Fashion Mumblr #18 Oh X-Mas tree, Oh X-Mas tree, 12ft seems too big to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since H&M fucked out off our "city" C&A is the only thing left for affordable basics.
The foundation that owned the space/house that they rented for like 20y or so found it was a good idea to crank up the rent (don't know how much, though, but I think it must be a good amount) and H&M weren't having it. Don't know if they will ever come back since they try to focus more on online business. Not a fan of that, though. I wanna see the stuff and not order and then have to send it back.
Now we are dependent on C&A for the latest fashion hits in store 😒
I don't think C&A have traded in the UK for about 20 years now, I wonder if it's the same company 🤔
Another shop that disappeared from the British high street.
I remember my Mum buying me a dress from C&A when I was little that gave me electric shocks and made my hair stand on end every time I wore it... that's polyester for you, it's natural fibres for me now 🤭

Her house is now haunted? LOL Good. The ghosts are pissed off at the bulls**** she's done to the house.
Who's she kidding 🙄
They already showed us those lights / bulbs can be adjusted from their phones.
She says she feels a presence... that'll be the presence of her mother, brother, the menagerie of Ironses, friends, influencers, casual acquaintances, painters & decorators, joiners plus two sausage dogs.
Anddd does she have an Uncle Tom Cobbly? if so, count him in as well 😜

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Since H&M fucked out off our "city" C&A is the only thing left for affordable basics.
The foundation that owned the space/house that they rented for like 20y or so found it was a good idea to crank up the rent (don't know how much, though, but I think it must be a good amount) and H&M weren't having it. Don't know if they will ever come back since they try to focus more on online business. Not a fan of that, though. I wanna see the stuff and not order and then have to send it back.
Now we are dependent on C&A for the latest fashion hits in store 😒
Well I always liked them despite my husband’s opinion which I told him where to go when he first told me. I think C&A is better quality than H&M for somethings 💖

Reactions: 8
No surprise the gold and very FRENCH looking fireplace screen is tooo tiny and has been placed off center 😱 to accommodate GIANT GLITTER MOON that is not really Christmas vibes outside of the GLITTER. Which as karma will have it... she will be finding gold glitter in every crack and crevasse until next Christmas. 😈

I can’t even DEAL with that LAZY white stringed light spider🕷🕸 on her tree. This is also a NO from me!

D08C0C63-7E58-426D-883B-8830834C33D4.png
E1CB789E-E569-4A22-AA47-F858D987577E.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
That moon looks like something that we use to decorate my daughter's school dances. Not something that belongs in a period home. She would put lipstick on a pig and call it panchetta.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
She says the word 'autumnal' in every vlog....
then puts up her Christmas tree in October...

I am sick of her doing poor northern accents. Sounds more like Stoke.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Has she really put her Christmas tree up in Oct or is it for a shoot etc? bloody hell shes earlier then the Christmas fairy herself Zoella!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The more I watch the more it becomes abundantly clear that like with most of her impulse purchases that house was probably also an impulse buy too because the longer they live there the worse that house is looking in my opinion and it seems many others. They have no idea on how to decorate it at all. I wonder how the house looked before in terms of decor. The best advice is to go to period homes, there’s plenty of coffee table books out there. English Heritage is a great resource for advice. You can’t dress a 14th century house in things you’d put in a modern London home.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I know that Josie is a blogger or what ever she is, but I can’t even imagine or think of Christmas. We have just gone into lockdown here in France, and we are not even sure that Christmas will even be able to take place…
I am pretty sure the UK is going back into lockdown soon from what I've read (not 100% on that as I don't live there and only read articles on it) I feel for all the colder climate countries at the moment, I couldn't imagine being in lockdown over the Xmas time period, I live in Australia and besides Victoria all the rest of the country we have been out of lockdown for a while and are on track for a great Xmas time in the summer heat (crossing fingers we won't see as much bushfires this time round 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼) stay safe all and hope these "influencers" (crafty way of saying overpaid sales reps) actually do the right thing by the community that lives around them.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
That moon looks like something that we use to decorate my daughter's school dances. Not something that belongs in a period home. She would put lipstick on a pig and call it panchetta.
I'm waiting for the glitterball to appear! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's lashing with rain and windy, I thought I would update my list of people she has undermined, offended or insulted since moving to the Cotswolds.
I also thought I would make a list of all her impulse buys that we know she regrets or have never seen the light of day again but I then thought I would take the dogs for a walk in Storm Aiden because it would take the whole weekend to make the lists. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
No surprise the gold and very FRENCH looking fireplace screen is tooo tiny and has been placed off center 😱 to accommodate GIANT GLITTER MOON that is not really Christmas vibes outside of the GLITTER. Which as karma will have it... she will be finding gold glitter in every crack and crevasse until next Christmas. 😈

I can’t even DEAL with that LAZY white stringed light spider🕷🕸 on her tree. This is also a NO from me!

View attachment 294400View attachment 294401
Her attempt at dressing a period home for Christmas is an "epic" fail.

These are examples of what I'd like to see in her home (at Christmas, not October).

20201031_103829.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The more I watch the more it becomes abundantly clear that like with most of her impulse purchases that house was probably also an impulse buy too because the longer they live there the worse that house is looking in my opinion and it seems many others. They have no idea on how to decorate it at all. I wonder how the house looked before in terms of decor. The best advice is to go to period homes, there’s plenty of coffee table books out there. English Heritage is a great resource for advice. You can’t dress a 14th century house in things you’d put in a modern London home.
I made this suggestion to her months ago on YT but she deleted my comment. 😁

View attachment 294400View attachment 294401
The fire guard is much, much too small in aesthetics and for purpose.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Her attempt at dressing a period home for Christmas is an "epic" fail.

These are examples of what I'd like to see in her home (at Christmas, not October).

View attachment 294681
Josie needs to get a pre-lit Xmas tree, I think balsam sell them but they are more expensive then traditional unlit trees, personally as it would make the look more effortless, unlike josie's attempt, also I am purchasing a balsam hill au tree as I like the fullness and the styles of trees but I'll have to wait until I move next year 😊 as my little house won't fit more then 1 big tree in it and I already have one, we want to make an Xmas tree forest for next year's Xmas will look great

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Josie needs to get a pre-lit Xmas tree, I think balsam sell them but they are more expensive then traditional unlit trees, personally as it would make the look more effortless, unlike josie's attempt, also I am purchasing a balsam hill au tree as I like the fullness and the styles of trees but I'll have to wait until I move next year 😊 as my little house won't fit more then 1 big tree in it and I already have one, we want to make an Xmas tree forest for next year's Xmas will look great
Wasn't her 12'' tree from that company?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think she could have kept it a little more modern had they left the wall colors alone but she’s trying to create who knows what Mini-SoHo-Farmhouse-on-the-prairie-with-touch-of-Versailles.

She could have decorated both modern and respectful and not try to compete with Buckingham Palace

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I finally got round to watching her vlog.

They are having photos taken, sat around the anal bead table and using it as a games table, playing backgammon 🙄
I hate that table, it was such an extortionate price from SFH. They could have bought a real antique games table, which would be in keeping with the house.

Wasn't her 12'' tree from that company?
Yep Balsam Hill 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.