Family Fizz #3 We once did drugs, now we stay virus free with hugs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they are doing GCSEs then their homeschooling is a load of crap, because you’re not working towards any qualifications, so everything will probably be a half assed approach (as we’ve seen)
Basic English and maths should be pushed, maybe they can get Mia on a makeup course , ok it’s not a GCSE but it’s a qualification, proof of commitment etc
Idk I just can’t understand why you wouldn’t want your children to be educated to the best of their ability
That's I was thinking. What exactly is the education they're receiving then cause there's no criteria?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I called them out on the queer baiting in their most recent video and they've blocked me, I'm pretty sure the only reason they've not been in any scandals as of yet is because they silence anyone that calls them out

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Unfortunately Sienna seems like she's starting to head in the same direction as Mia. Their video about homeschooling she talked very negatively about school considering how much she seemed to enjoy it when she actually went. If she keeps up this dream of wanting to be a scientist I think she's going to be disappointed when she realises she actually needs an education and she's years behind. I can't them encouraging any of their children to get a formal education and they'll grow up so sheltered from the rest of the world they probably won't see it as an option
I really feel for poor Sienna in all of this - she has massive dreams but doesn't seem to understand what she needs to do to achieve them!! I feel so sad for her when she shows her little notebook with her experiments "ketchup + water = water turns red" at her age in school they would be making far more advanced experiments - honeycomb or sherbet making would be appropriate for her age.

I was shocked in their recent instagram stories that neither of the girls knew the life cycle of a frog? Not sure if it is just in my area but it is one of the first things all the kids learn at school..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I really feel for poor Sienna in all of this - she has massive dreams but doesn't seem to understand what she needs to do to achieve them!! I feel so sad for her when she shows her little notebook with her experiments "ketchup + water = water turns red" at her age in school they would be making far more advanced experiments - honeycomb or sherbet making would be appropriate for her age.

I was shocked in their recent instagram stories that neither of the girls knew the life cycle of a frog? Not sure if it is just in my area but it is one of the first things all the kids learn at school..
I learnt about frogs and tadpoles from nursery age, we had our own pond in our nursery garden

Reactions: 8
I called them out on the queer baiting in their most recent video and they've blocked me, I'm pretty sure the only reason they've not been in any scandals as of yet is because they silence anyone that calls them out
I hate when people do that. It's fine you were wrong just admit you were ignorant.

Reactions: 2

Not sure if anyone else has seen, but Sienna's handwriting is also extremely poor for a child her age.

Reactions: 9
sorry haven’t fully read through this yet but something really bothered me and yes I’m probably just being petty with their recent video. The whole is Darren bi thing. I personally think Darren answered it well with just a calm no. But the fact that sienna has no clue what bisexual means and they weren’t even going to explain it to her? that really doesn’t feel right. They lived in Brighton and didn’t go to pride? Not saying it’s a requirement but as a family channel that constantly goes on about giving their family new experiences it seems weird? but the fact that Mia and Georgie both laughed about it too? It all seems a bit weird. And that they constantly push friendships between their daughters and boys as a relationship seems creepy?

Reactions: 9
My aunt homeschooled her kids when they were young and once a year a sort of inspector came over to test the kids on reading writing maths their must be some regulations with homeschool I don’t live in England so it might be different but it doesn’t seem like they do much school at all

Ah that's just stupid 🙄 you literally need grades to get any job! and those kids are going to have to learn that the hard way...

Reactions: 8

watch what darren says from 2:05. I disagree completely with it.
I hate darrens whole attitude he just acts like he’s some big important person

And him going on about mia learnt about social media management editing that is only useful for a youtube career it’s shows that they aren’t following any curriculum with homeschool it’s just learning to edit and other rubbish they pass off as school

Reactions: 13
“I’m not discouraging you guys from getting bad grades” oh Georgie 😂 case in point as to why education is important

Someone else mentioned before about how highly successful people often work for someone else which is a good point. Darren also says that grades are only important “if you WANT to work for someone else” - what if they don’t want to? Being self employed isn’t necessarily a bed of roses as it takes a lot of responsibility and self-motivation which the kids don’t yet know about. Also, what if they NEED to work for someone else? I’m sure a lot of people would love to be self employed but don’t have the funds/opportunities and need to hold down a job to put food on the table. I didn’t think Darren was from a privileged background so I’m surprised he isn’t more realistic

