Family Vloggers who use real life emergencies for profit.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Family Vloggers who use real life emergencies as clickbait.

A couple of weeks ago a vlog popped up on my recommended and it was a family vlogging channel. I clicked on it as I couldn’t quite get over the fact people with fathom picking up a camera.

I tried to find it again I was so troubled by it and I wanted to speak about it here so I tried searching for it.

I thought the Ingham’s were bad but clickbait illness, but some people take it to a whole new level. Its left me feeling so uneasy!

People are profiting of this stuff. It’s quite sick in my opinion.

Look at this…

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=SHE+got+rushed+to+hospital+FAMILY+VLOGGER

1542978107073.png

1542978127029.png

Reactions: 2
I hate when people do this. There was another family I think who filmed their dying grandfathers last moments and posted it online. There's wanting to remember them and exploiting them! And if I was dying, I wouldn't want to be remembered that way looking my worst and barely being able to function.

Do you think they started off self involved or do you think it happens over time, do you think numbers consume these people and all morals go out the window?

Where to they draw the line, this mother shoved a camera in her child face while the kid couldn't breath and was being transfered to another hostpital.

The dad sat in the car park for 10 minutes explaining to the veiwers what was going on rather than following the ambulance.

It hurts my heart!

Reactions: 4
The worrying thing is that bad news does mean more views so serious illness, divorces, deaths are not off limit to some people.
I'm sure there is an argument that viewers don't want to only see the rosie side of life. They want it to be real and relatable but in my opinion it is clickbait and profiting from these types of situations is quite revolting.
Even on everyday social media I hate the tagging in at the hospital. I have even seen photos taken at funerals posted online. Nothing seems to be off limits.

Reactions: 3
Do you think they started off self involved or do you think it happens over time, do you think numbers consume these people and all morals go out the window?
I think it depends on the family, but I think most must be quite self-involved to begin with to vlog in the first place. Although morals do seem to go out the window the bigger these families get. (Unless you're the Inghams, who I don't think had any morals to begin with)

What bothers me is that they don't think about how it might affect their audience, who are mostly kids themselves. Like the Inghams when they did all of those clickbait miscarriage videos - there were comments from kids about how distressing it was, or how it upset them that they would suggest something like that. Obviously its a parents responsibility to monitor what their kids see online, but its so easy for these kids to become totally invested and feel like they're going through the 'struggle' with the family.

It's been a running joke with myself who I text when am in the hospital with a guess where I am insert picture of hand with my cannula attached...that's all my friend gets to see because quite frankly I think I have seen more of the hospital for pain relief than my own home in two years.

However I wouldn't even dream of posting stuff like this to say somewhere like noseybook because quite frankly that's all it is really... and gosh the state of me in pain isn't a pretty sight so a hand picture to my friend as a running joke between the pair of us, if I didn't do that I think I would have lost my sanity a long time ago. Photos of me absolutely not, and for someone to vlog absolutely not. My children although grown, no way absolutely not.

There is a huge difference between these types of families showing family emergencies, than those that are vlogging and being up front about journeys with cancer for example. I have found those vloggers inspirational, informative, uplifting and no doubt helpful to many. However they are not family vloggers. They explain fully who they are, and why they are vlogging and although it can be raw and upsetting to watch at times. It's a total kettle of fish. In my opinion. I haven't seen one yet whose lost their life vlog that though. Usually just a statement is issued.

I completely agree It's me - I also joke about the drip with friends. I find it so funny when people say 'I'm so ill and post the drip picture to social media. I'm still ok with that because its about them but when they do it to the children I hate it.

but in this vlog the mum and the dad were both filming - Mum in the ambulance and dad outside the ambulance - then they edited to show it from both perspectives. I will see if I can find it.

Reactions: 1
I completely agree It's me - I also joke about the drip with friends. I find it so funny when people say 'I'm so ill and post the drip picture to social media. I'm still ok with that because its about them but when they do it to the children I hate it.

but in this vlog the mum and the dad were both filming - Mum in the ambulance and dad outside the ambulance - then they edited to show it from both perspectives. I will see if I can find it.
Like I say it's been a long standing joke..that am here again!

