Family Fizz #7 Won't protect their kids' skin but happy to give them melatonin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder whether Mia is considering University and whether that she would study in Costa Rica or another country, the UK for instance? Obviously, Uni is not for everyone and it can be more hassle than it's worth, however it could be really good for her socially if she has the necessary academic qualifications. I feel like at 17 I was already preparing my personal statement and starting to think seriously about where I would study and what I would do. She could even study Spanish and do really well! As Uni isn't just for the degree it's about growing up, and being independent as well, or that's what I like to tell myself :ROFLMAO:

Sorry if this has been discussed before!

Reactions: 17
I wonder whether Mia is considering University and whether that she would study in Costa Rica or another country, the UK for instance? Obviously, Uni is not for everyone and it can be more hassle than it's worth, however it could be really good for her socially if she has the necessary academic qualifications. I feel like at 17 I was already preparing my personal statement and starting to think seriously about where I would study and what I would do. She could even study Spanish and do really well! As Uni isn't just for the degree it's about growing up, and being independent as well, or that's what I like to tell myself :ROFLMAO:

Sorry if this has been discussed before!
I mean... can she even access university if she wanted to? Her parents have done her a disservice by not giving her the formal qualifications nearly everyone in the UK has. Qualifications would have given her the foundation to do many different things, but her parents didn't seem to care and it I think it's really bad parenting! I remember in the Gran Canaria days, Darren arrogantly said "we're a family of entrepreneurs" and hence don't need formal education... what a ridiculous thing to say!

It's almost like they've tried to keep her infantilised and dependant on them, hence setting her up to be dependent on the coattails of the FizzFam channel. I think Mia would have loved to have done GCSEs and A-levels, go to uni and be independent... many people do. I think she'll come to regret not pushing to do her qualifications... it's not like you can't do them via distance learning, either! No excuse, every good parent knows that their kid needs basic qualifications for all sorts of reasons

Reactions: 17
I mean... can she even access university if she wanted to? Her parents have done her a disservice by not giving her the formal qualifications nearly everyone in the UK has. Qualifications would have given her the foundation to do many different things, but her parents didn't seem to care and it I think it's really bad parenting! I remember in the Gran Canaria days, Darren arrogantly said "we're a family of entrepreneurs" and hence don't need formal education... what a ridiculous thing to say!

It's almost like they've tried to keep her infantilised and dependant on them, hence setting her up to be dependent on the coattails of the FizzFam channel. I think Mia would have loved to have done GCSEs and A-levels, go to uni and be independent... many people do. I think she'll come to regret not pushing to do her qualifications... it's not like you can't do them via distance learning, either! No excuse, every good parent knows that their kid needs basic qualifications for all sorts of reasons
Ah sorry, I used to watch their channel when they first started and stopped soon after their youngest child was born, only recently have I sort of caught up on where they're at. I actually assumed that Mia would have done some sort of schooling, and would have at least enough GCSEs to do A-levels. I'm just so confused as to why a parent wouldn't encourage their child to have a backup plan of sorts, I get the impression that the parents look down on school in some way?

Reactions: 7
Ah sorry, I used to watch their channel when they first started and stopped soon after their youngest child was born, only recently have I sort of caught up on where they're at. I actually assumed that Mia would have done some sort of schooling, and would have at least enough GCSEs to do A-levels. I'm just so confused as to why a parent wouldn't encourage their child to have a backup plan of sorts, I get the impression that the parents look down on school in some way?
I think they also look down on working for someone as well - think they want their children to pursue their own businesses and work for themselves like they do. Hence the no need for qualifications and they’ve already got the money to invest or for starting up their own business. That’s what I reckon they are thinking anyway 🤷🏽‍♀️

Are they going to homeschool the youngest I reckon? Teach them both to read and write, basic maths? Hmm that’ll be interesting to see what’ll happen there. Or whether they just do unschooling or something with them.

Reactions: 9
All of the degrees I know you need at least a pass in English and Maths GCSE, and sometimes A-Levels / BTEC to get in.
So I dont think she'd be able to sadly :( Unless things are different over in Costa Rica.