Reactions: 10
The amount of times I’ve been blocked by them for simply saying my opinion

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Just checked Mia’s channel and her latest video is titled “Letting my MUM photoshop me ‘HOTTER’”, complete with a bikini shot in the thumbnail! This family is so creepy. If my 15 year old daughter asked me to edit her bikini photos so she looked ‘hotter’ and then post them online, I’d be saying no and having a discussion about why it’s inappropriate. Mia is young with little life experience, her parents need to be protecting her, not encouraging her to endanger herself
I feel like videos like this are so damaging. She has such a young not to mention impressionable fan base, and she's telling them that to be prettier you have to photoshop yourself rather than being comfortable and feeling pretty in your own skin. Its not really the kind of message you should be sending to young girls as it leads to such unrealistic expectations that they have to have the skinniest waist, or a thigh gap, or big boobs etc and it is often a cause for things like eating disorders, mental health issues and so on . Totally irresponsible 🙄

Although Mia has decided exams aren’t for her, I don’t agree with her justification of it ‘because I won’t be working for someone else’. I do like Family Fizz for the most part but I do disagree with airing views like this online. They have a lot of young impressionable viewers who could take this idea on board and slack at school thinking exams aren’t important as they don’t plan on ‘working for someone else’ either.

Also it’s none of my business really, but I hope these views haven’t been passed on to Sienna. She strikes me as very enthusiastic about learning, and while she may be a bit behind academically (due to no fault of her own, it’s how she’s been schooled) I genuinely think she would thrive and do extremely well at mainstream school. You can tell that she’s a very bright little girl, and could go very far in life. I hope she will be encouraged to sit exams in due course.
As someone who was actually homeschooled from ages 4-7, it really does put you behind and at such a disadvantage. The reason I was homeschooled was because my parents jobs required them to move very frequently and so changing schools every term was not ideal, however they settled down when I was 5/6 and I continued to be homeschooled.
I like Sienna, was always interested and curious about everything, wanting to do experiments and all sorts but homeschooling doesn't give you that and so I asked my parents to send me to school. I think that was the best decision I ever made...I started school in Year 3, and though it took a few terms to get up to speed with everybody else, I absolutely thrived. I made friends that I still talk to today, I began to excel in subjects like maths and science, I had so many more opportunities to do extra curricular things like music, like I can now play the piano and the violin. I had friends who went to gymnastics and invited me along and I loved it and carried on with the sport until now.
School honestly did so much good for me, I sat my GCSE's and got all A*, I also sat my A-levels 2 years ago and got 3 A*'s, and now im currently doing a medical degree at university.
If I had been homeschooled I wouldn't have had any of the opportunities I have now, I would be nowhere near where I am now, and probably a completely different person.
I understand it is a personal choice, but I am simply one of many stories of kids who absolutely thrived going to school and sitting exams. I am so glad that I asked my parents and said 'do you know what I don't really like homeschool I think id be better off in mainstream' because it hands down did me the world of good.

It would be such a shame if they didn't send Sienna to school. I feel like I was exactly like her when I was 7/8, and I just wanted to know more about everything and she would do so well because she is incredibly bright, and would be such a shame to see her intelligence go to waste.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Did Mia really just say shes not doing her GCSES? Shes actually deluded herself into thinking she wont need a job when shes older, wow. I cant wait for their channel to fizzle out so they can get their heads in the real world.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Did Mia really just say shes not doing her GCSES? Shes actually deluded herself into thinking she wont need a job when shes older, wow. I cant wait for their channel to fizzle out so they can get their heads in the real world.
Yep and with such a young impressionable audience their making kids think education is a waste of time

Family Fizzle Out 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
My daughter used to watch this family - she was 7 at the time. She liked Mia lol. I stopped her when the bra-shopping and periods vids came out. She's now, sadly, moved on to Familia Diamond and bloody Sav & Cole.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.