I have been taken in the ambulance yes but I definitely wouldn't have wanted that filmed and with OH following behind me.. if we were vloggers I would kill him if he thought to give an update on me or my kids going in the ambulance.

Most people are not medically minded, and although paramedics are, and even doctors are they can also be wrong with the initial diagnosis. I had suspected gall stones last year which was actually pnuemonia. It's common misdiagnosis. Not always what is expected though.

I think it seems though once they have taken time to vlog, people seem to think that sod it we will post it. No real editing except extra effects. It's shameful!

This annoys me. At some point all vloggers seem to clickbait an emergency.
I find it disgusting.

I stopped watching the Nasey Family after Ni got rushed in and they put it on, making out she had had a stroke then 2 or 3 days later said it was a migraine and she was ok. In those 2 days of silence the teen subscribers were constantly sending sympathy and genuine concern because of the "drama" they filmed.

Gosh The R Family get their money’s worth from the NHS don't they!

I wonder if some vloggers can make it to hospital without the need for an ambulance but call one anyway because it makes it a little more dramatic.

Sadly in the UK now the ambulance service is seen as a taxi service to hospital not just for emergencies.
In my work I deal with Paramedics almost weekly and the stories they tell it's crazy what they get called out to that isn't a medical emergency. Anything from feeling lonely, sore throat, cough or stubbed toe.

Also if I was a paramedic I would ask not to film and to allow me to continue to do my job without a Gx7 in my way.

Reactions: 6
my mom had kidney stones way back when i was 16 and i had to handle the situation myself because i was the only one in the house, i literally though she was having a heart attack and got an abulance to come get her. in that moment, i had never been so scared in my life! i could NEVER imagine in that situation whipping out a camera! there a things that are acceptable to post online (if everyone concents to it) and then there are serious personal things that need to be delt with amonst the family, and hospital emegency are one of them

I’ve also noticed on Instagram people sharing photos of themselves in upsetting situations that look candidly shot but actually they must have set them up?!

I think these people genuinely start to think their life is like tv or film. But when these sad little shots of them across a room hugging each other and crying or holding a dying relative’s hand appear, we know it’s not screen writers and producers creating a scene to evoke emotion using actors. Real people are setting up these shots of their real life tragedies!

Sort of reminds me of those people on Facebook who tag themselves in at the hospital with their location, if your truly sick then updating your Facebook would and should be the last of your worries!

There was a review for my local NHS hospital's FB page where someone complained of lack of appropriate pain management after surgery, but also complained about no WiFi in the building and the bad food. I thought if you're in pain, why would you care about WiFi for your phone?

There are SO many vloggers that do this, I'm struggling to find one that doesn't. If it's not the children, it's them.

They just love bad health. It gets the views. Awful.

And if there's nothing actually wrong with them, they'll post a thumbnail of them crying or looking wistfully off to one side and 'HAVING A BAD DAY!'

Desperadoes!

The Ballinger kid needs his tonsils out and this is the thumbnail. Really misleading, as he thinks it will be great fun and the mom hasn't explained it won't be fun lol. LOOK HORRIFIED KID. These parents are the worst, just get normal jobs and stop using your kids.

And then there's their relative, begging for subscribers in any way shape or form on one channel, for her other channel.

and ofc she is going to delete it soon, because it's embarrassing and desperate!!

Last edited:
T
Sadly in the UK now the ambulance service is seen as a taxi service to hospital not just for emergencies.
In my work I deal with Paramedics almost weekly and the stories they tell it's crazy what they get called out to that isn't a medical emergency. Anything from feeling lonely, sore throat, cough or stubbed toe.

Also if I was a paramedic I would ask not to film and to allow me to continue to do my job without a Gx7 in my way.
These are the people who should be made to pay for being complete time wasters

T

These are the people who should be made to pay for being complete time wasters
I came across someone on the radio in 2008 complaining about people who call ambulances for cuts. But the individual then said 'oh they must have severe childhood emotional issues if they need tons of help for a cut'. LOL.