Fashion trends that you can't stand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crop tops on people who have more flab than ab (Iโ€™m just jealous, wish I had abs) ๐Ÿ˜‚

Flesh-coloured leggings.

View attachment 145316

Yes to the crop tops I see people way bigger than me wearing them and often wonder if they have mirrors at home ๐Ÿคฎ I do love them if you have the figure for them and although I'm only slim im skinny fat with no tone and stretch marks so can not pull them off as much as I would love to .

Reactions: 1
Baby/toddler fashion trends:
  • the massive bows and headbands on babies without enough hair for them to be useful. Just looks uncomfortable. I didnโ€™t bother using the ones that came with my daughters outfits
  • neutral clothes everywhere all the time. You just know the kids are desperate to wear Paw Patrol T shirts
  • Spanish wear. Sometimes cute, but not the OOT pink ballgown dresses covered in lace and bows with matching bonnets. Also looks weird on kids older than about 3. The kids are probably terrified of messing up their outfits
  • Excessively tacky pink girly clothes
  • Woolly clothes during hot weather
  • Jewellery on toddlers - scares me
  • Shoes on babies who canโ€™t walk

Reactions: 8
Baby/toddler fashion trends:
  • the massive bows and headbands on babies without enough hair for them to be useful. Just looks uncomfortable. I didnโ€™t bother using the ones that came with my daughters outfits
  • neutral clothes everywhere all the time. You just know the kids are desperate to wear Paw Patrol T shirts
  • Spanish wear. Sometimes cute, but not the OOT pink ballgown dresses covered in lace and bows with matching bonnets. Also looks weird on kids older than about 3. The kids are probably terrified of messing up their outfits
  • Excessively tacky pink girly clothes
  • Woolly clothes during hot weather
  • Jewellery on toddlers - scares me
  • Shoes on babies who canโ€™t walk
Clothes for kids that are just shrunken adults clothes. River Island Iโ€™m looking at you. My child is a CHILD. She has no need for puff sleeve tops or bloody cycling shorts ๐Ÿ˜ซ. Sheโ€™s 2!

Reactions: 12
Those stupid Angry Birds eyebrows that young women have tattooed on these days, especially when combined with shimmery highlighter that makes them look like they have a metallic face.

those cold shoulder tops that were around for a few years were horrible as well.

Reactions: 9
Ugg boots
Crocs
Ballet flats (never flattering, NEVER!!!)
Any shoes that show "toe cleavage"

I do love my Birkenstocks though :)

Reactions: 7
Men with pubes on their face. ๐Ÿง”

Men who wear trackies and trainers but NO socks.

Skin tight clothes on both sexes. Especially men though, nothing worse than seeing a pair of nuts being strangled.

ANY form of denim.

Birkenstocks, linen or any type of middle class, nut allergy, vegan fashion. (Knew Birkenstocks would come back round again, things usually do after 10 years, I wore them when I was pregnant and had swolen feet and they were horrid looking)

Balloon or puff ball sleeves. Women walking round looking like Lawrence Llwelyen Bowen.

Slides without socks.

Tshirts with a random single word on it, last decade it was "Geek"... I think this decade it is "Vogue".

Generic sleeve tattoos that have no meaning at all, just put there because everyone else has one.

Any trainers without a Nike tick.

Over lined lips. We can SEE over lined lips!!

"Insta eyebrows" and "Insta make up" looks gorgeous in the pictures but actually looks horrific and pasted on in real life, skin looks like its gasping for air and eyebrows look slapped on without the filters over them.

Fake nails shaped like claws.

Non alternative people dressing like alternative people because they have found some pieces on boohoo. I fall into the Chav category of people but this really gets my goat.

Reactions: 2
They would have to feel like pillows strapped to my feet to compensate for the ugliness

Though if I was on my feet for 12 hours straight, Iโ€™d probably opt for them too!
Believe me of it wasn't for the fact my shoes can regularly get covered in blood and amniotic fluid and crocs are easy to clean, I wouldn't be such a fan. I wear the ones with no holes in for obvious reasons ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Men in thin turtle necks - Now I want to clarify this, some men can really pull it off but 80% can't.
Man buns.
Kitten Heels!! (I'm quite tall myself but I cant never bring myself to even buy a pair)
Influencers seem to be buying jeans that are 3x bigger than them, only to roll them up at the waist and give the illusion of a tiny waist.
Animal print - ANY animal print.
Rolling up your baggy sweatshirt to make it a crop top - Just buy a crop top!!

Reactions: 4
Iโ€™m a leopard print addict not on Bet Linch levels dressed head to toe but I like the nice mid dresses that are in at the moment. I was a bar maid in my student days lol ๐Ÿ˜†
Ha ha i always say im Bet Lynching when i wear it although like you its not full Bet ๐Ÿ˜‚
Its either dress/ top Bet or shoes or bag !

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I once saw a girl at a bus stop wearing a skin-coloured unitard. I thought she was naked. She was beautiful and had a great figure and still looked awful. Also, a trend I noticed last year, not sure if it's still a thing, but fishnet skirts. Literal fishnet, completely transparent skirts. Bonus points if its neon. It's not a good look, on anyone. :ROFLMAO:

Also bit personally offended at everyone saying beards. My husbands Sikh and has a long beard, he washes it everyday with shampoo and then styles it with beard oil. It's certainly not dirty! He even ties it up for work. ๐Ÿ˜
I love beards. I wish my husband looked after his so beautifully as your husband though ๐Ÿ˜Š

Reactions: 1
Ha ha i always say im Bet Lynching when i wear it although like you its not full Bet ๐Ÿ˜‚
Its either dress/ top Bet or shoes or bag !
I with you there, one item of leopard print. Iโ€™m blonde too and busty so I definitely have the bet vibe but Iโ€™m think I look slightly better. Lol ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
I like a bit of leopard print. A BIT of leopard print though, not head to toe.

I'm brunette and the opposite of busty though ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I like a bit of leopard print. A BIT of leopard print though, not head to toe.

I'm brunette and the opposite of busty though ๐Ÿ˜‚
๐Ÿ˜ I did see a lady one head to toe in leopard print including outfit, bag & matching boots, she was giving Carol Baskin a run for her money. ๐ŸคฃBut she seemed happy so good on her.
I did have a face mask ๐Ÿ˜ท made in leopard print, itโ€™s tasteful I promise.
Sorry non leopard print fans. ๐Ÿ˜†

busty too but brunette ๐Ÿ˜‰
At the minute Iโ€™m working from home & Iโ€™m not wearing all my nice clothes at the min. Im actually looking forward to get back into the office so I can dress up abit. I think of got lazy in lockdown.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.