Family Fizz #2 Another kid for a few more quid!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is something that irks me with people that listen to a lot of the personal development bullshit. They genuinely don't believe in genuine mental illnesses and believe things like depression can be easily fixed.

It really pisses me off. I'm well aware of the big "nature Vs nurture" debate, however I truly believe that chemical imbalances in the brain cause mental health issues for the majority of people. Yes, there are environmental factors to consider too. But you can't just talk yourself out of true mental illnesses.

Whilst I know she just spoke about the "baby blues", she needs to be careful how she words things on Instagram. When posts by "influential people" aren't worded correctly, dangerous things can happen to followers.

Some things she writes or talks about on vlogs can be helpful. Their birth story vlog for instance, some parts were fairly helpful (but unfortunately Darren took over the majority of the talk and ruined any form of female empowerment that could have came from the video). I wanted to hear from Georgie more, as I know she's had traumatic births in the past. To hear her have a totally different experience was nice. But I wanted to listen to HER, not Mr Controlling.
I have MH issues including depression and hate when people say 'i just got over it with happy thoughts' etc piss me off. If it were that simple there would be no MH issues left. I have tried a multitude of things to help with mine but alas nothing has helped. Wish i could click my fingers and 'be cured'. No doubt she just had a small bout of depression that some people get after having a baby as well as the winter blues

Reactions: 9
'our baby meets our new baby' something about that doesnt sit right with me. Should be something about meeting baby brother.

Reactions: 4
I find it odd that they’ve not been bothered about posting videos for months, and now they have a newborn they’ve posted 3. New baby videos must be a big money maker for them.

How much does Koa look like Karma as an infant though??

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I know we've said it before, but I'm honestly shocked looking at this. Sienna is 8. This looks like work my 7 year old would have done when he was 5 (in Year 1).

It's such a shame, as Sienna is very knowledgeable and gets excited about learning (especially when it comes to science). Whilst homeschooling can be fantastic, they clearly aren't meeting expectations.

Screenshot_20200214_021704.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I know we've said it before, but I'm honestly shocked looking at this. Sienna is 8. This looks like work my 7 year old would have done when he was 5 (in Year 1).

It's such a shame, as Sienna is very knowledgeable and gets excited about learning (especially when it comes to science). Whilst homeschooling can be fantastic, they clearly aren't meeting expectations.

View attachment 83765
I am an English tutor and teach kids of all different ages and abilities. One of my students is only 7 years old with suspected dyslexia and she is able to write much better than this.
It also leads me to think Sienna's newest instagram post of her reading a novel book is completely staged, if she's unable to group together words and sentences I highly doubt she's able to read a book like that unaided. This age is crucial in developing reading, writing and spelling skills and if it's missed now she's going to really struggle in the future. It's so cruel. Like all kids, even those with dyslexia or other learning difficulties, with the right education, attention and learning tailored to their needs, standards can be met. Her parents should be reading with her every night, not novel books if it's beyond her writing levels, but books suited to her needs, they should be helping her to correct her mistakes, showing her how to write neatly within lines, have gaps between words. I'm in awe of the negligence here. You don't need a degree in teaching to help your child read and write.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I am an English tutor and teach kids of all different ages and abilities. One of my students is only 7 years old with suspected dyslexia and she is able to write much better than this.
It also leads me to think Sienna's newest instagram post of her reading a novel book is completely staged, if she's unable to group together words and sentences I highly doubt she's able to read a book like that unaided. This age is crucial in developing reading, writing and spelling skills and if it's missed now she's going to really struggle in the future. It's so cruel. Like all kids, even those with dyslexia or other learning difficulties, with the right education, attention and learning tailored to their needs, standards can be met. Her parents should be reading with her every night, not novel books if it's beyond her writing levels, but books suited to her needs, they should be helping her to correct her mistakes, showing her how to write neatly within lines, have gaps between words. I'm in awe of the negligence here. You don't need a degree in teaching to help your child read and write.
These are exactly the reasons I didn't home school. I would have loved to, my children struggle with autism in different forms. I would never have been able to keep up academically however, I would have in the long run held them back and that's really sad and selfish.

Reactions: 3

View attachment 83765
My 5 year old writes better than that 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2

View attachment 83765
Likewise I was shocked. This looks like the work of a high reception or low year 1 child. I cannot believe this is the work of a child in year 3. Hopefully there is more work going on than we can see. I just would fear that as she is going into all these new schools so low and the teachers might know she will only be there 3-6 months, are they really meeting her needs? She is a bright child and the handwriting alone could be ironed out in a month where I teach.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Imagine if soemthing had happened with koa’s birth. Like he got stuck, she couldn’t deliver him?! And she was rushed to hospital or something. Imagine how much that would have scared the kids..

Reactions: 7
Imagine if soemthing had happened with koa’s birth. Like he got stuck, she couldn’t deliver him?! And she was rushed to hospital or something. Imagine how much that would have scared the kids..
Karma looked scared enough as it was. If that had happened Darren would have had to go with her, leaving Mia with Sienna and Karma to look after while also being scared herself. I find it concerning how small their circle is and how they only have each other to rely on!

Reactions: 11
Felt so sorry for Sienna in Koa’s photoshoot video.
First she wants to show off her dress to camera and Georgie couldn’t pull the camera away fast enough just because Darren said something. Then she goes on and on gushing about how Karma is this kind of baby and Koa is that kind of baby and turns to Sienna and said ‘you were just a normal baby’.
Finally at the end Georgie asks Karma if she wants a bath and Sienna gets really excited saying ‘yeah a bath with me’ and jumping around and Georgie is completely oblivious and goes on about how she’ll have a bath with Karma because she feels Karma has been left out a lot. KARMA has been left out?! Sienna has been an afterthought for months now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Had to come over and post as felt a bit sick after seeing their latest insta. They captioned his photos(he's beautiful) with "you're the brightest star in the sky tonight baby boy" my heart skipped a beat as I thought something had happened to him. Really poor choice of words in my mind.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Had to come over and post as felt a bit sick after seeing their latest insta. They captioned his photos(he's beautiful) with "you're the brightest star in the sky tonight baby boy" my heart skipped a beat as I thought something had happened to him. Really poor choice of words in my mind.
Completely agree.

Also felt she was showing off in her double breastfeeding insta post! Maybe just me but I would of weaned Karma off the boob whilst pregnant.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yep I thought the same for a split sec. V.poor choice of words!!

Reactions: 2
Also thought the same. A bad choice of words.

Haven't watched their latest vlog, but have noticed Sienna gets left out a lot nowadays. It's really sad. Georgie and Darren seem so caught up in this new bubble of Karma and Koa that they forget that they've got two other children who have been through a lot with them. I can see Sienna losing her sparkle with Koa now in the picture too.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.