Family Fizz #6 Treasure others used to be our motto, but now we play the covid lotto

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well there are really good reasons to be vegan it's not like a punishment it's not even a sacrifice really if she's already vegan she shouldn't feel like she's being punished because it's good for the environment and other living beings. I don't get why there are quite a few people who seem to have a problem with them/their children being vegan. That's not really something to criticize.
I made the comment and my point was not in reference to being vegan, it was the sheer panic that Georgie needed to check the pizza was vegan.

As someone who was brought up vegetarian and chose to continue being vegetarian off my own choice, I can say in my teens if I went out for food with my friends, my mum didn't check I ate vegetarian when I came home.

Reactions: 9
I watched the video after seeing the comments about Georgie asking Mia about the Pizza and I really think everything has been overstated. It was quite casually asked and I didn't sense any panic, didn't come across as controlling at all. I'm a vegan and I can easily imagine my non vegan mother asking me that when I was younger.

To me it sounded like Georgi, upon hearing that Mia went to a pizza place with friends, asked Mia if there were vegan options to see if she was able to get anything to eat there. It didn't sound like Georgia was worried that Mia may have eaten something non vegan, it sounded like she took it as a given that Mia wouldn't eat anything non vegan and wanted to make sure she had something to eat/her friends chose a place that accommodated her needs

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know they are joking about Sienna being the 'forgotten child' but there is a sad shade of truth to it.
Darren said “ people will believe if you keep saying it “ as in they know we will discuss it in here like they have talked a lot about some topics we were discussing in here as Mia’s friends age and home schooling and such

Reactions: 6
I only watched the video because I wondered how they managed to do the letting the person in front of us decide what we eat in McDonalds and still get the vegan option. I’m confused why they would even put McDonald’s in the thumbnail. Surely promoting them must go against their vegan beliefs.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Well there are really good reasons to be vegan it's not like a punishment it's not even a sacrifice really if she's already vegan she shouldn't feel like she's being punished because it's good for the environment and other living beings. I don't get why there are quite a few people who seem to have a problem with them/their children being vegan. That's not really something to criticize.
I don't have a problem with veganism. My issue is that they act that it's all the kids choice and they want this life, etc., then the second that could change, you can tell that's not the truth. The fact is, Mia is becoming her own person and may not always be vegan and they need to be fine with that *shrug*. Being vegan is hard work AND a sacrifice. For some, it's worth it. For others, it's not.

I watched the video after seeing the comments about Georgie asking Mia about the Pizza and I really think everything has been overstated. It was quite casually asked and I didn't sense any panic, didn't come across as controlling at all. I'm a vegan and I can easily imagine my non vegan mother asking me that when I was younger.

To me it sounded like Georgi, upon hearing that Mia went to a pizza place with friends, asked Mia if there were vegan options to see if she was able to get anything to eat there. It didn't sound like Georgia was worried that Mia may have eaten something non vegan, it sounded like she took it as a given that Mia wouldn't eat anything non vegan and wanted to make sure she had something to eat/her friends chose a place that accommodated her needs
But if she trusted her to only eat vegan foods why would she even ask if there were vegan options? Obviously they were vegan options if she ate, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't have a problem with veganism. My issue is that they act that it's all the kids choice and they want this life, etc., then the second that could change, you can tell that's not the truth. The fact is, Mia is becoming her own person and may not always be vegan and they need to be fine with that *shrug*. Being vegan is hard work AND a sacrifice. For some, it's worth it. For others, it's not.

But if she trusted her to only eat vegan foods why would she even ask if there were vegan options? Obviously they were vegan options if she ate, no?
She simply said ‘we got pizza’, she could have meant she and her friends went to a pizza place and they bought pizza. From that sentence it seems likely that Mia ate but not a 100% certainty. If she said ‘I had some pizza’ or similar phrasing, there would be no ambiguity and I doubt Georgi would have asked/said anything.

There was nothing in Georgi’s tone that sounded panicky or controlling or anything, it sounded very casual and normal and Georgi checking that her daughter managed to get something to eat.

Reactions: 1
Exactly! This is so true and exactly why I made my comment.

The fact that people on this thread have to debate about the tone of a one-word question that Georgie said is honestly quite annoying. It's really not a big deal and at this point people on here are starting to rip apart single words that the family says. Come on.
I think you're getting a little excitable. No one was ripping a part...we were having a laugh. It became a big thing when suddenly people were saying everyone had a problem with them being vegan, which no one was saying.

She literally interrupted Mia to ask the question and it was the first thing she asked not, oh what did you get. She's a loud 16 year old and went out with 2 friends to the mall which would have multiple places to eat, I'm pretty sure that girl would find vegan food somewhere and has the confidence to ask her friends to go there if she wants.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.