Family Freedom and the unlikeable JoJo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Ainat

I think Jojo is autistic. If you read through the thread many others agree. The best thing for Jojo would be to put him back in school where he can have stability, routine, a proper education and actual friends his age. I feel like he never sees any kids his own age now Sienna and her family have moved to Dubai.

They do need to start disciplining him. They use the excuse of his special needs but other kids who are on the spectrum are disciplined without any negative side effects. I think he is a brat as well. All the younger YouTube kids will probably end up needing some sort of therapy someday when they realise the world does not centre around them.

Reactions: 1
The thing that gets on my wick is then calling each other “mummy” and “daddy” (shudder)

I think they have mentioned he has additional needs. They are so obsessed with him, I wonder how the dynamics will change if they have another child?

How do they make their money? YouTube isn’t that lucrative anymore, and the Ethics company has a lot of partners. They have a good lifestyle, but they don’t work full time.

I’ve been watching a few of their videos. Good Lord Bob is a patronising hole! Katie comes across as thick as a brick, and that’s he treats her. So up his own arse too. I find him much worse than Darren Fizz.

I’ve never seen a child as babied as Jojo. They treat him like a toddler. I can’t imagine he would take well to a new baby.

They also talk like they’re really big on YouTube. They don’t have that many views. Is YouTube their full time job?

I wonder how long it will be until they’re meeting up with family fizz now they’re back in the UK

Reactions: 2
How do they make their money? YouTube isn’t that lucrative anymore, and the Ethics company has a lot of partners. They have a good lifestyle, but they don’t work full time.
JoJo has needs and is under 16 so they will get DLA and Kate could be his career, so more money for that. Housing benefit, they live in a council looking flat. Sam lives at home still with a job so I’m sure he pays them something. Jamie moved back in as well. Bob could be getting benefits too.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I wish this thread was busier. I’ve been watching a few of their videos lately and they’re just mental.

Jojo (is that his real name?) certainly rules the roost! In one video I watched the mum didn’t want the same meal as him and asked him if it was ok if she had something different! And I bet if he’d said no she would have ate a meal she didn’t want to please him!

They were doing a challenge in a supermarket and Jojo shouted a his mum to go away. There was an elderly lady there that gave a look that just said “you’d have got a clip round the ear in my day” 😂

If they had another baby I could foresee big problems with that wee boy!

They try to be Family Fizz but in parenting they’re the total opposite! In my opinion a lot of the time Fizz treat Mia and Sienna like they’re a lot older. With Freedom they treat Jojo like a toddler.

I think it was last Xmas he got a toy kitchen and looked ridiculous playing with it. Those are for toddlers and pre-school age kids and he’s so tall it looked silly!

Also, where the hell would they put another baby? One of their kids is already having to sleep in the living room!

Reactions: 5
I wish this thread was busier. I’ve been watching a few of their videos lately and they’re just mental.

Jojo (is that his real name?) certainly rules the roost! In one video I watched the mum didn’t want the same meal as him and asked him if it was ok if she had something different! And I bet if he’d said no she would have ate a meal she didn’t want to please him!

They were doing a challenge in a supermarket and Jojo shouted a his mum to go away. There was an elderly lady there that gave a look that just said “you’d have got a clip round the ear in my day” 😂

They try to be Family Fizz but in parenting they’re the total opposite! In my opinion a lot of the time Fizz treat Mia and Sienna like they’re a lot older. With Freedom they treat Jojo like a toddler.

I think it was last Xmas he got a toy kitchen and looked ridiculous playing with it. Those are for toddlers and pre-school age kids and he’s so tall it looked silly!

Also, where the hell would they put another baby? One of their kids is already having to sleep in the living room!
I thought it was an odd choice of present!!!!! And he carries a care bear that they encourage and get it to “talk”....he don’t seem that in to it all

I thought it was an odd choice of present!!!!! And he carries a care bear that they encourage and get it to “talk”....he don’t seem that in to it all
There’s just so much oddness there!

And omg Katie needs to cut that hair. It’s like 00’s girl band hair and looks terrible!

I often feel this way about the Family Fizz thread! While I think this family have their issues, at least they have SOME sense of grounding in reality with their videos and I admire their zero-waste intentions.

