Family Fizz #4 How about surprising your kids with stability?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One comment I'd make RE: Mia not having friends her own age and only hanging out with younger siblings, hence being likely to talk about childish things until adulthood. The Ingham Family send their kids to school (although last year when the UK closed schools, they took an extended holiday abroad all summer and apparently have taken their kids off the school registers so legally they are classed as home-schooled or 'receiving education by otherwise means than school' as the Education Act phrases it) but they seem to not allow the girls to play with friends in their own age group. The oldest girl has two maternal half-sisters who are 4 and 7 years younger than her and it seems odd that her parents push her to play with her young siblings rather than let her have friends near her own age. So it's not an issue reserved for home-educated kids. I agree that G and D, in particular, are controlling of the kids so they aren't letting them do things outside the home so the problem is exacerbated.
I used to think the only good thing the ingham family did for their kids was actually send them to school but it seems their stupidity on the internet lead to their eldest being bullied, which is why she wanted to be homeschooled. Tbh, Mia would likely be picked on too in a British secondary school for the things she’s done on YouTube. I think G and D are just as bad as Chris and Sarah, both have used their kids inappropriately to make money, in particular using images of them in bathing costumes as clickbait. Of course Darren’s never had any allegations of doing anything as disgusting as Chris ingham has, but he also uses his teenage step daughter in revealing outfits as clickbait. Both families have an eldest daughter from a previous relationship who’s been cut off from her biological dad as well, and said daughters are used the most for inappropriate. I used to think family fizz were way better than the ingham family when really they’ve got just as many issues but I was just blinded to them for longer. G and D making their youngest kids perform for the camera and their eldest two pose in bikinis, is just as bad as S and C selling a doll of their little boy, both are selling their kids just in different forms.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I used to think the only good thing the ingham family did for their kids was actually send them to school but it seems their stupidity on the internet lead to their eldest being bullied, which is why she wanted to be homeschooled. Tbh, Mia would likely be picked on too in a British secondary school for the things she’s done on YouTube. I think G and D are just as bad as Chris and Sarah, both have used their kids inappropriately to make money, in particular using images of them in bathing costumes as clickbait. Of course Darren’s never had any allegations of doing anything as disgusting as Chris ingham has, but he also uses his teenage step daughter in revealing outfits as clickbait. Both families have an eldest daughter from a previous relationship who’s been cut off from her biological dad as well, and said daughters are used the most for inappropriate. I used to think family fizz were way better than the ingham family when really they’ve got just as many issues but I was just blinded to them for longer. G and D making their youngest kids perform for the camera and their eldest two pose in bikinis, is just as bad as S and C selling a doll of their little boy, both are selling their kids just in different forms.
I agree. I used to have more respect for Georgie and Darren and in particular thought that Georgie was an amazing mum. But they've gone down considerably in my estimation and are no worse than the Inghams in a lot of ways.

Reactions: 9
Has no one ever told Mia not to wear colours that are similar to her skin tone?? A pic she posted on her insta came up on my discover page of her in a nude swimming costume, and I had to do a double take lmaooo
Probably intentional 🥴
I'm pretty sure her mum gave it to her for her birthday so it wasn't her who chose it.

Reactions: 4
I just watched Mias “all nighter” vid...why didn’t she remove her makeup before showering? Wtf 🤨

Reactions: 5
I just watched Mias “all nighter” vid...why didn’t she remove her makeup before showering? Wtf 🤨
I think she’s really insecure about her skin but her parents are too stupid and against proper medicine to get her help. I also thought it was kinda funny how she was struggling to stay awake at like 11pm. Most 16 year olds are only just getting ready for bed at that time. At the start of the video she said she’d usually be winding down for the night but that was like 7pm. I get it’s good to have a good routine of going to be early and waking up early but usually 9-10pm is the earliest anyone over 12 will go to bed really. I just found it weird how it seems like Mia’s never even stayed up late watching YouTube or tv, or reading before, when most people do it all the time.

Reactions: 16
Darren is such a weird man behind the camera not speaking filming his 16 year old stepdaughter in her swimsuit. Mia is 16 but lives her life like she’s 30 it’s not right at all. I understand why so many young girls watch her and are envious of her life but I find it so sad to watch. I’m so thankful I was never raised like that.