Reactions: 5
It angers me to to no end that D&G didn’t send Mia to school until she at least got her GCSE’s. Whether or not she would use her education, school is so important for social growth. I have no problems with homeschooling by the way, I think it can be beneficial to some people if it’s done correctly but we all know Mia does not undertake any kind of education right now. They are living in a bubble and have absolutely no prospects outside of that bubble. Maybe it’s wrong of me to say because I would never wish bad on anyone, but I really wish their bubble would burst so they could get a taste of reality. They need a wake up call.

Reactions: 12
The newest video where they get the golf cart... didn't it used to be called something like "$20,000 surprise" (something like that), because now the name is "Surprising Georgie with a brand new car" and I swear it was different when I watched it that day

Reactions: 6
I feel so uneasy watching these golf cart vlogs. I’m not sure if anybody remembers a year or so ago, the little girl Eva who fell off of a golf cart being driven slowly by a responsible adult. Her injuries were life changing. It makes me ill watching Sienna, Karma and Koa unsupervised on the golf cart whilst Darren and Georgie are up front and especially with Georgie driving. It only takes a second.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I feel so uneasy watching these golf cart vlogs. I’m not sure if anybody remembers a year or so ago, the little girl Eva who fell off of a golf cart being driven slowly by a responsible adult. Her injuries were life changing. It makes me ill watching Sienna, Karma and Koa unsupervised on the golf cart whilst Darren and Georgie are up front and especially with Georgie driving. It only takes a second.
Oh but don’t you know? The kids melatonin/de-constructed water/vegan diet keeps them safe from everything?!

but on a real note, I agree. Another poor parenting choice from Darren and Georgie☹

Oh but don’t you know? The kids melatonin/de-constructed water/vegan diet keeps them safe from everything?!

but on a real note, I agree. Another poor parenting choice from Darren and Georgie☹
Don’t worry girl, if they get hurt they’ll feed the kids kombucha and heal them with Crystals

• Haha

This is kinda old might have been talked about before, I don't come round here often
Sorry but how is it possible to be so uncoordinated. Really does my head in watching it ahaha

Also I'm 17 and just written my personal statement. I've received 4/5 offers for uni (just waiting on one to get back to me). I think I'm Mias age although I thought she was one school year below me for some reason. I do think her going to uni would do her good but I'm not sure it's possible. Definitely not in the UK because she'd need atleast a 4/5 in Maths and English to even start a foundation course.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
i just can’t agree with homeschooling at all. if anyone could teach why do teachers need qualifications to teach? homeschooling your children and teaching them yourself is wrongly assuming anyone could be a teacher

Reactions: 9

This is kinda old might have been talked about before, I don't come round here often
Sorry but how is it possible to be so uncoordinated. Really does my head in watching it ahaha

Also I'm 17 and just written my personal statement. I've received 4/5 offers for uni (just waiting on one to get back to me). I think I'm Mias age although I thought she was one school year below me for some reason. I do think her going to uni would do her good but I'm not sure it's possible. Definitely not in the UK because she'd need atleast a 4/5 in Maths and English to even start a foundation course.
Mia is 16 and will be 17 this December. As you've applied to uni I'm assuming you'll be turning 18 by the end of this academic year whereas Mia will only be 17 by the end of the same time frame.

But you're right about the rest! To get into uni (UK anyway), if she ever wanted to, would mean her passing gcse maths and English and then either A levels or equivalent. She may be able to take an access course but I don't know if those are only for those who don't have grades within the past 3(?) years or if they count for anyone.

However, I doubt Mia will ever try as she definitely isn't being encouraged to pursue her education in any way.

(Well done on your uni offers btw!)

Reactions: 8
i just can’t agree with homeschooling at all. if anyone could teach why do teachers need qualifications to teach? homeschooling your children and teaching them yourself is wrongly assuming anyone could be a teacher
i agree, if you are going to homeschool your children for whatever reason, you need to be fully committed to providing them with the same level of education they would receive in a regular school by hiring private tutors etc. Darren and Georgie really just give sienna random workbooks and call it homeschool. Such a joke and a disservice to their children.

Mia probably has more money saved than I've ever had in my entire life.. it's never too late to study, she may change her mind one day .

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.