on the friendly and caring front, she still does it in such a way as if she is looking after someone else's kid. You can still sense the disconnect even when she's praising Abbie or calling her 'sweet girl'.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Priss’ mother gives off unfriendly vibes & maybe it’s just the camera. Don’t blame her then. She lived a privileged Southern childhood. I cannot even imagine.

It bothered me a bit to hear Summer being sarcastic & laughing at Abbie & then Priss rolling her eyes over Abbie w/ the lunch process. NO WONDER why he directs the camera & convo so much. Not that he’s much better, but he works w/ her “better.” Said lightly.

Reactions: 9
I wish they would stop with the jump cuts. They won’t even show her putting the top on. So many skips in between every scene. Do we ever get to see anything play out naturally?
No way, that would mean them showing how extremely IDD and unruly Abbie really is and showing their true colors and what amateurs they really are at caring for her (even though the non kool-aid addicts see through them anyway)

Gotta keep up the 🎭🎪 for the fan$, right doughboy 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I wouldn't be surprised if P had severe post partum w/ Abbie and maybe never fully bonded with her. Maybe the autism/IDD diagnosis was too much for her.. Not saying any of that excuses her behavior - it doesn't. It has always struck me weird about how detached she is from Abbie and even when she tries to put on the friendly and caring front, she still does it in such a way as if she is looking after someone else's kid. You can still sense the disconnect even when she's praising Abbie or calling her 'sweet girl'.
Yes it does appears by the little we actually get to see she forces interaction with Abbie. I’m sure it’s very difficult day to day to deal with her. I honestly believe if Asa wasn’t around she would have placed her in a facility. I’m not saying that would be a bad thing. I remember growing up my mom had a co-worker who had a daughter that acted like Abbie (back in the 70’s the only label they put to it was mental retardation) . Its very sad.

Reactions: 5
It is sad when P is the source of reason and intelligence. In the vlog (didn't watch livestream yet) A was going on about going to the park even though it's closed. Guess it doesn't apply to him. P was the one who ssid no and they shouldn't add the the problem. Maybe she is getting tired of his tit too. Be nice to see her step up. Maybe this being forced to do "homeschooling" will wake her up and she starts a positive change. I am not hopeful but it would be nice to see.
I was thinking the same thing. But doubt it. tit is getting real for her now but she will forget when this is all over.

Today's vlog was surprisingly not that bad. It’s such different energy when Asa isn’t around. Priscilla was actually tolerable and she was patient with Abbie.

Summer giggles at everything. Everything Abbie does it not funny and it’s especially not funny that she grabbed the butter knife the wrong way.
I honestly had to stop watching when they were having Abbie make her lunch. Summer would not shut the duck up. Abbie can hardly deal with following one-step directions. Having P and Summer in there and Summer giving praise every second I'm sure is distracting to Abbie. I know I was annoyed as duck that she couldn't just shut her mouth and film. P dropping down like its hot was too much to start a vlog off with. I wonder how many times she had to drop it before she actually was able to pull that body back up. Take 55...P dropping it like it's NOT HOT!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
I agree, but her parents aren’t going to be the one to put in that hard work. They haven’t done it thus far. They are just doing enough now to keep her fed, clothed and make money for them. It’s very sad.
Quite sad, and also frustrating. They could be doing so much more for Abbie to really help her and also, in turn, help themselves. The better they can get her to behave and cooperate, the easier it will be for them in caring for her - right? But they would rather go with the bare minimum route. I don't have firsthand experience with caring for a special needs child, but I can empathize and imagine that it is very taxing and stressful dealing with Abbie and the amount of care she requires. I'm not saying helping her more would be easy. It definitely wouldn't. But they aren't even giving it 50% effort. Just as doing more for her would have benefits for them in the longterm, doing less for her is only creating more stress and more problems down the road. Asa is such an ass-hat that he can't bear to listen to the trained & educated ppl in regards to Abbie, he's really just shooting himself in the foot. If it only affected him - I wouldn't care. But it's not just him that suffers the consequences.

I feel for Abbie. All of a sudden, she is expected to do 'school work' with A & P. Something that she has never had to do before at home! You can see that she has a hard time with it.
All the jump cuts in the most recent sandwich vlog prove (to me at least) that Abbie just can't cope with even the most basic of tasks. I can just imagine how many times she grabbed the lunch meat before the sandwich was even made. But of course we don't get to see that part!
The poor kid has no idea why suddenly she is being made to do stuff at home by these people! Home to her = rocking on the sofa. Eating a ton of crap. And being ignored by A & P the majority of the time!
All this new attention must be confusing to her!?

• Heart
I think yhey are encouraging her to jump in the pool because they saw how all the rabid fans thought it was hilarious. Now all of a sudden after all this while, she does it twice in one week. I think when they laugh, and can't reach her to get her out she likes that. Wouldn't be so funny if she got out one night and jumped in with her backwards pajamas on and no one was around.
Yeah, I wonder if her jumping in the pool might be her new found elopement?

If I were them, I would have tried to understand the"why" behind her elopement. When she was younger she did it alot more, according to Summer she hadn't done it in a while until Playlist. Is this her way of communicating something?

Is the only solution really putting her on a leash/harnessed to a dog etc. This child has spent so much of her life in harnesses and under restraint, no wonder she bites herself. Running and swimming are the only real freedoms that she can try and get. To me, she is so bored in that house, that rocking on the couch for her is NOT something she really LIKES to do, but rather a result of her not having much ELSE to do.

FA is such a failure, they don't"spread awareness" they spread confusion and frustration.

• Heart
Sadly, I'll actually give Asa credit for being honest for once. Asa has said he doesnt know if Abbie actually loves them, and knows she doesnt feel empathy,and that does not understand emotions. She doesnt understand "feel"
I respectfully disagree. I think she does feel emotion. Look at her arm. Just because she may not be able to express feelings like a NT doesn't mean she isn't feeling them. And just because she may not be able to identify emotions in others doesn't mean she can't be taught. Recognizing emotions to me can be as powerful as learning to communicate and often go hand in hand. I think it's bullshit for Ass to simply dismiss Abbie's emotions all together. That's suppressing her in my book. Has he even tried? There are alot of clever ways to do that. All it takes is an Internet search.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah, I wonder if her jumping in the pool might be her new found elopement?

If I were them, I would have tried to understand the"why" behind her elopement. When she was younger she did it alot more, according to Summer she hadn't done it in a while until Playlist. Is this her way of communicating something?

Is the only solution really putting her on a leash/harnessed to a dog etc. This child has spent so much of her life in harnesses and under restraint, no wonder she bites herself. Running and swimming are the only real freedoms that she can try and get. To me, she is so bored in that house, that rocking on the couch for her is NOT something she really LIKES to do, but rather a result of her not having much ELSE to do.

FA is such a failure, they don't"spread awareness" they spread confusion and frustration.
Yeah the pool stresses me out. They need to build a safety fence or barrier of some kind around it for her own safety. Find it hard to believe they wouldn't have addressed the issue before moving in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.