Father of Daughters #49 Consumerism doesn’t equal happiness. Go count your kitchens.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gah he makes my piss boil! Absolute cretin - does he not realise his children will read his whingy posts about them at some point in the future?! All he does is make out how awful they are when he needs to look in the bleeping mirror and see what a privileged prick he is. Children all learn at different speeds, some need additional support but it’s all part of being a child - learning. Why is it so beneath him to support his children through this?!

We’re going through this right now with Little Beds - it’s scary how quickly he’s moving through it all/gaining confidence but equally I’m so proud of how hard he’s trying/working. His teacher held a session for parents to share online resources we could access to ensure we’re using the right pronunciation for sounds and exercises we could do alongside what school sends home. No more Letter Land 😩. But ultimately she said to make it fun otherwise they won’t want to partake/learn.

Some screenshots - not sure I even have the energy to get into what a class a twit he is with this and how rich it is that he is questioning this when all he does is perpetuate outdated stereotypes and push his daughters backwards instead of forward.

5FD5CB72-7211-45E8-BADC-69C1E4CC548B.jpeg
B1DDCA8F-45C4-4642-9D1C-8709B9216095.jpeg
3AC68329-7635-4368-8C28-D7BF4405E3F1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
His post whinging about the children reading and his story where he's fishing to see which style of masculinity he should support are mutually exclusive. And how bad is this, not just the spelling but the attitude.
What an absolute 🔔 end......he should be thankful that his daughter's are able to receive an education unlike many girls in the world
- his misogyny is unbelievable
My 2 daughters really struggled to read ( in fact eldest couldn't read a 'chapter ' book until she was 15....)
They were both diagnosed with dyslexia/dyspraxia and dyscalculia in primary school, but despite this have since gone onto Uni ...eldest has MA and MSc and is in fact now an English language teacher( to speakers of foreign language), because she understands how difficult some children find reading
younger daughter got a First class degree in Business and is now working abroad in sample development for a fashion business
Fod's attitude is disgusting

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I hate him. End of.

Once you’ve been lucky enough to have 2 children then surely you know how they have come to be so if you choose to do it again, don’t fking complain!

It makes me so sad that these girls will one day be able to read what he said about them. I have brief recollections of the (less than a handful) times my parents made me feel like they wished they hadn’t had me and this was probably just my sensitive interpretation (as a child) and blowing their reaction towards me out of proportion on a few occasions where they lost it with me. (I had great parents by the way) and if I can remember how those instances made me feel when they are nothing but distant memories - I hate to think how I would feel if I could read it in black and white.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Not just that but they'll find everything on tattle too. A also replied to a comment on youtube about her mother. So she's not been kept in the dark like a mushroom. Imagine reading about randoms saying your parents should have protected them instead of sharing your medical history for CBD oil or another tablet gifted from Amazon.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Disappointing my father was, in my mind, one of the worst things I could have done. I loved him so deeply, and still do, long after he's gone. I never once heard him say anything bad about me and I know how much he loved me. And if I got anything wrong, we sorted it and moved on, never to mention it again. To hear my father disparaging me as FoD does, would have broken my heart, even if he had only said it to me and not to countless strangers. I know my father would be proud of me now, but I doubt the Hooper children will ever be sure of that. And that is just plain sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Gah he makes my piss boil! Absolute cretin - does he not realise his children will read his whingy posts about them at some point in the future?! All he does is make out how awful they are when he needs to look in the bleeping mirror and see what a privileged prick he is. Children all learn at different speeds, some need additional support but it’s all part of being a child - learning. Why is it so beneath him to support his children through this?!

We’re going through this right now with Little Beds - it’s scary how quickly he’s moving through it all/gaining confidence but equally I’m so proud of how hard he’s trying/working. His teacher held a session for parents to share online resources we could access to ensure we’re using the right pronunciation for sounds and exercises we could do alongside what school sends home. No more Letter Land 😩. But ultimately she said to make it fun otherwise they won’t want to partake/learn.

Some screenshots - not sure I even have the energy to get into what a class a twit he is with this and how rich it is that he is questioning this when all he does is perpetuate outdated stereotypes and push his daughters backwards instead of forward.

View attachment 886202View attachment 886203View attachment 886204
Omg I know he’s vile and this isn’t the point but why is he dressed like playmobil? He’s 60 not 4? x

45442FF3-4F8A-408E-A16E-1B58E356F5A1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 22
He takes himself so seriously on the masculinity stories it's hilarious 😂 at least he's not talking about vulvas and periods.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If he genuinely wants to start a "discussion" about a topic, build some momentum and crowdsource opinions, then stories isn't the place for it. Nobody can see the contributions and it's all gone in a puff of smoke in 24 hours with little or no follow up. Let alone making a twin/Clemmie bedroom grid post at the exact same time on a totally different subject?!

His FOD account is a total mess. Any old scattergunning crap in the stories, a tired bio about being outnumbered, story highlights that haven't been refreshed since the Eisenhower administration, DIY and reno content (what's the point of having a separate account?), bots galore, spelling and grammar errors in practically everything he uploads, no branding consistency. I could go on.

He's been doing this for years, but just keeps getting worse at it 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
How is Sly only waking up to the issues surrounding toxic masculinity now? Talk about late to the party! Still, I guess we should embrace the fact he's finally decided to show up at all :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How is Sly only waking up to the issues surrounding toxic masculinity now? Talk about late to the party! Still, I guess we should embrace the fact he's finally decided to show up at all :rolleyes:
Because he’s running out of bandwagons to jump on. I imagine he’s seen someone post about this and decided to jump on board. Badly. As ever.

Reactions: 12
I think he uses stories so that if his idea bombs he can just let it fade away and not be expected to deliver. His house stories of saying he'd be posting renno info over the next few weeks faded with nothing to show for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
His whole account is so underpinned by his "me man, you woman" perspective, that if he's serious about breaking away from stereotypes, we should be about to see an absolute sea change in the content he puts up.

A tenner says he doesn't make it a month without reverting to type.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
His whole account is so underpinned by his "me man, you woman" perspective, that if he's serious about breaking away from stereotypes, we should be about to see an absolute sea change in the content he puts up.

A tenner says he doesn't make it a month without reverting to type.
He's a "me man", not a "he man". I think I'm so clever 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
His latest post, a picture of one of the twins, when younger mid tantrum 😩. I actually can’t believe he continues to post these pictures with no regard to the impact further down the line for his daughters. His engagement is to challenge people as to what has set a tantrum off. Don’t get me wrong I know children can have some epic tantrums over the most (to us) ridiculous things but he doesn’t need to exploit his children in the process.

He’s also been #gifted some clothes.

80AC8081-C0B8-442E-B9DF-6D211E335B7D.jpeg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
And he can now spell A LOT. I feel a sense of achievement :)
Screenshot_20211125-221315_Instagram.jpg

But error in his blurb. Must try harder.......

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.