Reactions: 12
If Mia’s video is staying up all night, why is 75% of it filmed before 11:30 PM? Like c’mon 🤦🏼‍♀️

Just watched the latest Fizz Fam upload, shocked to see Darren irresponsibly giving Mia driving lessons in Mexico on an open road in a buggy cart, with poor Sienna hanging on for dear life on the back seat. No seat belts, no child seat, no regards for their safety, with Darren giving last minute instructions because he’s too busy trying to blog. Life’s just one big long prank for those two muppets. Most normal parents take their kids to an empty car park first.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Interesting they seem to think what is essentially a permanent vacation is adequate education. As if there is something inherently valuable about doing workbooks in an empty apartment just because it's ... in Mexico.. and not in Brighton? Even if there was something inherently valuable, what meaningful connection do any of them have to Mexican culture? They have no Mexican friends, not even the kids. They move from luxury airbnb to airbnb and call it cultural exposure because maybe they have to buy Spanish branded tofu. Any cultural exposure could only come from living in the community which they don't.

Not to mention the fact it's one of 6 countries they've lived in since 2018. There is only so much kids can keep separate when it is all the same blur of holiday apartments.

I worry so much for Sienna. Mia just creeps me out at this point with her weird blend of too childish and too adult, the unfounded confidence. I would feel bad but it's too much cringe.
The way they educate their kids seems so weird. There's another world travelling family I sometimes watch on YouTube called WorldTowning who also have a 16 year old daughter. The difference is their daughter seems to be getting the kind of education I wish I could have gotten. She speaks English, Spanish, French and some Japanese, took her SATs last year, is SCUBA certified and RYA Skipper Certified and they are always taking their kids to different classes in different countries, Tofu making in Japan, Dutch clog making in the Netherlands, bread baking in Morrocco. She also is learning business skills like Mia but she runs her own business doing Language Tutoring and a book club which are obviously things that look much better on a CV. They did a video last year {called something along the lines of RV Schooling a Middle School child) on the way they were schooling their 12 year old and they seem to put so much work into making sure they properly educate their children and socialize them. The 12 year old is regularly mentioned as being part of an online D&D group with kids around the world.

Then you also have the Bucket List Family who are now fitting their whole travel plans around the kids being able to go to one school and join clubs.

Family Fizz could be doing some stuff off camera but they seem like the kind of family who would brag about it. They can't be entirely against classic books as Mia was reading Treasure Island on her phone in one of the Gran Canaria vlogs and Sienna was asked her opinion on The Secret Garden in one of the Dubai vlogs I watched (she didn't like it). The only other mention of Mia actually reading anything I can think of is the Homeschooling vlog mentioned she'd read The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Teens and in one of the recent vlogs she was reading The Body Electric which has been criticized as being scientifically inaccurate. I have a really good memory when it comes to books being mentioned. Their homeschooling vlog didn't have very much detail which suggests they don't really plan anything and it comes across more like they don't care they are just living for the now and hoping they can keep the viewers none of them have that many marketable skills outside their current fame.

I don't really blame Mia for not realising how average her art is, I don't think they've ever mentioned going to a museum or art gallery her entire exposure is probably teens on Instagram and TikTok. Her bubble is going to have to burst at some point though.

This ended up much longer than I intended but I was reading this thread and it made me remember a lot of random stuff.

Reactions: 13
I always find myself comparing their home-schooling to Taira's family (a smaller YouTuber with 6 children, mostly home schooled) and it's shocking. They are an example of how home schooling CAN be great. But it really does have to be done properly!

Reactions: 10
I always find myself comparing their home-schooling to Taira's family (a smaller YouTuber with 6 children, mostly home schooled) and it's shocking. They are an example of how home schooling CAN be great. But it really does have to be done properly!
I think Taira is in danger of starting to head down a similar road though, especially when she pulled the kids who were in school out to go to Croatia. It seems like the ones who go to school go for a few months, then get pulled out, then go again - and this started even before COVID. I get the impression she really doesn’t want the kids to go to school, but the younger ones want to so she lets them but never seems to let them settle before they’re being pulled out again.

