Family Fizz #3 We once did drugs, now we stay virus free with hugs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a grown woman in my late 20s. I don't have children, but I do have an eating disorder and issues with body image. Strange as it sounds, I wish my own mother had been less prudish and more open about showing her body. It would make me realise what "normal" was, and make me more comfortable with my own body.

Reactions: 27
has anyone else noticed that when they don't upload on youtube, they don't post on any of their instagram accounts. Even Mia doesn't post any pictures or stories. It makes me think that Georgie and Darren are heavily controlling when and what she posts on her instagram. I think it's ok if parents sometimes need to monitor their kids' social media accounts but this seems like a different thing, like they're telling her when she can post on instagram and when she can't. I get weird vibes.

Reactions: 11
Also the milk the body produces is based on demand, so Karma isn't taking any 'milkies' from Koa.
Thanks, I'm aware of that. I would explain what I meant in a different way but nevermind...lol.

Are you more comfortable with "num nums" or "nummies" since "milkies" bothers you? It's baby speak...we're talking about a baby. Lol!

JK I actually go around talking like that in my daily life, it's fun.

Reactions: 2
has anyone else noticed that when they don't upload on youtube, they don't post on any of their instagram accounts. Even Mia doesn't post any pictures or stories. It makes me think that Georgie and Darren are heavily controlling when and what she posts on her instagram. I think it's ok if parents sometimes need to monitor their kids' social media accounts but this seems like a different thing, like they're telling her when she can post on instagram and when she can't. I get weird vibes.
I've noticed that too - all Mia's captions are maybe a little quote + "I've just uploaded a new video!!" and it's the same with the family account, they only post stories of them saying that they've uploaded a new video and then will maybe post a few pictures in the days following the upload. They also seem to upload either on the same day or within a few days of each other? It's all very weird...

Reactions: 4
At least they don’t show everyday of their kids lives I suppose, they do have “some privacy”.

To be me Mia’s account is purely a business account, she probably has a private personal one somewhere.

Reactions: 8
At least they don’t show everyday of their kids lives I suppose, they do have “some privacy”.

To be me Mia’s account is purely a business account, she probably has a private personal one somewhere.
Private instagram for who though? Is it just me who it seems like she doesn’t have any outside of youtube friends. She used to when she went to her alternative school but she never seems to see them. Obviously we don’t see outside the videos but she never talks about any friends, etc. It seems like her only friends are her family. Id not be surprised due to the fact she doesn’t go to school with people and the family never stay in one place for long enough for her to develop close or even casual friendships. I don’t know... just my thoughts i guess.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
It was a good while ago now, but they once did a prank calling our friends and family challenge thing. It was meant to be funny but it was so sad. There were about 5 people on the list that they could call! Only Harriette and that tit Bob from Family Freedom answered!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not watched it so I wouldn’t know what it’s about.... but has Mia really got no other video content so decides to film herself shaving her legs for the first time ever. Bore off

Reactions: 5
I think you're right, I've picked up a weird tension from them. Trying to hard and Mia seems like she is trying to do what ever it takes to keep the peace. I don't think she really wants to be a social media star but as far as she understands, this is how she gets validation and her family relies on this.

Reactions: 4
Sorry if this is prude-ish but did Mia really have to have a thumbnail wearing only a towel?? I have not watched the video but she can still wear clothes/shorts if she was shaving her legs. I'm assuming that she is clothed in the video. It seems wildly inappropriate to me that she would have that as a thumbnail and that her parents would approve it? Yes she is 15/16(?) and teenagers can put a lot worse things out there but I felt it really showed what type of audience her videos are attracting

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Sorry if this is prude-ish but did Mia really have to have a thumbnail wearing only a towel?? I have not watched the video but she can still wear clothes/shorts if she was shaving her legs. I'm assuming that she is clothed in the video. It seems wildly inappropriate to me that she would have that as a thumbnail and that her parents would approve it? Yes she is 15/16(?) and teenagers can put a lot worse things out there but I felt it really showed what type of audience her videos are attracting
It’s not prudish. This is what low life family bloggers do to their kids - allow pervs to come view them for £££. If it were the Inghams allowing such thumbnails people would be going crazy. Can’t understand how this family get away with not being called out for the way they use their kids to make money regardless of where that money is coming from.

• Sick
It’s not prudish. This is what low life family bloggers do to their kids - allow pervs to come view them for £££. If it were the Inghams allowing such thumbnails people would be going crazy. Can’t understand how this family get away with not being called out for the way they use their kids to make money regardless of where that money is coming from.
I agree. Some of you might remember the vlog they did in Brighton called something like "shopping for my first bra" and Georgie was filming Mia trying on the bras. Mia was very clearly uncomfortable- I have no idea how her own mother didn't sense this when it was really clear even to me- and yet Georgie proceeded to film her trying them on. I think this was so inappropriate, especially since Darren edited the vlogs at the time. They have since taken it down but it was up for at least a year.

• Wow
  • Angry
I just found the whole video of Mia’s inappropriate. I don’t know why as many YouTuber’s film leg shaving videos. It’s just the way she made it wearing only a bikini top and the filming angles of her body. Mia also looks quite underweight in her legs especially, although from what we see she does eat big portions of food. She doesn’t look healthy. I remember she mentioned before being around 6 stone.

I don’t think Mia is allowed to act and be a teenager. Georgie and Darren seem too controlling and have only seemed to have caught her how to act like a ‘mum’! Why is Mia carrying around Karma in a sling? Shouldn’t a) Karma be walking with them or b) Darren carry her?

I have always found the tone of Mia’s videos a little odd so have never watched them but often see thumbnails that make me worry.

I’m a bit confused by YouTube’s Ts and Cs and age. I understands if you have a channel all content even 18+ is accessible by do you need to be 18 to have a channel?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.