The fizz fam hate unrecognisable from their early days! I have no shame in admitting I go quite like the freedom videos and also think it’s important to remember that JoJo does have additional needs. That though does worry me with the prospect of a baby.

I often feel this way about the Family Fizz thread! While I think this family have their issues, at least they have SOME sense of grounding in reality with their videos and I admire their zero-waste intentions.

The fizz fam hate unrecognisable from their early days! I have no shame in admitting I go quite like the freedom videos and also think it’s important to remember that JoJo does have additional needs. That though does worry me with the prospect of a baby.
Yeah, I get that he has additional needs, but at times he’s really rude and they laugh instead of correcting him. I feel like they even encourage it at times, which makes him look like a total brat. To me that is just bad manners.

We have a little one with Down’s syndrome so know what it’s like to have a child with additional needs, but in my opinion good manners is the most important thing to teach them. But then Bob is like that too. Always talking over Katie.

Family fizz have totally changed. I think their lack of effort with the channel is going to lose them a lot of viewers.

Not to speculate but my boyfriend and I think Sam might be autistic, he has a nephew that has it and they act very very similar.

They also said in the reading hate comments video that they don’t have to worry about money so we know they must be somewhat well off. If Sam is autistic then that’s another lot of DLA (PIP) that they’d be getting, Bob could be registered as his carer so he’d get carers allowance. Also Jamie has also had decent jobs; Thorpe Park and currently Legoland.

Random but Sams girlfriend Emily, her mother was a priest.

With everything going on with Coronavirus, making a song and dance about your caravan being a bit too air freshener-y and then click baiting it as illness is really low.
If that’s all they bloody have to worry about!!!

Reactions: 5
I really liked this family, but the last video with “Katie’s tip of the day” on coronavirus was awful and so irresponsible. They could end up being super spreaders and are just waltzing around the country, judging people who do the responsible thing!

He didn't even look like he wanted that kitchen as a gift, he looked so confused by it even though they said he had been wanting one

He didn't even look like he wanted that kitchen as a gift, he looked so confused by it even though they said he had been wanting one
Yeah. He must not get much feedback from
his peers but even the height of it would tell him it’s for babies. Our 4 year old has grown out of her toy kitchen!

What was it with the “nobody does a service station like family freedom”? That lost me! All they do is go to Greggs and get sausage rolls?

I so wish this thread was more active. They do my head in!

Yeah. He must not get much feedback from
his peers but even the height of it would tell him it’s for babies. Our 4 year old has grown out of her toy kitchen!

What was it with the “nobody does a service station like family freedom”? That lost me! All they do is go to Greggs and get sausage rolls?

I so wish this thread was more active. They do my head in!
They knew they were going to be on the road, it blows my mind why they didn't buy something with a nicer price tag before they set off. I guess they can spend their money on what they want but they're always on about saving money.

I used to enjoy watching them but they're grinding my gears.

The Christmas day vlog tipped me over the edge it was totally ruined by the constant mentioning of recycling the wrapping paper during and after every gift. Say it once then enjoy your day. You're not saints.

Also Bob cannot write a poem to save his life, they have seemed to enjoy them previous years but all the kids looked bored af this year listening to it!

They knew they were going to be on the road, it blows my mind why they didn't buy something with a nicer price tag before they set off. I guess they can spend their money on what they want but they're always on about saving money.

I used to enjoy watching them but they're grinding my gears.

The Christmas day vlog tipped me over the edge it was totally ruined by the constant mentioning of recycling the wrapping paper during and after every gift. Say it once then enjoy your day. You're not saints.

Also Bob cannot write a poem to save his life, they have seemed to enjoy them previous years but all the kids looked bored af this year listening to it!
Bob makes me cringe every time I look at him! I think once upon a time someone has told him he’s hilarious and he’s believed them!

I found the part about JoJo being excited for SOFT PLAY a bit concerning.

I know they’ve referenced certain difficulties, so I was hesitant to mention, but I do think there’s lack of transparency when they CHOOSE to broadcast their lives.

Also, I do worry that JoJo won’t be getting sufficient support, especially considering that he isn’t in mainstream education.