She’s definitely providing a much better standard of education than the FizzFam though, especially for the older ones who seem to enjoy studying.

I think Taira is in danger of starting to head down a similar road though, especially when she pulled the kids who were in school out to go to Croatia. It seems like the ones who go to school go for a few months, then get pulled out, then go again - and this started even before COVID. I get the impression she really doesn’t want the kids to go to school, but the younger ones want to so she lets them but never seems to let them settle before they’re being pulled out again.

She’s definitely providing a much better standard of education than the FizzFam though, especially for the older ones who seem to enjoy studying.
I think this tactic was also used on Sienna. By pulling her out and moving schools every few months it is no wonder she “chose” to be homeschooled. It must be so hard constantly settling. I can just imagine it. First day in class when wouldn’t have the right books or they would just be finishing some project so she’d miss out and just be muddling through. They’d start the next thing or she’d finally get all her logins and books, be engrossed in the new topics and then poof father Airbnb lease would be up, time for a new school. I’d rather stay home too.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
There is no way they truly believe they’re doing the right thing for their children’s future unless they’re not right in the head. Whether they like it or not they’ve become their own cult and are damaging their children’s lives, not to mention exploiting them. Would love to know why they can’t stay in the same place for more than a few weeks, as mentioned before seems like they’re running from something...

Would love to know why they can’t stay in the same place for more than a few weeks, as mentioned before seems like they’re running from something...
I've no idea what the houses are that they are renting if it's air bnb or similar but it could be due to renting short term lets - they don't want to rent somewhere for 12 months so not looking at long term, but then a maybe the short-term lets they choose they can only stay for a maximum amount of time so they might be forced to move on. Or someone else has booked it after them so they can't extend it..

Reactions: 3
I've no idea what the houses are that they are renting if it's air bnb or similar but it could be due to renting short term lets - they don't want to rent somewhere for 12 months so not looking at long term, but then a maybe the short-term lets they choose they can only stay for a maximum amount of time so they might be forced to move on. Or someone else has booked it after them so they can't extend it..
Completely agree that short term rentals are difficult, but maybe this should tell them it’s not the right thing to be doing. They seem incapable of staying in the same country even and giving their children any kind of stability. They always say how much they love whichever country they’re in so much, there must be another motive for moving around constantly. Just my opinion

Reactions: 7
I feel conflicted after watching Mia’s driving video. She looked so happy and the atmosphere of the video was cool, but in the same time D and G are irresponsible letting her to drive this type of car. Even when D was driving it at the beginning with Koa and Karma onboard without the car seats, car without even doors and windows. In case of a smallest crash or hard braking they would flew outside on the road.

• Wow
I dont think they were on actual roads though , it looks like a resort type road, the people they rented it off would have had rules they had to abide by. And plus those gold buggies cant be driven on roads, think about where you would find those? At a resort or a golf course, i am not a huge fsn of them but i habe to say they did choose the safest way to do this by choosing a gold buggy not. Real car on a real road

I feel conflicted after watching Mia’s driving video. She looked so happy and the atmosphere of the video was cool, but in the same time D and G are irresponsible letting her to drive this type of car. Even when D was driving it at the beginning with Koa and Karma onboard without the car seats, car without even doors and windows. In case of a smallest crash or hard braking they would flew outside on the road.
I haven't watched this particular video yet, but I have to question why georgie and Darren are encourage mia think about driving when they move countries so often? Rules of the road will be different depending on the country it would get far to difficult to learn. they should choose a country and settle

I haven't watched this particular video yet, but I have to question why georgie and Darren are encourage mia think about driving when they move countries so often? Rules of the road will be different depending on the country it would get far to difficult to learn. they should choose a country and settle
As far as I recall Georgie doesn't drive (I think she mentioned not having a license in a vlog but I don't remember which one) so maybe they're hoping Mia can partially take over the driving particularly things for her and maybe Sienna.

G+ D seem more focused on the two babies anyway, perhaps they are hoping for a re-do with two kids who will probably never set foot in a school and they can better indoctrinate with their beliefs?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.